TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 04, 2016 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, that actor is very sexy... loved him on Extant and now on The Good Wife, so even if they kill him off here, you can pick up all that sexy goodness elsewhere.... :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and I dont understand why all the actors were so upset...I am assuming they didnt actually film the killing of whoever it will be that night, so why were they upset? I mean I get it was intense but the way the actors spoke about it made it seem like they all watched the brutal killing of one of their own

Im wondering if they even know who it will be or if the producers will decide over next few months

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Cableguy, for me that is why I find the concept of the show interesting and thought provoking. Life is all about compromise.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I did not find psychopath Negan sexy at all. Kept wishing one of those missles Daryll had in an earlier episode would have landed on Negan! For him to be so angry at Rick and his people for killing the idiots who were sent to kill them, is insane on so many levels! Now they are being punished for it?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's not Rick and it's not Carl, because he said if anyone cries he will feed the kid's other eye to his father. For that, they both have to be alive.

It's not Maggie because she could hardly stay upright, and whoever it was stayed up with the first blow.

From positioning I think it was Eugene. He also got a bit of a goodbye when he martyred himself with the RV, so that would also make sense, that they gave the character/actor that.

I wonder if the cast know. Obviously (I'd have thought??) each individual one of them knows if they are coming back because they'd have been told if they weren't in the next episode but I wonder if they know who of the others is dead.

And it's a weird thing with not knowing, because the actor who dies will have to do press after the first episode next season, six months time, when they've probably gone onto other things, instead of being able to get it all done now.

I didn't mind the Morgan and Carol thing, but I'm glad it's just those two.

I didn't feel disrespected at all by it being a cliffhanger (even though I did with Glenn and the dumpster, although I think they just miscalculated with that, it wasn't intentional), although obviously I'd rather have found out now.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I've never had a celebrity crush until I saw Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Grey's Anatomy, then Extant, then The Good Wife. I hope I can still crush on him after seeing him as Negan. He's so cute!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Carols story was horrid. I don't like what they did with her character..... I would have been ok with her dying tonight.

Yeah, JDM will be the most sexy bad guy yet.

One of the creators on the talking dead, said this episode wasn't about who died, but how broken Rick is now. They also said they will be making the premier so worth the wait.

And Rick really was broken. JDM alss said during the 15 hours of shooting that scene in the cold night air, the other actors were off camera giving him 150% acting for him.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, oh cool, I may have to start watching those shows!

I also heard on TD that we wont be able to figure out who it by where they were placed. He said he knew us fans would analyse it like a Zapruder film LMAO!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I could care less who was killed. Kill them all or don't kill them. No big deal.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They said it was hinted who it was, but purposely not clear. The big thing I saw was that Negan looked to the left when he told his gang to feed Carl's eye to Rick if anyone acted out, which makes me thing he's to the right of the line of people as he/we faced them. Carl was near that end, but I think Eugene was at the very end. Glenn and Daryl were at the other end.

But that might have purposely been misleading.

The Carl actor has said he doesn't know who it is, although he might be fibbing. I'd have thought if they went through all that horrific filming then they wouldn't make them do it again in six months, they'd have filmed the whole way through, filming everyone's individual reactions. And as the actors would react differently depending on who it was they'd need to know. Perhaps they only showed individual reactions on certain key players.

Just rambling.

So many people are hating the cliffhanger online. Don't people watch tv season finales?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching via TiVo and WOW, just WOW!! What an intense episode and I've got to hand it to those actors who made me feel like I was on my knees next to them. Gut wrenchingly intense is all I can think of saying.

And Kitt, on the TD, one of the guys alluded to TWD being on over the last 6-7 years and all I could think was that they haven't been following your timeline at TVCH.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
From what they are saying the actors still do not know who was killed. Filming for season 7 won't start until May so I figure they won't know until they get the script, which is only one to two days before filming starts.

I think the episode was amazing. The production and camera work was astounding. I get what they were saying, it was the breakdown of the group and of Rick. He was shattered. His acting was spot-on.

As for Carol, she was due for a breakdown. This is her time and she needs to heal. Still love her. And Morgan totally redeemed himself.

This whole season was about Rick and the core group, coming to ASZ, acting like they ruled the world, knew everything... they were the only ones who knew how to survive.. look how awesome they are.. they are gonna rescue everyone..kicking butt and taking names..They were the big fish in a little pond. Now their world just got a whole lot bigger and they got a whole lost smaller.

I love this show, I love the drama and the story telling. I was not disappointed. They told the story and it ended. Now we see how they come back.. because as Rick said "We get to come back", but I think it will be a long struggle.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Terolyn, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the show. What you shared is what I feel too. Great post!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I also heard on TD that we wont be able to figure out who it by where they were placed. He said he knew us fans would analyse it like a Zapruder film

At the same time, he also said that they did drop some clues...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Totally agree with everything Terolyn said!

I had to take a closer look at the eenie meenie miney mo. They played with the arrangement as we all saw, but on the first pass through Negan started with Rick, worked left through to Glenn, then shifted right to Sasha (who was next to Rick on his left) then right (from Negan's point of view) to Eugene. If you start his second round at Rick again and follow the pacing of his speech, ignoring the visuals, it has to be one of Glenn, Sasha, or Aaron, depending on how Negan grouped the longer lines of the poem. But of course it could all have been random.

Before I thought Negan looked to his left when he said about Carl and Rick, but he didn't really, he just flicked his eyes, and purposely didn't give too much away, directionally.

So now I think it's Glenn. They never showed his face during the eenies either, which might be significant. Also, thinking about it, when Glenn almost died under the dumpster he was extremely emotional about the viewer response, which would make more sense if he was thinking about leaving for real a bit later on. But tomorrow I'll probably have another theory.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it's Eugene. His story arc came to a clear end in last night's show. That's my best guess.

I have to admit, I felt like the scene with Negan was very drawn out... it seemed like they were trying to build to something, but maybe it was lost on me because I was already spoiled (and purposefully so).

I really loved seeing JDM on Talking Dead and that he and Norman Reedus are friends from before, what a fun insight into them!

I was thinking about why I still watch last night. And I guess it's mostly because of Talking Dead, because I see the juxtaposition between the characters and the actors who play them. It makes it all more interesting to me.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Why do I watch The Walking Dead (TWD)? I watch because I find it thought provoking. The thing that strikes me the most striking is that even though we complain about the control that the government/”law and order” has on our lives, the absence of same would cause our lives to become unsafe. The guarantee of relative safety in exchange for diminished freedoms appears to be well worth it. I would not want to live in a world where I was constantly in fear of losing what little I had…including my life and the lives of those I love. Also, since I am a bit of a history nerd, I wonder if some of the challenges encountered by Rick’s group are comparable to the struggles faced by many peoples over time, i.e. Dark Ages, feudal Europe, Aztec Empire, etc.

I was not thrilled with the way that the episode was presented because it seemed rather lazy. One glaring example was the “they are shooting at our feet” comment. This seemed to me to be a recycling of the Terminus ambush. I guess the writers must have liked that line and decided to use it again. Also, I get that this is a show that requires us to watch with a sense of suspended reality because it involves zombies, after all, but these people really seem to be devoid of common sense. I am sure that they care a lot about Maggie, but we are really expected to believe that they would risk not only their lives, but the lives of all of the Alexandrians for a pregnant woman?

I will watch again next season. This season I tended to dvr and watch the show a few days later. Next season, I may wait until the end of the season and watch all episodes in one session in order to condense the hype. As far as The Talking Dead goes, I have pretty much checked out on that. I find the host to be nauseating in his lack of objectivity.

For me, the show has jumped the shark.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Still love the show,,and I'm really going to enjoy watching JDM.....

But Monday be like......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fegdB-50jwI

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Rehtse, I agree somewhat about lazy but in a different way. Perhaps I am wrong but the time line seemed skewed. I couldn't figure out how Negan could have concocted such an elaborate plan, blocking all the roads, herding them thru the woods to the exact spot where they all waited, all without bringing down a herd of zombies upon their head, in such a short period of time.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, there is that, too. To stack up those logs they would have had to use some heavy equipment. Also, to arrange the zombie blockade would have required some time to accomplish not to mention great skill in order to outfit the zombies with gear from the captured members of the group.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I think it was poor Eugene. It did look like Negan motioned his head to his left when he made the eyeball comment, which caused me to feel like he was standing at Eugene's end of the line. It could have been Aaron as well, but Eugene had that "hero" moment w/ sentimental good-byes & thank-you's, so it sure felt like his swan song moment. Of course, I realize that all that could have been a fake-out.
Got to say, I'm totally dreading the Negan/Savior storyline next year. Nothing good can come from that.

But over in the east, Morgan finally cared enough about someone to kill! That was a big breakthrough moment for him. Maybe now he'll become the character I'd been looking forward to. And I'm very interested in learning about those new people. They felt like good guys... they made me think of knights in shining armor, complete w/ the horse. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was all into it being Eugene last night, for the reasons we've said, but on rewatching this morning it didn't seem so likely. Storywise I think he is a good option and Abe is a good option (because he finally found love). But Glenn would give himself and be happy to do it if it saved Maggie, so there is always that.

I was concerned that Aaron was there what seemed like unnecessarily, and it might be just so they could get rid of a lesser character rather than a big one, but I don't think they would have created all this hype if it were Aaron.

Yes, Morgan was perfect this episode, exactly what I wanted him to be when we were watching him follow the group.

The timing of the barricades... remember they knew exactly where Alexandria was (they even described it as 17.2 clicks away, so they had been doing some sort of planning) and were intending an attack or showdown in revenge for the deaths. I think before they'd said it was over two hours drive to the Hilltop, so they were travelling a lot of miles during the show, and all the Saviours had to do was set up the big blockades (the logs) in preparation, have scouts looking to see when people left, and then close in. Although they didn't know they'd be in the RV they had Daryl, Glenn, Michonne and Rosita, so they'd predict some of their strong people and probably their leader would come looking for them, so all they had to do was wait a while.

I liked that they emphasised that Negan didn't want to kill anyone, as they were more useful to him alive. I think that means next season we will see them dealing with being the underdogs, having to kowtow to Negan in order to survive, and hopefully somehow come out as victorious in some way????

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For me another great episode. Rick was the epitome of a broken man.
I think Negan killed Aaron.

I do think they care enough about Maggie to set off like that, they didn't think they had anything too much to worry about at the start. Then I think a little too much pride and bravado kept them going. And I think they would have had plenty of time to set up those blockades if they are watching them and know they have been to the Hilltop. They've known about them since they found the rocket launcher. And there seems to be enough of them to take care of any walkers while stacking the trees. I liked Scott Gimble's remark regarding Negan being in his own movie. He's like the Charlie Manson of the apocalypse with his followers. Amazing one person can control so many. He definitely thinks there should be punishment for killing his men. It's how he keeps people in line and shows outsiders them mean business. jmo. there is always going to be those that want what others have trying their best to whatever end to take it.

Re the Carol storyline, to me it is believable. At first I thought meh, but I think Sam's death was definitely the tipping point for her. Many of them have had this crisis, it's her turn. And like Rick says she gets to come back. Morgan will be pivotal I think in her rehab.

I for one will be rehashing this until next season. I will rewatch the whole season before then, perhaps even the whole series. I care for these characters and what happens to them. (lol maybe too much)

btw who are these new guys in the body armour?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think the death of Aaron would hit the group hard as he brought them to Alexandria. Darryl is close to him as well. My thinking is it might not be for some who the person was but the sheer brutality of it that will affect them rather than how their day to day was with that person. Negan shows them how it's going to be. I'm also thinking if Maggie doesn't get some help asap she is going to die.

Yes! Like knights in shining armour. I felt lie they stepped out of a video game.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
FYI, my choice for Negan would have Patrick Warburton. I could just hear his voice doing the eenie meenie miney moe...