TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 19, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through March 19, 2016 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Naja stated:
It's already in on-demand and I watched it. I don't think it's exactly what you guys are hoping for.

I didn't realize it was on demand, Naja. I'm new to the demand stuff. You are right. The show is actually called: "Killer in the Making" and it's about the woman who accused him of rape long before the Teresa Halbach murder. It's interesting nonetheless.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Maybe we could start a different thread for the Murderer series??

I keep intending to get to Transparent but as hubby isn't interested I never find the time. We did watch Jessica Jones over the New Year and really liked that. I read today that Daredevil has just announced a start date - March 18th.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You'll understand (immediately), Naja, the disturbing aspect of the episode. Jill Soloway, the writer/creator of the show, has been highly praised for the courage she displayed by introducing the subject matter of that episode.

Kitt, I agree that Murderer deserves its own thread! And once you dedicate yourself to watching "Transparent" you'll get what all the fuss is about. There really aren't sufficient superlatives to describe it adequately. I'm halfway through "Jessica Jones" and LOVING it. Krysten Ritter and David Tennant are absolutely delightful!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think Making a Murderer might need it's own thread. I haven't watched yet and there's a lot of scrolling to get to the rest of this thread.

Bandit

07-29-2001

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
I think MAM needs its own thread too. So much to discuss!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky, I just finished season 2 of Transparent. I loved that feeling when I realized who the people in the old Germany scenes were. What a great season!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad you liked it as much as I did, Naja. And I totally agree about the back in old Berlin storyline. That Jill Soloway is such an amazing writer!

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I'm really enjoying "The last tango in Halifax". It's a British series about two families whose widowed parents reconnect after 50 years.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Sorry, The last tango in Halifax is not actually a Netflix series, but you can find it on Netflix and I recommend it never the less

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I just got through watching 'Glen Campbell "I'll Be Me". It's about Glenn's last tour after he announced he had alzheimers. It made me laugh and cry. I really enjoyed it. My mom had alzheimers and we went though a lot of the same things that the Campbell family is going through now. There is a lot of love in that family.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
What channel Sunnyday? My sister in laws are going through it too. I read Campbell was in stage 6 of alzheimer out of 7 stages. I'm a big fan.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
It's on Netflix. I hope you can watch it and enjoy it as much as I did.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky, was Man on Land the episode set out at the women only festival? That was an excellent episode. I watched all of season two the weekend it came out, it one sitting. One of my favorite shows. I love how it was a lot more about the kids this season and how it has changed their outlook on life.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just binge watched "Marvel Jessica Jones". I can't wait for season 2! Now I have to find something else to watch.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Yes, Mamie, that's where the episode took place. I thought it was a real festival until I Googled it and discovered it was fictional. The cost of all those extras must have been huge!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just binge watched season one of How to Get Away with Murder. I'm enjoying it. It has lots of twists and turns. I'm just starting on season 2 so I am avoiding the HTGAWM thread here although I've already seen a few spoilers elsewhere. Hard to avoid when you are late to the game. :-)

Give it a shot if you haven't yet.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Hi, I can't remember if any of you mentioned having watched Happy Valley. If so, though, it appears that there's finally a 2nd season available. Goodness, it was so long ago that I watched the first season (2 years, I think) that I barely remember anything about it. I'm definitely going to have to start over from the beginning before I watch the new.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yay! You just made my morning, Whrlwnd. I'm excited to watch the second season of Happy Valley. I'll probably need a refresher too.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh good, I'm glad I posted it. :-)

Smokey

07-07-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Is it ok to post about Hulu in here? I am loving 11.22.63 with James Franco. Anyone else watching? I highly recommend. It's based on a Stephen King book.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wanted to see it but didn't want to pay for it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Whrlwnd,I like this show but I need to use the captions as the cockney accents are a tad for me to understand. Finally a season 2, especially since I finished "House of Cards".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Nurse Jackie is good if anyone hasn't tried it. The episodes are less than 30 min and easy to come back to the next episode much later without losing or forgetting anything.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Nurse Jackie" is one of my all time favorite shows. I recently watched it a second time beginning to end in a weekend binge just because I missed it. It is an awesome show to binge!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
If you haven't watched West Wing lately, it really is a fun watch, sad to see how much things have not changed