TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
THE STORY OF GOD with Morgan Freeman

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: THE STORY OF GOD with Morgan Freeman users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
QUESTION: We are DVR-ing the series THE STORY OF GOD With Morgan Freeman / Nat'l Geographic. BUT we missed the first couple of eps. Anyone have any idea where we can watch them? Not having any luck (so far) with On Demand, or online. Any/all suggestions appreciated.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Mame, does this link for the channel's website work for you in Canada? You can watch the first two eps here...

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rieann, Hubby just found it on Youtube and he's watching it now. :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Glad you found it. :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The first was ' what is God' Then the second dealt with the apocalypse and the third one will explain how God evolved over history.

I'm trying to see if Morgan Freeman, behind his constant smile, gives us an inkling of what he really thinks about God, but the National Geographic won't let him. In a way he says he feels a connection with those who believe but I'm glad he also tries to give us a different perspective, I liked for example that the Indu don't believe in the apocalypse as a religious event, but it's a transformation in nature.
At times I really have to speed up the pvr because I just can't stand some religious nonsense, but since the show needs to reach a wide audience and not just me I have to be patient and just keep shaking my head when I don't agree, but I welcome any interesting interpretation, no matter how many times I heard of it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ep 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPc1TkZUuzI

Ep 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyT6ek5prN0

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Or maybe last ep last night was a repeat... I like the photography around the world more than the content of the show.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Are you still watching this show? How funny is that they were dealing with 'why there is evil' when I recently commented on this on the funny show Lucifer, the thread on these boards.

After much nonsense about the existence of a demon spun by ancient religious beliefs, they finally came to the Zoroastrianism wisdom there isn't any demon out there but just within us and that it's the eternal struggle between two opposites as they are present in the universe, the perpetual dualism that exist in the universe. I admit I didn't even know Zoroastrianism and that it dates back to pre-Christian times, in fact is one of the oldest religion. But it doesn't take a genius to realize it's exactly how they are saying, I came to it simply by rationalizing the dualism in the universe.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've always said, the devil exists only in our heads... and when you think about it, that's the worst possible place he could be!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That's for sure !! Thankfully the majority of humans have a brain that enables them to discern the difference between good and evil which is the conscience and this plays in favor of 'good'. Will we reach a moment in our society when our conscience will become so weak that evil will win? That's the fear I have. I will continue to believe that an equilibrium exists in the universe and so even our brain keeps working to maintain this equilibrium.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: