TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Family: Archive through April 11, 2016 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I've been thinking pock-mark-guy is planning on re-kidnapping the kid who is saying he's Adam.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
It's also possible that q tip wasn't Adams. I know it came from his bathroom but maybe someone else used it

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like the Adam and "fake Adam" were both kidnapped by the pockmarked man idea. That would account for why "fake Adam" (if he is fake) knew enough to claim to be him, and why when he saw Adam's "missing" flyer he recognised him and said he was him (wanted to be with the family the other boy had described).

Horsemom2

05-09-2011

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Horsemom2 a private message Print Post    
I really like this show and hope we see it till its ending. It is not doing well as far as numbers

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you just described the plot of that Elementary episode I was referring to!
:-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah, I should be a writer ;).

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
That story line has been done over and over in Made for TV movies. I especially remember one from 1990 called The Stranger Within staring Ricky Schroeder. He was abducted, got to know the other kid held with him, then went and passed himself off as the kid. So it's not very original. I'll be disappointed if they're lazy enough to to go with that plot. I think it will be more complex than that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Then I should have been a writer of Lifetime Channel movies back in the 90's ;).

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I thought in the Elementary episode they weren't kidnapped together. The fake girl just found her and saw the opportunity to pose as her.

Anyhoo, I think the kid will really be Adam and the confusion over the latest paternity test was from the reporter testing against the father's DNA only. She didn't have access to the police samples. I'm sure she said she tested against a coffee cup that John drank from.

I'm putting in a crazy guess that the governor is Adam's father. I cannot see Claire having an affair with Hank. Now that I type this the governor could be behind the original DNA test shadiness when Adam was first found.

OK, I've officially lost my mind! I need to go take some aspirin. I'm giving myself a headache. LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You're right, Rieann. I had totally forgotten that the fake girl in that Elementary episode hadn't actually been kidnapped with the real missing girl.

Article on that episode: http://www.tvfanatic.com/2016/01/elementary-season-4-episode-7-review-miss-taken/

I know I've seen a TV show with the plot of kidnappee claiming to be a long lost child of a couple whose child was stolen....but she was actually a "campanion kidnapee" of the real missing child. It was probably on a "Law & Order SVU" or a "Criminal Minds" episode.

I'm old enough now that I can officially claim all my memory mistakes as "senior moments"....although at this point, all those "moments" add up to senior "days" or "weeks" or "months"....or "years"? Hmmm....what was I talking about again? :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 1:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Your memory of detail and particularly in picking out subtle things in plots is far better than mine is (or ever has been) and I'm about 15 years younger that you, Sanfran. It's a skill and you have it. The only shows I really retain are the ones I take obsessive notes for.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree, Kitt! SFJF is the TVCH "go to guy".

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Now it's starting to look like it's going to be exactly what I misremembered about the plot of that Elementary episode! How can I remember something so incorrectly but it turns out likely to be right anyhow? LOL

I guess I'll have to wait and see if it actually turns out that way. There could be more twists and turns, but at this particular moment, it does appear that the kid calling himself Adam is really Ben, the other boy that was already kidnapped when pockmark-guy stole Adam and brought him to that same tunnel/cave/lair.

This is a really intriguing story but I gotta say, I think the sadness and creepiness is overshadowing the mystery.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 2:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
How can I remember something so incorrectly but it turns out likely to be right anyhow? LOL

Because you have great instincts! :-)

This is a really intriguing story but I gotta say, I think the sadness and creepiness is overshadowing the mystery.

I agree. But I really want to see how this plays out. I have so many questions.

I did like how they played out the Ben reveal. First the sister, the flowers, then the appendix.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Because you have great instincts!"

Thank you, but you give me too much credit.:-) I am sure I've seen a show or movie with that exact plot line before.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
WAIT!!! Who's Ben?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Scooterrific, have you watched last night's episode?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Since it has already aired, I'll assume you watched it.

If you haven't, then DON'T READ the rest of this post!

In last night's ep, when "Adam" was in the hospital, someone sent flowers to him that was addressed to "Ben". Then the doctor showed Adam's mom his x-ray and hid appendix was there, but she said Adam has his appendix out when he was 5. When he was in recovery and about to wake up, she leaned over and said "Adam..." a couple of times but he didn't respond. Then she said "Ben" and he opened his eyes.

There was a flashback showing how pockmark guy took Adam and it showed him leaving the unconscious boy in that tunnel/cave/lair. As he started to leave we see another boy already there and he asked "Who's that?", and pockmark guy said, "a friend" as he turned around and walked out.

We can deduce the other boy was Ben who had been kidnapped awhile before Adam and it's actually Ben who is now pretending to be Adam. In my opinion, I think the kid that was already there looks more like the older boy claiming to Adam than the real young Adam does.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So we were right! Poor kid. I wonder why he didn't want to go to his own family.

And it seems like Willa knows more than she has revealed.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kitt, that is what I'm wondering too. Why did the mother say to Willa,"What have you done?!" At first I thought it was a PR stunt that she had groomed a boy to be her brother Adam but then at the end they show Adam being brought into that whole with the other boy. I wonder if Adam is still alive?

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I think something is hinky with the pockmark guy's wife...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Poor kid. I wonder why he didn't want to go to his own family"

You're referring to Ben, right?

I'm actually wondering if Ben is pockmark guy's real son. Maybe pockmark guy stole him from an ex wife after a messy divorce or something. Or maybe he got caught molesting him and took him and changed their names and moved and just hid his kid away in that hole. Maybe his ex wife thinks Ben was kidnapped by a stranger. Maybe his pregnant wife never even knew he had a kid before.

That's the twist *I* would add, anyhow. :-)

This is all just theory...for all I know, "PG" (Pockmark Guy) was never married before and Ben is just another missing boy.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Hi All, was there no new episode last night?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, there was....and it was a good one!

Please ignore my previous post. My latest theory has been totally destroyed. :-)

Horsemom2

05-09-2011

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Horsemom2 a private message Print Post    
How did "PG" (Pockmark Guy) get out of the hole with no ladder???