TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Live with Kelly: Archive through April 26, 2016 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's time for Kelly to move on?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Simple Definition of prima donna

: the main female singer in an opera company

: a person who thinks she or he is better than everyone else and who does not work well as part of a team or group

This is what Kelly is. She thinks that "jock "Michael has some nerve moving on to a more high profile position. She should be glad she has this gig and all that it allows her.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Do we really know what she is thinking? I have only read speculation and assumption in the news.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I guess I can understand her being upset because of the way it was announced. Supposedly she only found out just before it was made public. If this is true, then I think she should have been told more than one day before the announcement was made. They should have at least given her a few days to process it. I think she deserves that.

But she gets "zero" sympathy from me for the way she is handling it. She is making a much bigger deal out of it than it should be. Or maybe she really is a diva, prima dona, spoiled celebrity or all of the above.

She is the one who has to come back to the show (whenever she does decide to return) and act like nothing is wrong.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
ITA Rvon. My only possible point would be that we know she was told ahead of the public and who knows if that was originally supposed to be hours, days or weeks and a leak pushed announcement up. Leaks happen more often than not in that industry. I think her reaction should have been... 'OMG, I am so pleased for you!! You must be so exited!! I am really going to miss you!!' Privately she could worry about how a shakeup could affect her but on her own time not by refusing to show up for her 15 million dollar job.

If I was TPTB I would be tempted to let Michael finish up to June with guest cohosts and then completely revamp show and both hosts for Sept. Would save them millions. If Kelly is always this much of a p.i.t.a. then maybe that is the thinking and she knows it and THATS the reason for the tantrum.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Many of us have felt the same type of reaction while at our jobs but none of us have the luxury of pouting or taking time off. For $15 million, she needs to be reminded of how lucky she is.

Then again, why assume we are being told the entire story when even a highly paid employee isn't aware of what they're planning? So as Rissa said, maybe THAT'S the reason for her blue flu.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Yes, Rissa and Kappy, whatever the backstory is behind this story, Kelly Ripa made it into a bigger cluster than it should have been.

Unless TPTB blantantly lied to her face about Michael's new assignment, etc., there isn't a good enough reason in the world for her to behave this way.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kelly Ripa Confirms Tuesday Live Return, Thanks Staff for Giving Her Time to 'Process' Strahan's Exit
By Michael Ausiello / April 22 2016, 11:06 PM PDT

http://tvline.com/2016/04/22/kelly-ripa-returns-live-with-kelly-and-michael-strahan-controversy/

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Everyone will be watching on Tuesday. Win win for Live.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I won't be watching. lol

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
It's great Michael is off to GMA as he won't last long. If you notice these people come and go off that show. The Kelly & Michael gig was perfect for someone who wanted to do other shows or acting gigs with the time they get off and the pay check is fantastic.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Rumor has it that ABC wants GMA to go to a 3-hour block like Today is doing, which may mean Kelly and whomever will be either on at a different time or off the air completely (I doubt that though). Apparently, the Today show has managed to win the morning ratings recently and this is what TPTB are nervous about. So ya, they all do do a lot of shuffling around -- only for the good of the morning ratings.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't watch any of the early morning shows, maybe catch a bit here and there. I think going three hours is a bit much. They end up with a bunch of crap filler stories.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Today show's four hours is toooo much. I'm getting tired of the fun bunch on GMA. If I watch a morning program, it's now CBS This Morning.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I think it's Disneys Bob Igors fault. There shouldn't be so much negative press about Kelle, as she was on a planned vacation, today Monday is her and her dh's 20th anniversary. Igor treated her like a girl, not an equal. There shouldn't be so much negative reports on how her and Michel get along. To me that's staffers and probably the same staffers that are whining they'll lose their jobs.

She and the show, producers etc. took a year before deciding on Michael Strahan, the ratings went up because of their chemistry and his willingness to do anything.

I watched him on GMA and it's not the same, not the chemistry. That show has suffered since NBC tempted and got Josh Elliot and Sam Champion to jump ship. Those left felt a since of betrayal. And it hasn't been the same since. Michael does good with his segments, but so does the other fill in reporters.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I never watch/tape this show, yet the DVR is set for tomorrow.
Inquiring minds want to know which means I am"nosy".

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Wonder if Regis is following all this?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I actually like the weekend bunch on GMA better than the regular ones.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Yes Regis was asked on tape his opinion. He said they did Kelle wrong.

The staff is worried about their jobs, but they are in tv and nothing is guaranteed. Just ask Oprahs staff and all the businesses that closed by her studio. It beats me why they just didn't take a " company" line, a planned vacation for her 20th wedding anniversary

I know people get in snits and get the "blue flu". She needed to take a stand. Maybe it'll work. Maybe it won't. I know Kelly and Strahan are good actors, it'll be interesting to see if she has photos of her vacation ( she usually does) she often says that Michael is a bigger deal than she is. She says she's just a mom. Talks mom things, finding a college for her oldest son, going to lacrosse and cross country games/meets. While Michael goes out to dinner with "people" while Michael knows Oprah. Of course that could be the schtic and she grew to resent it off camera and continued acting on camera.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
My husband gets so tired of GMA and all the silly stories they air....just like the Today show too. I must say I am getting tired of them talking over themselves all the time. Maybe we should switch to CBS too.

Not sure I understand why TPTB waited until the last minute to tell Kelly. And for this I am surprised and confused why Michael didn't tell her sooner too. Unless, of course, he was forbade to say anything. She had a right to be angry -- not sure she should have done what she did, but she definitely had a right to be pissed.

I don't believe that she and Michael do not get along. I think that is BS. If it isn't then they are amazing actors.

I do hope it is addressed tomorrow and Kelly spills the beans on everything. And, of course, I will be happy when all the rumors are put to rest.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Rvon, I switched to CBS this morning, I love their "take in 60 seconds". I love Charlie Rose, Gayle King, and Norah ODonnel, they spend more time on news, authors, politics, they show upcoming 60 minute stories, do some things with the arts, however... Charlie and Norah have been doing more hard hitting stories for 60 min, and I w as appalled to see Josh Elliot at the table today

I think they waited because they were negotiating. I think his contract is up in September, but, the deal supposedly hit a good point Sunday, so in a way it was on thin ice, somehow you'd hope they could trust one another enough to say, I'm in secret negotiations with Disney. Or I'd like to tell you about negotiating but my hands are tied.

They've joked about the anniversary gift is diamonds. I think if they did get along he'd get her a diamond necklace, or ring. When she jokes like that, the diamond thing, I always think of Dancing with the stars Cheyl Burke and that football player gave her a diamond

But that's not fair for me to bring that in, it's not going to happen.

There still in this world, and in the entertainment world a disparity between men and women.

I don't see Lara Spencer warming up to Michael. I just don't see it working as well as he worked on Live.

Dee

08-08-2000

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dee a private message Print Post    
I saw the interview on the street with Regis where he said maybe Kelly should have been told first - yet he gave her 15 mins notice himself.

Something I don't understand is why this is such a big deal to Kelly. It's not like she and Michael were married and she just found out he's divorcing her. They are both professionals making a lot of money and he's chosen to move on.
If anything, this is a great opportunity for the show - try out new hosts, etc.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I imagine a lot of folks who don't normally watch, will be tuning in today. Kelly has one shot to make herself look something other than a brat. She needs to own up to not reacting in the best way and be gracious to Michael. If she tries to just excuse and throw shade on management, that won't win her potential new fans. She also should avoid anything that condescends to her viewers, like claiming this was a planned holiday anyway, when the media has been very clear that Monday was a planned day off ... not the two days last week. i am sure management has discussed with her what THEY want the message to be, so she has a lot of people to please this morning. I am betting she and Michael and Gelman have alrdy hashed it out over the weekend.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I heard on the radio it is more about her concern for the other show going into her timeslot. They want to move her show to later time, like 10a.m. or 2p.m. So not only about not knowing but that her how is not on during a busy time.

I won't be watching this morning but will return here to hear how today's show went out of curiousity. I don't normally watch the show.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
It's always disconcerting when you hear news like that at the last minute. I suppose she wanted time to digest it and adjust to it. it does leave her looking like a bit of a prima donna but if they did the exact same thing to her with Regis, is that fair? I suppose she feels like an idiot getting such big news only shortly before the public does.

Being the primary breadwinner and worrying about the pressure of ratings etc. might be making her feel insecure about the entire situation. If management is blindsiding her with stuff like this and more than once, what other bad news might they have for her?

Bit of tempest in a teapot...maybe.