TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through April 08, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Daydreamer, we had a whole conversation about the illness on the previous page. But as far as Chuck goes, I think we have been definitely been shown that it's all in Chuck's head.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Who is the woman that Mike was watching? His daughter? I'm wondering if she tipped the police off to his location? Can't wait for next week. This week's ep was kind of slow, but good set up for next week I hope.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was also thinking it was his daughter, Brenda.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think so too. I think in the Breaking Bad timeline he still didn't talk with the daughter, he just was given time with his grandchild.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
This show just gets better and better. For me, this was a just about perfect episode, with perfect character portrayals. Can hardly wait for the next episode.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think Mike had more lines in last night's show than he had the whole time he was on Breaking Bad....LOL

Really, that was incredible last night. So it was his DIL and not his actual daughter.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, very interesting episode. The only thing I was unsure about was the timeline. It seemed that (well it had to be really) the shooting of his son was in the past, the shooting of the two cops was quite recent, and he was talking to Saul in the Better Call Saul time frame. Yet the granddaughter was the same age as in Breaking Bad, six years later. Little bit of poetic license maybe.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The shooting of the 2 cops was less than a year after his son was killed. 8 months if I remember right? I think this was all in the "past". Mike has been in town at least long enough to heal up and get the job at the parking garage. So, not clear how long in the past -- maybe weeks, months, probably not years.

Have no idea about the age of the grand daughter. Maybe 3-5 now? And then 9-11 in Breaking Bad? I really wasn't paying attention.

Yes, good episode last night.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
That Matlock suit is a riot! I am really enjoying the series.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's some real life news of a Breaking Bad scene...

Breaking Bad creator begs fans to stop harassing elderly couple who live in Walter White's house by recreating the 'pizza throwing' scene

Breaking Bad' creator Vince Gilligan has chewed out fans who've thrown pizzas onto a New Mexico home so they can reenact a scene from the popular AMC series.

The Albuquerque residence in question was used as the exterior for protagonist Walter White's house.

<snip>

MORE:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2991003/Breaking-Bad-creator-tells-fans-stop-throwing-pizzas-roof-New-Mexico-home-used-Walter-White-s-house.html

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gee, these "eggs" went way over my head....but it's still fun reading about them after the fact.

Check it out:

'Better Call Saul' Plays Game of Easter Eggs With Audience

<snip>

But since premiering last month, "Saul" has emerged not only as TV's most beguiling tragicomedy, but also a favorite hunting ground for high-alert Easter eggheads.

Many of its buried clues link "Saul" to "Breaking Bad," the 2008-13 AMC series that introduced Jimmy McGill in a time frame six years after the starting point for "Saul." For instance, in the "Saul" premiere, Jimmy's car was revealed to be a 1998 Suzuki Esteem rattletrap parked in the Albuquerque courthouse alongside a Cadillac DeVille — a deliberate reference to the make of car he will drive years later on "Breaking Bad" in his alter ego as flush attorney Saul Goodman.

On another "Saul" occasion, a fleeting close-up of a letter to Jimmy displayed a home address on Juan Tabo Boulevard, which quick-witted viewers recalled as, years later, the residential street of nerdy chemist Gale Boetticher, lab assistant to Walter White ("Breaking Bad" star Bryan Cranston) in producing his top-notch crystal meth.

<snip>

More at the link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/call-saul-plays-game-easter-eggs-audience-29612647

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
JPi! I wish I'd seen that! I missed them all!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Mikes grand daughters age made sense either.
The actor that plays Mike just portrayed his Emmy nomination in this past episode. Great acting and episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"BCS Kaylee" seemed younger to me than "BB Kaylee", but not 6 years younger.

I couldn't find any online photos of the actress (Faith Healey) who plays Kaylee on BCS....but here are screenshots from the latest episode when Mike was pushing her on the swings and when she went to play in the sandbox:

kaylee1
kaylee2
(images from the latest episode)

I couldn't find better images of BCS Kaylee's face...but here's an image of BB Kaylee talking with Mike in a park on Breaking Bad:
kaylee
(image from http://www.optigrab.org/2013/09/the-top-50-best-breaking-bad-characters_24.html)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good idea to look at the actresses...Breaking Bad Kaylee is played by Kaija Bales who is 15 now and was in BB in 2010 and 2012, so at age 10 and 12 in real life. But because the entire series only went from Walter White's 50th birthday in 2008 or 2009 to his 52nd (and the last half of that was fast forwarded a lot) I guess she was meant to be 10 during that time period, 2009 or 2010 show timeframe.

Can't find any age info for Faith Healey but she looks 4 or 5 to me. BCS starts in 2002 so 4 in 2002 = 12ish in 2010. Bit of stretch but it's not actually as far off as I thought.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Good detective work Kitt!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Jimmy at the bingo center in his Matlock suit just slays me! The embezzling couple is driving me crazy! What did they do with the money, do we know?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Ahhhhhh, spoke too soon!!!! Money found!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I guess Chuck isn't the nice guy we thought he was. It broke my heart seeing what he did to Saul/Jimmy :-(

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And after Jimmy's been so dedicated to him all this time while he has his ~issues~. It was really cruel.

Nacho was back. I do like Nacho's face.

I wonder when he will become Saul. This season has been interesting but nothing much has really happened. I wonder if next week's finale will be the start of some big event that puts Jimmy on the run.

Or maybe simply he is so sad over his brother he just decides to drop the McGill name and start over new.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And that's how Saul Goodman came to be! :-)

What a great finale.

Something funny that happened tonight was during the show I said to DH "Bob Odenkirk is kind of handsome. He's like the poor man's Kevin Costner".

And within a minute of me saying that, the woman on the screen waking up Saul said "Hey! You are NOT Kevin Costner."

I had to pause the show until we finished laughing....LOL
This is such a bummer we have to wait a year for more shows. I feel like this season just started a couple weeks ago. I loved it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah it is a long wait after such a short season! Maybe as it's done well they'll start doing that split season thing next year with a half season in the spring and half in the summer.

Funny about Kevin Costner, Naja! I didn't see it before but I could see it when they said it.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Jimmy being betrayed by his brother was heartbreaking!

The "Kevin Costner" scam had me in stitches for sure!!

Can't wait to see how he arrives at his new name, Saul.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Yeah it is a long wait after such a short season!"

I found a clue that provides hope that the wait might not be quite as long as we assumed.

On IMDB.COM, the second season is already listed and it shows 13 episodes....it doesn't give the actual start date, but at the top of the page it says"

Next Episode (airs 2015)

Episode #2.1

At the bottom of the episode list, ep 13 has a "2016" next to it. So maybe it returns in the fall or winter of 2015? That's better than waiting until next February!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476/episodes?season=2&ref_=tt_eps_sn_2

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well that would be good!