TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BBC TV Shows: Archive through October 09, 2015 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The guide did say it was the first of 14 episodes. I'm never sure what PBS station is for what area. I get the two note above. SW IS KCTS9 Washington

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sherlock was fabulous last night, I really enjoyed it. Was it the beginning of the series? I haven't watched it before and it seems it was when he and Watson got together. It was great.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yes it was. I recall seeing the ending when it was on PBS a few years back.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6WrShqKGE

The bbc documentary about the Rape in India. powerful.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Broadchurch Season 2?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode but haven't caught up yet. Was there one more or two?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Terolyn, we have a thread....https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6465/13871696.html&lm=1425843636

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you guys see Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson was fired? I only watch an episode here and there, but I was still shocked.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I saw that Naja. I'llhave to get my sister's view on that she and her family love Top Gear.

Lately I have been addicted to Border Security. I'm not sure if it is on BBCUS, but it's on Canada, plus a couple of other stations. I just keep watching it. I can't believe some of these people.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I love Top Gear but Clarkson physically assaulted someone so not like it was even a close call at that point, he had to go. Will be interesting to see if they keep the other two or start over with whole new concept. My understanding is that the contracts for all three are up this month, bet the other two are not impressed that they could be hooped because of Clarksons behaviour.

BBC fires Clarkson

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I've read that the other two presenters don't want to do the show without him so they may re-boot the show with new hosts. It's one of the top performing BBC shows world-wide and the presenters were on a big tour. Don't know what will happen with the rest of the tour dates. Top Gear is one of the top BBC America shows. At least UK TV does well with keeping a show and re-casting leads. (Dr. Who anyone?)

Calamity

10-18-2001

Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I just saw that Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell premieres tonight on BBCA. I read the book when it came out & while it had its flaws, I'm curious how it translates to tv (especially all those footnotes).

I also saw there's going to be a tv version of Lev Grossman's Magicians trilogy. I've read those as well.

Ronk

03-03-2009

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronk a private message Print Post    
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell was good & creepy. Not Harry Potter Magic

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Graham Norton's new season starts this Saturday night.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I am watching and enjoying Monarch of the Glen on Netflix.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I LOVE Monarch of the Glen. Check out the character of Killwillie. He's played by Julian Fellows the creator and writer of Downton Abbey.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm watching "From Darkness" on BBC Iplayer. First show was tonight, and it's a psychological thriller. I believe there are 4 1-hour episodes. Excellent start, and it doesna' hurt at all that Rik Rankin is in it. :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
How do you watch on IPlayer Teach? Do you have the UK one?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Good question Jasper. I'd like to know also. They had reported that IPlayer from BBC was going to be available in the US but I forget the start date.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I used to have the IPlayer for it then they stopped supporting it. I'm in Canada though.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Ro, Killwillie is a riot. Julian Fellows plays the part so well.I particularly love the mother who is made to look ditzy but then really is on the mark most of the time just in a different way...funny funny show

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Glad I found it online. I think PBS never showed the last season of it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I use the Hola extension for Firefox. When not in use, I turn it off, but I've not had any viruses after 5 years of use.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Teach for the info. No Hola here though. I'll have to be patient for it to show up on PBS, Vision or BBC.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
What browser do you use? They have extensions for Chrome, too. (Probably for Explorer but I haven't use it in years). Safari hasn't got it, but I've read the Media Hint works for Safari if you're on a Mac.