TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 21, 2015 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the links, Kitt!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY KItt, I didnt know where to look, my friend was telling me about it

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Thank You!!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
One minute episodes for 16 weeks is going to be really hard to deal with but I subscribed so I should be informed of when they stick up a new episode.

Some of my friends are not too happy with the fear the walking dead. I know of number of people here also are not thrilled with the show. I will give it another season if the powers that be create another season. We got shown the herd of dead coming down the street that is a beginning. They do get all dramatic but you have to admit there was plenty of drama built by Rick. There are moments I refuse to watch again with him. For instance the whole phone thing. I could of done with out all that break down and drama.

I will wait for my email to tell me there is another webisode.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think we have a very forgiving memory where TWD is concerned. Thinking back they had a lot of complaints and lost viewers because Season 2 was said to be slow and boring. And Rick, Shane and Lori were a huge soap opera. A bunch of folks hated the Governor arc. Rick has been called out several times for over acting. My personal favorite was SPOILERS: when he shot Shane. "This is on you!! Not Me!!! This is YOU!!! Sob sob, wailing. Then out of no where Carl shows up points a gun at him and then shoots Shane? Oh and the fact that they have been walking and walking and walking to find the guy who escaped but they are just a field or two away from the farm house???

There is a lot of this in TWD, but it's our baby so we love it. I am sure that FTWD will become just as loved.. I hope.. however if they are gonna revolve around all of them being stuck on a boat... I'm out. :-)

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I liked the slow build up in FTWD. It made it more realistic for me. I would have liked to have seen a story-line from the first responders and military perspective... how was it being reported on the news... when did news reports cease... what did people do when the reality set in that you're not going to work, stores aren't open, etc... I would have liked to seen that... but I realize that not many others would have enjoyed it, especially considering many thought there was not enough zombie-action in this show.

I guess what I was looking forward to seeing was the unraveling of society. However fast or slow that would have been. When/where/how did the "flu" start? Maybe someone needs to create The Walking Dead: Origins.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Walking Dead Orgins.. from the CDC's point of few. That I would love.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
YES!!!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Lets just say I am a huge walking dead fan. I am giving the fear the walking dead the same equal time as I did the dead. Also I wasn't crying over Shane & Lori dying. I am so glad Rick found himself. This group needs to come to grip and I would love to see this break down from the others that are in the background. I actually thought that this is what the show would be.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I read an interesting idea the other day, what if this FearTWD group are actually forming a bad group, like some we've met on TWD? They do have the makings of going either way, with Maddie seemingly quite ruthless, Papa Salazar definitely able to do what needs to be done, and now Strand obviously being a bit dodgy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that would be interesting!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
maybe they are the wolves.......

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I did mention that Strand said, paraphrasing, something about insurance not protecting you from the wolf at the door. That was when he was in the jail cell. Food for thought. But I can't imagine Travis and Maddie becoming as screwed up as these wolves seem to be. It looks like they have to have been a bunch with a pretty nasty streak to begin with.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I wasn't too sure about this show after ep one even two, but it grew on me once I put any expectation that it would be like TWD out of my head and just watched it evolve. In my head of course I'm screaming pick up the gun you idiot, close the gate! But these people are virgins to what is happening. They have no idea of the magnitude of what's happened.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On today's TWD TD they announced Season Two would be back in "The Spring," and would be followed by Talking Dead each episode.

I'm guessing it will be mid April, as that's going to be when S6-B of TWD ends.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Just a note about the mini webseries. Some are saying nothing is happening. I disagree. First in the second one they show a man real sick across the aisle from the boy. Second right next to the boy a woman is knitting. I have mentioned how I think about how to protect myself from zombies. Well what best then a knitting needle lol. If you need something to protect your self there you go not the best tool yet available. This build up is way quicker than the show don't you think. You just have to be in the frame of thought of what you should notice.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think I'm going to save it until a bigger chunk is available. Or maybe even the whole thing, any idea how long the whole series is together?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Kitt it seemed like someone said around 5 or 6?? I would look through the thread I think it is mentioned. I have been sharing them on my Facebook page so I can watch them all over again at once.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Found it... 16 mini episodes, one in each new TWD show. So maybe (assuming the clips get longer not shorter) 15 mins total?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
any guesses WHO will be joining the Season 2 FtWD cast???

I'm guessing the teen-aged boy... but they may be too obvious.

Is there a place to watch them online, after they have aired?? I can find Ep1, but not Ep2.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I saw them over on AMC.com. Both one and two were there to view. I need to add a 1 to my 5 or 6 :-) My guess is the girl sitting near him. The boy would be my second guess they haven't really added too many people with air time.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Found it!!! Thanks!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and there is a woman in front of teenage boy that is acting sketchy.

The old Folgers coffee commercials had more action

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
You mean Taster's Choice!!! I LOVED those commercials.

I'm liking the slow build-up... makes it more suspenseful for me... since I know what is coming.

When does this take place? At the beginning of the FtWD? I'm assuming the first couple days since the airlines... and society... seem be functioning. I'm wondering, does the plane take off??? Or does everything happen while the plane is still on the ground...

How many days/weeks passed in FtWD??

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A timeline you say?! Well it just so happens my obsession with TWD timelines extended to FearTWD and I have started one, although I need to rewatch the last few episodes to finalise it.

The beginnings of the show happened in Days 1-4, then there is a gap, and it said nine days until the lights went out (lights went out on Day 3) so we skip to Day 12 and they have the compound and the army there. The rest of the season happens in around three days (that's the bit I need to check on).

So:

Craziness for three days, then the army moves in day 4.
Peace(ish) for eight days.
Things start going wrong again and by day 14 or 15 everything has gone to pot.

So the whole season took place during two weeks. I imagine commercial flights stopped on/before the army moved in, so in the first three days of the show.