TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 15, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Colony - on USA & Bravo (Canada): Archive through March 15, 2016 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
WOW... thanks for the great pictures SFJF!!! For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what they were looking at when they said "that's where they all went." I had the same thought process as you that they didn't have gasoline for cars which is why they rode bikes.

Those pictures are awesome!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yer welcome. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
#1 Will and partner dropped a map for the other redhats to find. The map was part of a plan to convince Snyder that the attacks are coordinated, and so they show the "found" map to him.

It's their rationale for keeping the underground tunnel open, so they can watch it and gather intel on the resistance. The same tunnel they plan on using to escape the Colony.

That's the best I understand it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, now they've killed that alien, they're in big trouble!!! "Our hosts" are not going to be happy about that. Snyder may lose his job--if not his head.

I kept trying to freeze my recording on the scenes in question. I did see the cars on the roof, but didn't spot the big piles of cars. Also had a hard time freezing on the alien, cause they flashed on it so quickly. Thanks for the screen caps, SFJF!

Can't wait till next week!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
oooohhhh thanks Karuuna!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... it sounds like I wasn't the only person having a hard time with those scenes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If the alien is dead..

Thanks for the pic of the piles of cars.. I thought there were crowds of people, which made less sense..

The daughter reading the alien propaganda, provided by the tutor/babysitter.. well that young woman was suspect in my mind basically immediately when she was provided to have the kids homeschooled (or the daughter) and then each week we'd see this provided tutor getting closer and closer to the daughter, becoming somewhat indispensable as the daughter's parents were more and more obsessed with fighting in different ways for this family they supposedly treasure so much.

How could they have missed this?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And what is going on with the art gallery in that woman's home? Are they procuring art for the aliens? I can't quite figure out what is going on, even though the wife has kept certain pieces off the inventory list (I'm guessing for her own collection).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was for her own collection and I think it was, but it sounds like she was withholding the special pieces FROM the aliens, since "the authority" (I think) proclaimed when he saw the Gaugin that even he knew it should be.. paraphrasing here, but essentially, up with the aliens.

Hmm.

So they wear faceless helmets and have metal three fingered hands (or that is their disguise) and, like the Nazis, hoard the good art? Oh and they have people working on the moon, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The one building with a partial sign.. my first thought is

LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER

That building could be a garage for the convention center, which seems to involve glass panels itself..

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 2:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Funny. I caught this show (like half way through) last week by chance and got sucked in when I recognized the guys from Lost, House, and CSI and was trying to figure out what it was. Tried to watch this week and realized if I want to watch it, I'm going to have to start from the beginning at some point.

Anyway, the funny part, I'm a Sci Fi fan. I've watched it and read it. Aliens coming to Earth for resources or to enslave/kill/whatever humans isn't new. But, I was totally thrown by the art. Why would aliens want with human art, even if it is expensive? What worth would it have for them? Water, minerals, food...I can understand that, but art? Then I figured since I had seen maybe an hour and a half of the show total I was probably missing something. Seeing you guys questioning it, I'm guessing I didn't miss something about that, but it's a mystery. So...why would aliens want human artwork?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Wargod, I've watched from the beginning and I never understand anything. I'm wondering if they sent the gallery owner to the 'factory'?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I've watched since the beginning and this was the first episode where I had a couple of questions (fortunately others had the same questions so I didn't feel stupid).

SFJF is a lean, mean picture-capturing, picture-posting machine

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
like the Nazis, hoard the good art?

Along the same line, their use of an eagle as a logo reminds me of the eagle used by the Nazis.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Who is on the show from HOUSE?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch House so I can't help you there.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking maybe the aliens are collectors. They go from planet to planet, subduing the population and taking bits of culture back for their collection. Kind of space archaeologists, perhaps.

I recognized Peter Jacobson from House and Josh Holloway from Lost (he's the main reason I started watching this show), but who is from CSI? We stopped watching those shows after several years. Just became too repetitive.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
PS. Wargod, you really do need to go back and watch this show from the beginning. It's a lot like Lost, lots of twists and turns you don't see coming. Enjoy!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
CSI - I believe it's the character called Quayle, the head of the resistance, and the one who turned on them, and got shot by Will.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks OG! Gadzooks, I recognized him, just couldn't place it. (Still not watching this show since I dropped it, but I do enjoy the discussion here. I get to follow the show - without the accompanying stress and anxiety.)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... he was the detective on CSI. I think his name was "Brass."

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL, I was gonna say I don't know his name on Colony, but he was Brass on CSI.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Lori from "Walking Dead" and Van Pelt from "The Mentalist" and Lilly Rush from "Cold Case" and Nathan Petrelli from "Heroes"!

This show is like a reunion for actors from a lot of my old favorite shows...most of which have been canceled for awhile.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 1:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot about Nathan from Heroes, totally missed Lilly from Cold Case, though she might not have been on the 1.5 episodes I've seen. Heh, I did check Colony on IMDB and also saw the mom (Kim Rhodes) from Suite Life of Zach and Cody is on Colony, too. Used to be Kota's favorite show when she was a whole lot younger.

I'm hoping they do a lot of reruns over their break. On Demand doesn't have the first 3 or 4 episodes, unless I want to pay for them. I'll keep checking for it though cuz it did have me sucked in, lol.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Wargod, I hope you are able to find the entire season somewhere so you can watch it. This show was definitely worth sticking with it. I like that we have answers in the first season; whereas with Lost (which I also loved) I was just as confused at the end of the series as I was in the first season.