TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Live with Kelly: Archive through April 21, 2016 users admin

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I'm very happy with the Strahan pick. I've been pleased to see that Kelly's ratings have met and exceeded the ratings she had with her previous co-host and I'm sure she'll do even better when Mr Strahan joins her full time. The best part? He'll talk about football but never mention Notre Dame

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I am done with this show too. I wanted Jerry O'Connell for co-host. I don't think Strahan is a good pick at all.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Remember Justin Silver from Dogs In the City last summer? He was on Live today with puppies. It was good to see him again. I still have last episode of Dogs In the City on my DVR.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Color, is dogs in the city coming back? if so when?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Haven't heard anything about it, so I don't think so. That was a good show and I like Justin.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Michael Strahan's leaving was a total shock to Kelly. The "Powers that be" did not tell her or Gelman that Michael was moving up to GMA full time. Wonder how this will turn out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, Kelly's really, really mad. Can't say as I blame her. They really did blindside her.

http://www.eonline.com/news/758576/kelly-ripa-will-not-return-to-live-this-week-following-michael-strahan-s-surprising-exit

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well maybe it is because she was badmouthing him and trying to get him fired. She is very vengeful if you don't kiss her feet,. What she did with Regis was very very bad.

as it is, I refuse to bank at a local bank because she is in their ads, and now I have to give up a toothpaste used since my childhood, I want to not support ehr ever.
Can you guess I don't like her? I can't figure out why anyone does. She is so passive aggressive on TV

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
What did she do to Regis, Sadiesmom? I sensed her annoyance with him before he left but haven't heard anything specific. I was very surprised that there was no mention of him during her 15 yr anniversary show. I was expecting him to show up.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
What did they think to accomplish by not telling her? A bad move. I thought Kelly and Michael were closer.
I also noticed Kelly's annoyance with Regis before he moved on. I sure didnt get the feeling he was missed by her! In fact Regis pops up on Kathie Lee's show from time to time which I love to see.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was reading that Kelly and Regis haven't even spoken once since he left the show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Apparently, Kelly and Michael were not the best of friends either. Surprising, because the few times I've seen the show, they seemed like they liked each other. I wonder if she was a bit jealous because he was on GMA twice a week.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Regardless of how Kelly may or may not be in real life, that was pretty low of ABC/Disney to keep both her and producer Michael Gelman in the dark. It shows a lack of respect.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It does show a lack of respect and consideration. Kelly and Gelman have been there longer than Michael. It says a lot about who TPTB consider the real talent on the show.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
TPTB may also have realized what a ratings boost this is. I don't even watch the show, but set my DVR to record it just to see if there are any developments.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I guess I am in the minority. I have a few family members, including my husband, who are in professions where you negotiate contracts and you DO NOT discuss it with other coworkers until it's a done deal. Firstly, it's nobody's business and secondly outside voices could influence outcome. I see Kelly having a tantrum and not showing up for a job she is paid 15 million a year for just because she wasn't told before everyone else and I don't have any doubt that she could have put a spanner in the works had she known ahead of time. Her reaction is nonsensical to me and I am at a loss as to what she thinks this pout fest is going to accomplish. Wouldn't any normal person be happy for a coworker whose career is taking a step up?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I honestly doubt that Michael would be doing GMA if not for his stint on Live and that was pushed for by Kelly. She is reportedly the one that wanted him over any of the other candidates. I think it would have been good of him to let them know that he was thinking of taking this offer. It's just kindness and gratitude, that's all.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Regis was on with Kathy Lee once and was saying that he asked if he could come on the show and was told no Kelly didn't want him on. From what Rumor had it, Kelly didn't want anyone but her under employed husband to host with her and was told that was never going to happen, she does not seem to be happy with Srahan, I noticed he was getting better advertisements lately.

As far as Kelly affecting me, I stop using what ever she advertises, just recently I stopped using a life long tooth paste brand. I find her very passive aggressive and unwatchable.

I don't turn on TMZ, but it was on one day, didn't not change the channel and they were saying ABC is considering eliminating her show and expanding the ABC news show over her hour. That would probably annoy her more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rissa I agree with you, you just don't discuss these type of changes with anyone other than your spouse until it is done. Basic Business.

I think it is funny that she won't come back on the show until he is gone, at least that is what I heard, probably on TMZ.

I did check this morning to see if she was there, and I never watch the show, LOL. Oh, she wasn't there.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm with Rissa and Dipo. Big deals are not discussed until they are done. Disney should have held off reporting it for a few days until Michael had a chance to tell her and for her to process.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that she was treated shabbily. They shouldn't have released the information until she was told...it affects her in a huge way and she has been very supportive of Strahan. Also if they extend Good Morning America another hour it also affects her and the show she is on. She shouldn't have found out as an afterthought.

He is staying until they go on summer break and she is supposed to return on Tuesday. She just needs some time to process it and see where her future is headed.

I've always liked her even from her earliest soap opera days!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I have always liked Kelly and was pleased she was the one picked out of all the choices they paraded passed us.

She did have flair with some of the co-hosts they once again paraded at us. Michael was the best choice. They should of put it through her and Gelman before everyone else like someone had stated above. It was in bad taste to throw that out there to the world and not tell the other affected folks what was going on.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I can understand that it might have been leaked...but somebody should have snagged her and told her in person privately...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think they did tell her in person, but only a little bit before the announcement. I think she probably wanted a couple of days notice instead.

Plus I guess ABC did this to her before, when they had him join GMA for two days, they didn't tell her in advance on that one either.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
According to Strahan, she WAS told prior to it being made public. The article I read said he called her personally and he was shocked by her response.