TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 26, 2016 users admin

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
"War and Peace" starts tomorrow night on A&E, History Channel and Lifetime at 9:00 pm East Coast.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I feel awful. I erased my pvr recording of Colony's premier ep and DH hasn't seen it yet. Maybe I can find it online?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Shades of Blue is really good, better than I expected!

YES! And I think it's going to get even better. Cable quality show on NBC?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, try here:

http://www.usanetwork.com/colony

I think it's also on OnDemand.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche,

It re-airs on TV several more times! :-)

I found this (schedule for the premiere of Colony as of today Mon, Jan 18 at 1 am):

Be aware that the times and channel numbers may be different depending on your location and cable provider:

colony

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks SFJF, but being in Canada I don't get that channel. And the site won't let me access it. It's on the BRAVO cable network here and the good news is that I found a link to a vid of the ep on the Bravo site. http://www.bravo.ca/video/player?vid=774196

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh well...I tried! :-)

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I really like Shades of Blue too - am I the only one that remembers Ray Liotta from Another World?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I wasn't much into soaps except for As The World Turns. He was in a lot of good movies. And did a fantastic acting job in an episode of ER.

Mrstaz

07-20-2006

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mrstaz a private message Print Post    
Tvwatcher I remember Ray Liotta from Another World and George Clooney back when he was on Facts of Life.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
We watched first episode of Mercy Street. We really liked it. Thanks for the tip.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
The Magicians premieres tonight. I've read the books so expect to be disappointed but will try to keep an open mind.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Trying...trying...not succeeding...

Why can't they just tell the story from the books?

Maybe it'll work out. Maybe.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Watched Lucifer tonight because I couldn't find anything else to watch and was utterly surprised to find myself really enjoying it. :-) The main characters are terrific and the storyline is fun!

TV Watcher: I also remember Ray Liotta from Another World, slightly, because I wasn't a regular AW watcher at the time.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I like Lucifer a lot too....even though the premise is pretty much a formula.

I see it as being like Castle or Bones...some kind of "outsider" working with law enforcement. On Castle, Richard Castle is a goofy fun loving writer but works with a strong and serious female cop. On Bones, Agent Booth is a play-it-by-ear, tough FBI agent but works with a strong female, no nonsense scientist. On Forever, Henry was a funny, quirky, secretly immortal coroner who worked with a tough, no nonsense female cop.

On Lucifer, Lucifer is a fun and charming King of Hell who is starting to work with a strong and serious female cop.

This formula works for so many varied shows! It's a fun show. I'm all in.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Is anyone going to watch the outsiders on WGN tonight. I am curious about it. It is about a family clan who live on a mountain in Kentucky and it appears a mining company is trying to take over the land.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I taped Lucifer and I'm curious but if it ends up being more of a comic Lucifer... well...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Spunky, Lucifer Morningstar (his full name lol) is devilishly charming and irreverent, his personality being not unlike Richard Castle's. I'd say "Lucifer" has about the same balance of fun and drama as "Castle" does...or "Forever" did...at least in the premiere episode.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, I will have to try and catch Lucifer.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's a great 3 min trailer that gives a good idea of what this show is....but Warning: it does show 3 min of stuff from the premiere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bF_quwNtw

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am confused about The Magicians, can anyone help? I am hearing that it premieres tonight and sure enough I have 2 back to back episodes timed in. Problem is they are labelled as episode 2 and 3, what happened to 1??? I did some small amount of digging online and it seems the first episode aired back in mid December. Being in Canada, I can't watch it online so am I hooped as far as missing the first one? It doesn't seem to be available on iTunes either. Seeing how they keep announcing tonight's as the premiere, perhaps the December one was some special and not necessary to following the storyline? Thx!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I tried to find out what was up and then I realized you are in Canada.

The first 2 episodes (ep1 & ep2) aired here in the USA last night....and I see that both episodes re-air in the evening on Wednesday and Friday this week on SYFY. Then ep1 re-airs again this coming Saturday morning at 5am on SYFY. (Listings for the US)

I don't know if you get SYFY up there so I'm not sure this is any help.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Thx Sanfran! So the two episodes yet u watched were indeed number 1 and 2, even though they were labelled 2 and 3?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here they are labelled "Pilot" and "ep 2". And yes for sure they were the first 2 eps. No ep 3.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, the two episodes that aired last night here in the US were labeled 1 and 2 on my TIVO.

The titles were:

ep 1 - Unauthorized Magic
ep 2 - The Source of Magic

-----

Ep 3 doesn't air here until Monday, Feb 1.