TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Return of...The X-Files!: Archive through February 04, 2016 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Actually that's a good thought even without the sinister interpretation!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought I lost the thread because I never saw the movie, come to think of it, I have never seen it on TV either.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The funny thing is that I avoided this series when so many years ago was airing while my kids were watching so enthusiastically, and now it's me watching and sometimes I can see why I didn't watch in the past. Some nonsense is still too much for me but I don't deny that it has been entertaining so far. However, I don't like to see the two actors aged and not having the same chemistry of years ago.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think Scully has aged much, but Mulder is definitely showing his age - or rather he looks like the 55 year old he is whereas most of Hollywood have been nipped, tucked, filled or botoxed by that age. I still think they have chemistry, but it's more natural to where it should be, they love each other but know what they can't have in their lives. Or rather Scully does. But maybe that's all my projection.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
I love seeing the actors and characters together again looking like normal human beings do as they get older. Very entertaining episode, showed the heart of the show. Can't wait for next week.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So far I watched 2 episodes and I'll tape the next one. But scrolling the tv guide I discovered that the 2008 movie of the X-Files is going to be aired but on a French channel here in Canada, yep! I do watch that one too... not just the Italian, and so I programmed to record and see how both actors were in 2008, but that was so long ago.
Anyway, we'll keep watching... the truth is out there!

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
My favorite episode from the original series was the one with Michael Emerson - "Sunshine Days" where all he wanted was to be a part of the Brady Bunch family. It was sad and sweet and kind of tragic.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think Scully was botoxed to the max of no expression in her face. It did put me out of the moment staring at her unmoving forehead.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I saw an interview with her recently and she said her hair on X-Files is a wig, and she likes it because it pulls your skin back a bit and makes you smoother!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My favorite episode from the original series was the one where the family who had been inbreeding since the Civil War kept their mother under the bed.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Lexie, that was one my faves, too. It's called "Home".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_%28The_X-Files%29

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's the Tooms episodes that creeped me out the most, where he could fit through small holes and come out of your air vents. I doesn't help that the actor himself is so creepy looking.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Squeeze and Tooms were two of the most memorable. Just SO creepy! And Home was just out of this world gross. It's amazing to me it even aired back then!

That first season was SO good. Am so glad to have Mulder and Scully back, even if just for a short while.

And yes, I too see Hank Moody when I'm watching the show. Hard to separate him from that character now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, just watched the first hour, I am not normally paranoid but they sure did suck me in for that hour.

It's going to be a great series.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
As soon as I heard the name "William", I figured epi 2 would bore me & it did. But I'm really looking forward to the next show. "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster"?! The title even sounds like an Abbott & Costello monster flick.

"Squeeze" & "Tooms" were great but my favorites always were the more offbeat, often humorous, episodes. "Bad Blood" as has been mentioned, also "The Host" (also mentioned) sorta fits in that style too. "Small Potatoes", "Jose Chung", "Musings of a Cigarette-Smoking Man", and "Post-Modern Prometheus" too (although that last one is pretty disturbing if you think about it). I hope I got the epi titles correct. Of the really scary ones I think "Eve" & "Beyond the Sea" were especially good.

In the same way, I liked The Lone Gunmen spin-off but didn't care for Millennium.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Last night's epi was a true classic. Bit of a weak start but then, man, did it come together brilliantly. Not sure how well it played for newcomers to the series but for longtime fans, it was so clever...charming, even. Hilarious (in a "have to laugh or you'll cry" way) observations on human nature. Mulder's midlife crisis, Scully & the doggie, the Monster's little leap skip...I clapped at the end.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Calamity - I agree, it was an awesome episode. Loved Mulder's smile at the end.

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I am so enjoying being "taken back in time". Last night was the best so far, loved those funny scary ones!!!!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Just watched last night's episode. I see I'm not alone in enjoying a fun show. Loved the Aussie who played the monster. Here he is:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1055302/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Ophiliasgrandma - I love that guy, too. He was so sweet in the movie, Yes Man.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I am laughing so hard, Muller and the Animal Control guy screaming, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"When one checks into an establishment such as this, one expects the manager to be a peeping tom", LMAO.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"You're bat crap crazy" I am dying.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That was a great show! I loved the monster.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was such a fun episode! I'm so sad we only get a few more weeks of this.