TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 17, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Americans: Archive through March 17, 2016 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I am so far behind on this show! I need to get caught up!!

Mush

09-09-2002

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
This is the only show I watch when it's on instead of on the dvr later. So happy it's been renewed for another season!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I get all comfy in bad and start watching this show only to realize I need my glasses when the Russians speak and the captions appear on the screen. It is so true that you need to pay attention. The young lady who plays Paige is a very good actress which is evident even in the moments when the camera is on her and she has zero lines...........the facial expressions, her mannerisms. Yes a teenager but very astute and mature.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Any thoughts on the Season Finale. My guess is Paige's Preacher doesn't make it 10 minutes into the new Season.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You knew THAT was coming! I think 10 minutes is much too generous, Hskr - probably much sooner!

And I could have sworn that at the end of last week's episode, the previews of this week's season finale included a scene with Martha, but she was completely missing from last night's episode. I was disappointed she wasn't in it - very odd.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I was also disappointed that poor Martha wasn't in the episode. What's going to happen with Martha and Clark?

Yup, the Pastor is in trouble.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My recording cut off with Paige on the phone to the pastor and the main couple talking about Martha. Did anything happen right at the end?

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you didn't miss anything.
Paige on the phone with pastor outing her parents.
Phillip thinking its time to be done.
Elizabether thinking its time to double down (with Reagans Evil Empire Speech in the background)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Paige did tell the Pastor they were spies? Not just something vague about being upset? oh dear!

Thanks.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
She said they were spies or Russians. Something like that.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Thats why I said the Pastor doesn't make it 5 minutes into the new season....

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The new season starts in March, the commercial does not indicate the exact date.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the update. I can't wait.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I might spend some time re watching some of the last episodes. It seems like its been off for a longer than usual time period. By far one of my fave shows.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    

Finally they are back, especially since "American Crime" is finished and I polished off "House of Cards" . Set your DVR's for FX , 10:00 PM on 3/16/16,

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
DVR already set. Can't wait....

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
starts today!!!!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You're totally right, Marameko! The return of "The Americans" will definitely fill (nicely) the void left by "American Crime" on Wednesday nights. From one delicious"American" show to another delicious "American" show!

Mush

09-09-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I cut the cable cord months ago with my one regret being that I wouldn't be able to watch The Americans. A couple weeks ago I found that the TV in the gym gets cable, so I'm heading there now for an hour-long late night workout. Can't wait!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Hope you get to see it okay, Mush, because the season premiere did not disappoint. The Stan/Philip confrontation was especially tense. I'm sure all 13 episodes this season will be equally tense!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Like Mush, I cut out cable a month ago. I hadn't even considered the gym - great idea!

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
I was surprised 1) The Preacher made it past the first 5 minutes and 2) The Preacher didn't call the FBI. Maybe next week.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
one thought was maybe the preacher did call the police/fbi and is now acting as a plant to get more info from the daughter.

Mush

09-09-2002

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
oops -- double post

Mush

09-09-2002

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
The watch-at-the-gym plan worked perfectly -- glad this show is back!

Next week's episode is named "Pastor Tim", so the stuff should hit the fan then. If Martha felt guilty about Gene, can you imagine how Paige would feel if something bad happens to Pastor Tim after her parents find out about Paige telling him?

I like the idea that Pastor Tim is a plant -- it was a bit odd that he suggested that Paige pump her parent about details.