TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through February 21, 2016 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You know what's funny? Even though Bronn can be bought, for some reason I never think of him as a bad guy. Maybe because mostly he is bought by the good guys.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kit Harington, the guy who plays Jon Snow, was on Kimmel tonight. He said that one battle took 25 days to film! Jeeez.

He also said the white walkers aren't CGI. They are actually guys in make-up. He talked about how weird it was eating lunch with them....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think about 20 million hearts are broken and sobbing tonight :-(

I'll comment some more tomorrow about the rest of the happenings. One of which I cheered for, but not sure actually happened, because they cut away. And they don't normally cut away from the deaths.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Before I forget, I want to mention one other thing.

When Brienne was about to slice off Stannis' head, it looked like he suddenly was looking beyond her, as if someone was coming up behind her. And then Brienne raises her sword to kill him, and they cut away to a scene with Ramsay.

So that is why I am not sure if Stannis is dead. They sure showed the other death scenes in full color and close up....why not Stannis'? Hmmmm.

eta: and I am very sad that was season finale!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I just can't believe it, they can't leave the end like this!!! Jon has to come back, he can't be gone

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What a finale! So much happened.

I agree that it's not clear that Stannis is dead (though I'd be more than fine with it). Some people are holding out hope that Jon can be saved somehow as well.

The scene with the three of them on the steps was funny.

Long wait now until next season.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
What was the deal with Daenyrus and the ring ?

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I just rewatched the scene of the "atonement" of the queen. Wow that was something. I feel the need to start watching from the beginning again, just to remember all the twists, etc. What a great show this is. Lottaluv, I think she did that because she knew she was going to get captured and it would give her people a clue as to what happened.

On another note--the scene in the arena from the week before made me chuckle. If you are a Cleveland Cavaliers fan, they did a recreation of that scene, only had David Blatt as the queen and Labron was the dragon. There were other people in it from the Cavs but it was hilarious and it was amazing to see the real scene (and I did laugh thinking that David Blatt was the queen riding on the back of Labron James :-)).

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
I just reached the whole series so I could remember certain things within the show that I had forgotten...

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Ring could be as a marker for anyone looking for her after the Dothraki take her away.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Offtopic, but may be of interest to some GOT viewers:

Has anyone seen "Vicious" starring Ian McClellan and Derek Jacobi ("The Borgias")? It's a British sitcom about two old gay men who have been together for 50 years and their friends, including the somewhat naive young straight guy named Ash who lives in the apartment upstairs.

I only just realized that Ash is played by Iwan Rheon, who plays the evil, torturing, murdering, raping Ramsay Bolton on Game of Thrones! The two characters are so totally different it took awhile for me to recognize him on Vicious.

If the character Ramsay leaves an evil taste in your mouth when you see him on Game of Thrones (like he did mine) you can cleanse your palate by watching the actor be both funny and clueless on Vicious.

It's worth a peek....clips and full episodes are available on youtube (but you may need to register for the full episodes):

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vicious+full+episode

Also, season 1 is available on DVD at Netflix....not sure if it's on Netflix streaming.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yes, Sanfranjoshfan. I love that show and I think the character of Ash is hillarious. Who knew he could also play nasty aka Ramsay? I only found out by doing an Imdb search I think.

I have read that they are starting to film a new season of Vicious in the UK.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the last five episodes over two days and what a gut punch the finale was. That walk of atonement for Cersei was a pretty hard thing to watch and then Jon! I can't imagine how he'd be saved unless the Red Witch can conjure something up. Where was Ghost when you need him?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Never really cared to watch this show, when it started..... So i never wanted or needed to get HBO. DTV has free HBO this week with the Marathon and started watching the show, but didn't come in till S2, I can't say I'm hooked like I was with TWD, it's an interesting show, but so dreary .....i dont know anyone's name, nor how many seasons their are, but because I can't sit thru till the final season ...... Can someone tell me if this punk kid who is the King, and nephew of the dwarf guy ... by any chance die? Lol Please tell me he dies.......
And how come the kids are the kings? ,,this is such a bizarre show. Lol
I still don't have a need to add HBO to my plan.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, yes, Joffrey dies a magnificently horrible death at his own wedding.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, if you want to see it, it's in season 4, ep 2. Toward the end.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, you're not the only one that has trouble remembering all the names with the characters....

Here is the most honest trailer I've ever seen for this show. It cracks me up! You'll like it, too...that King brat gets slapped a couple of times and the last minute or so is about the names of the many characters.

Warning - This video contains spoilers!

Honest Trailers - Game of Thrones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've watched that "trailer" a few times. It is so darn funny!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks! Being Sunday was the 1st day ever to see any of these shows, nobody's name stuck with me..... And still doesn't except for Jon snow. Lol

I did go online to see,the kings,death, wish it was more of a slow torture death ..... Kinda like the poor guy who got his fingers and thing chopped off. ( don't even know if this guy is still alive or not) missed a show or 2 or 3 after that.

Did he survive?

Today's show starts at season 4

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes he is still there, albeit rather badly damaged to say the least.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't know how many have seen this already but if you liked the Honest Trailer you'll probably get a laugh out of Jon Snow being invited to dinner with Seth Meyers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BabsgCQhpu4

Marej

09-19-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
I never watched this show until last season. So this marathon is great.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That was hilarious, Jimmer. Thanks!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You guys are going to love this.

The actress that plays The Red Woman Melisandre was on Seth Meyers this week and they did a skit about what it would be like if The Red Woman went to a baby shower...hahaha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5C6kG57J7Q

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was pretty funny! Seth has to stop inviting these characters over.