TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 31, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through May 31, 2015 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
In the books she's four years older. No issue with sound here, not on any of the six viewings. Hee, hee....

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've been surprised at no upset over a pregnant woman drinking anywhere online. I know mead and beer were safer than drinking water back then, but a lot of people do not.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It wasn't that long ago that woman here in the US drank during pregnancy without a second thought. It wasn't the big deal in the 50s and 60s that it is now. The same goes for coffee and cigarettes.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 04, 2015 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Loving this show! Dreading what's coming, in a way. Was glad Jenny survived the birth.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gee,for those of us who haven't read the books, it would be nice to let the story unfold without knowing that there is something to dread on its way. Even though I have no idea what dreadful thing you're referring to, my happy expectations have plummeted.

Maybe there should be a thread for comments regarding the books and/or spoilers?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Jenny just had a baby, and is out riding a horse? Tough woman!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing. LOL

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
If anyone could, it would be Jenny - that hard head and stubbornness the Frasers are so well known for. :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I couldn't even sit down, much less ride a horse. lol.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Think about this -- no episiotomy + all natural should add up to faster recovery time.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wow, that was brutal! Intense.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 18, 2015 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I know everyone has been raving about Tobias's performance (and he is brilliant), but this episode belonged to Sam. His eyes, his face, every single emotion was exquisitely, eloquently portrayed, even though he actually had very few lines. That single tear nearly undid me. Next week will be even worse, but I expect we'll see even more of these actors tremendous abilities.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 18, 2015 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
While I love this show, the latest ep was just too brutal for me. I had nightmares. Had to google Tobias just to see him as a normal human being. Some pix of him relaxed and smiling helped.

The entire cast is a tour de force. And yes I agree, that Sam gave a nuanced performance.

I can't take much more of the violence on this show. So I will be switching channels whenever it gets too horrible, or just skip the ep altogether.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
There's only one more episode this season, Mame, and from what I've read, the final 5 minutes are absolutely, stunningly beautiful -- after much horror. The second season won't be nearly as violent as they're in France, making nice with Bonnie Prince Charlie in an effort to thwart his Culloden campaign. Claire works in a hospital and Jamie runs his uncle's wine business-- so still action, but not the violence we've seen these past two episodes. Reverberations and long-term effects of these events will be present, obviously, but while it's still a rollicking good adventure, I think series 2 will be more like the first half of the this season.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OK I trust your word. Will watch with my hand on the remote to change back and forth to a cheerier program if it's too intense. And maybe with the sound off. Seriously! Next season sounds more tolerable for me. xox

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like they're waiting en extra week before the final episode of this season....no episode this Saturday but there is an Outlander marathon starting Saturday afternoon.

The finale is scheduled for May 30.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks SFJF, since I'm in Canada and we get it on Sundays here, I'll have to be doubly vigilant on the sched. Chances are it will air here on the 31st.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
You'll definitely need the remote for the finale - might be better just to tune in for the final 5 minutes! LOL

I'm looking through DIA again, and while there is one rape (alleyway in Paris - not Claire or Jamie - but Claire is present and attacked), that's about the only sexual assault that I can think of. There are duels, there is action, Claire's work at the hospital will probably have some gore, but to me DIA was a book of political intrigue and relationships.

That said, DIA is the most emotionally assaulting books of all them IMHO. Jamie and Claire's relationship hits the heart so many times in so many ways -- it is one of my favorite books of the series, but it is also the one that has made my cry the most!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to this uber-emo season. :-) And thanks Teach. I do better forwarned about the icky stuff. I will Never get the image of Jaime's hand being nailed Ever out of my head. Stuff of nightmares. :-(

06-29-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Talking about the books shouldn't be done in this thread. If you'd like to talk about the books, please let us know and we'll create a new one.

This is the same standard we have all over TVCH. Thank you.

06-29-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
didn't mean to kill the discussion! :-)

If you want to discuss the book you can start a thread in the Library area and we'll post a link to it at the top of this thread.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
There was no new episode last week. So that's probably why no recent discussion. The finale is tonight, but I won't get to see it till tomorrow. I think it's the same for Canada, too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yup

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've been too busy re-watching all 15 episodes in prep for tonight's finale. I'll be ready to talk when all Canada has seen it.

It. Is. Amazing. Heatwrenching. Phenomenal.

But take Diana's advice -- put the book down. It is a horrifying and beautiful wrap up that covers the most important parts of the book, but it is an adaptation.

Sam should get All the Awards!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I just watched the season finale and agree with Teach - Mame, probably best if you only tune in for the final 5 or 10 minutes. Very violent episode, but also very gripping and had me on the edge of my seat.
I'm a watcher of this series, have not read any of the books. Does anyone know how many seasons there will be in total and/or when season 2 is scheduled to start?