TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 19, 2016 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, I am so with you on this. Plus, it's saying something when Talking Dead is more interesting than the show. TD was more fun just for the fact Lou Diamond Phillips, a first timer that has nothing to do with the show, was on.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 1:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a great episode. I love the way their story is unfolding and watching the characters as they each start to fully realize that there is no safe haven anymore, that the world they knew is gone and there is absolutely no going back.

Strand's phone call was pretty interesting, too. It was edited in around the time Salavar was searching through Strand's papers and maps and automatic weapon, so it came across that Strand was talking with some kind of cohort (military? smugglers? evil government agents?).

After TD I decided to listen to it again.

The second time I watched the scene, I did so without seeing Salazar rifling through Strand's stuff and it came across very differently to me. It sounded like he may have been talking to his wife. His voice was softer that usual when he said "It's me". He was more soothing, and not as brusque as usual and it sounded like he was taking great pains to make sure that whomever was on the other end of the call was reassured and understood that he would be there for her (or ?). Could it have been his wife or maybe his mother?

It made me think that Strand just might not be as nefarious as we all assumed.

Time will tell.....

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
That is a great observation Sanfran. I actually like Salazar and the captain. Those are the best two characters. Everyone else? Meh... I was actually hoping that sharks would have devoured nick, brooder, and the Kiwi dad, but no luck. That would have been hilarious!

I get that the apocalypse only happened recently, but people can't be so gullible. If you take in every stray, you will run out of food and resources. As a recovering Californian, these people are just too nice and it may cost them. Lol

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Just saying....... lol

Comments are from the Instagram of @amcthewalkingdead

Robert_mart08
I've tried to love this TV show but, but it's awful and boring.

Kmckinish
I don't think they should even air the rest of this season

Rky00715
Bored on Sunday, so I watch, go zombies!!

Edge.tina
I think the saddest part is that AMC must think us fans are stupid
and would be thankful for any zombie storyline - fingers crossed for the airplane group. Hope for better writer and actors! 😕

Stomkin67
Sad part is, most of the producers and writers and special effects people on the Walking Dead
also do this show. Watch the credits.

Fear the Walking Dead has hit rock bottom, and than started digging. Bad cast/writing!
So sick of all the teen angst!! There supposed to be hiding in a cove but have all the boat lights on. Horrible! Please switch to the airplane story soon. I'm rooting for the walkers. 😕

Tammyreneeatkins
Can't figure out why this show is sub par. The characters are so ignorant.

Instagrandma
I agree with Edge.tina

Walking_dead_fan_135
Boo

Lauramolina.art
We will never forget how boring is FTWD

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gee, those guys should just stop watching. I've felt that way about several shows lately but instead of watching and whining, I just dumped my season passes and any remaining episodes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I rather liked last night's episode. Was expecting not to because of the above post, but I liked the character development, the issues raised and how various members of our little band reacted to it.

I think the problem is that The Walking Dead has become so absolutely HORRIFIC week after week, that this does seem tame. TWD may have chased away those who can't tolerate the gore, and only left fans who really enjoy it, or at least don't mind it.

But I wonder if that accounts for why hardcore TWD fans find FTWD boring? Apparently a little girl devouring her mother isn't enough shock and awe?

I think Nick is one of the most complex characters this season, and I'm really enjoying that development. And Chris is becoming more interesting each week also.

Still disappointed that they never brought back that great kid from the high school, though. I think it was a mistake not to, big fan favorite.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The more I think about it, the more I think Strand is the "hero" of this bunch. He did take charge and he has provided a relatively safe (albeit temporary) haven at his compound and then a plan of escape from the fallen L.A. via his ten million dollar yacht for a group of refugees. Yes, he may have agenda, but he did save the lives of most of two different families of total strangers.

If this show must be compared to TWD, I'd say he's the "Shane" that would've led the group had there been no "Rick".

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I should point out that TWD Instagram account is now used for FTWD ..... It advertises FTWD while TWD is on haitis

FEAR doesn't have a legit account on IG

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
What makes this show boring?? I'm with Sanfran... the realization that their world is gone and this is their new normal... I find that so fascinating. And I agree Karuuna... I wish they brought back the kid the high school. I find myself wondering what happened to him... it is a shame they didn't write him into the show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed last nights show as well and was surprised when it was over. Not a bored minute for me. I find I'm just becoming more fascinated with how everything is unfolding.

See now that kid from the high school gave me the creeps on first meeting him. Second viewing he didn't bother me the same.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think we will find out that's not Strand's boat. Why was he is 'jail' Could he be a con artist/grifter?

I liked this ep, mainly because I liked the new characters.

I dont care what happens to Travis and his wife, that is my main problem with this show.

I dont watch WD for the gore, I watch because I love the characters and care about what happens to them, Im invested in them. Other than Nick, Strand, and Old guy, the rest could die and I wouldnt care

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, when I talk about the gore, I'm talking about the "exciting" heart-pumping moments that some seem to be missing.

I agree with you about the mom and dad characters, they just aren't inspiring the kind of investment we have in the more quirky characters that built TWD.

Except for Nick and Strand, and maybe now Chris. I think that's part of what's missing. We want our kind of misfit, struggling, broken, self-contradictory heroes.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
What Pamy said.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
What Pamy said x2.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I feel like the more the characters are coming into their own in the zombie world, the more we can start to relate to them.
Like Chris. When he saw that the other boy's mother had to be "killed" again, I think he finally realized why his mother had to be killed. And so, maybe some forgiveness for what had to happen.

I thought this series did start a bit slow, but I'm really liking it now. I like that they are building up the intensity as it continues to build in their world.

I agree with Pamy - don't think that's Strand's boat, but very curious who he was talking to. And we still don't know the reason he was being held way back when this started, either. He was suspected of something, but what?
We've never really found out why/how the virus started right? So if a group of elitists somehow released it and are together somewhere waiting out the aftermath, it would be pretty interesting if Strand is somehow a part of that and we got more backstory of the virus and it's origins.

Except for Nick and Strand, and maybe now Chris. I think that's part of what's missing. We want our kind of misfit, struggling, broken, self-contradictory heroes.

I kind of feel like these guys will turn into that. Or maybe I'm just hoping. I just remember how Carol was at the beginning. A meek and abused woman- and what she came to be after so much experience.
It seems like this is where Fear the Walking Dead has a problem. All of us already know what will happen and how it was dealt with. But they know nothing, so much of what they do seems pointless or just stupid. Hopefully, they will learn quickly.

I thought the episode was pretty compelling with the family and whatever secret they were holding. I kind of thought they weren't even a real family and the crazy "dad" was holding them all there against their will. I can see where the mom might want them to take the children but I also see why their dad would fight that to the death. There is no guarantee - and really no reason to hope at the moment - that there is anyplace better than where they were at at the moment. That's where the Madison character seems really flawed.
Or maybe her and Travis both. They are still making their decisions based on optimism and not realism.

I really like Nick and I kind of hope the drugs scenes will end soon. I like his personality and I like the fact that despite the addiction, he seems like such a caring and sweet guy.
I think they want us to think that Chris will eventually be the leader - he is already showing he can do what needs to be done, but I think Nick is going to ultimately prove to be a better leader.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How come no one has ever mentioned this "Flight 462" thing? (I just did board search) I just noticed it last night because one of the episodes was listed in on-demand.

I'm going to catch up on the whole Flight 462 series tonight at the AMC site.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I personally like the series so far. I don't LOVE it like I do TWD, but it fills the Sunday night void. I still hold to my original thought that unlike TWD, Fear has not given me a true hero or underdog to root for. TWD had Rick and we followed him and got to know him as others were added. With Fear, there were so many characters and so many plot lines, I honestly have not bonded to anyone of them yet. I think the closest I have come to so far is Nick. And it could be telling that, with the exception of Chris and Strand, he is the only other one whose name I know.

All that being said, I do believe it will get better and more intense.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I agree with Pamy - don't think that's Strand's boat, but very curious who he was talking to"

I haven't seen any reason to doubt it's Strand's boat. He had a beautiful expensive home overlooking the beach and he was wearing a very expensive watch and cuff links when he was being held by the military....and he knows the boat's cost was $10 million.

As for the phone call, I think he was talking to Abigail....the person the boat is named after. He may be a con man, but during that phone call, he seemed relaxed and very reassuring to the person at the other end. I don't believe he was conning anyone in that scene. And as he looked at that post card of Catalina Island during the call, he even looked a bit sentimental.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has no one watched Flight 462? It's an online companion show to FTWD,

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/exclusives/fear-the-walking-dead-flight-462

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I've watched it... I can't think of anything more scary... walkers on a plane... with stupid people!!!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Naja, I watched about 2 episodes of Flight 462 because I kept forgetting it was on. So I googled it to try and catch up on what was happening. I believe Flight 462 will eventually tie into FTWD...right?
Thanks for the heads up about it being on AMC tonight...I'll look for it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Naja, they show the lady Marshall in previews for upcoming episodes...so we will find out about that plane soon...I hope the young boy also survives

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, but was that his home?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, let's think about it....he had the code to get in, he knew there was food in the fridge, he walked directly to his bedroom and packed his clothes without bothering to see if they fit and he picked up a framed photo from a shelf and stared at it for a moment before taking it.

Why would he lie? It's not like they would've all chosen to stay out of the safety of that house if they thought it didn't belong to Strand....nor would they've chosen to stay behind and fend for themselves against the infected because they wouldn't want to get caught in a stolen boat. LOL

There was simply no reason for Strand to lie about whether or not the house and boat were his. Nothing we have seen implies they aren't Strand's.

OR...maybe he's just a two dimensional character with nothing deeper than how he appears on the surface (con man), like all the one-note characters on TWD that were created by the same man who created FTWD. (Just kidding, of course!)

Knowing that Kirkland created this spinoff is more than enough reason for me to expect more than a group of shallow characters with no depth. Strand is already giving hints that he's a lot more then he seemed to be when he was in urgent survival mode.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well, when you remind me of all that...LOL

The Strand character is my 2nd fav next to Nick so Im not sure if you are implying I think he is just a con man