TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 17, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 17, 2016 users admin

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I watched the special on Colony with previews and interviews with the cast and Carlton Cuse. It looks so good!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I've been bursting at the seams w/ excitement since I saw the first commercial for Colony! It looks like the kind of show that I tend to become invested in very quickly. I've been very happy at the thought of having Josh Holloway (especially since he has the scruffy Sawyer look again), and Sarah Wayne Callies (it'll be a little like Lori is still alive) on tv again. :-)

It looks like Josh & Sarah will be visiting The Talk tomorrow (Thursday).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Second Chances was pretty good tonight. Very exciting. I'll watch it again.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 1:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Second Chances. Just discovered it while channel surfing.Kitt if you know the lead actor personally. .. lucky you! :-)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
What is second chances about?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No I don't know him, I really don't! Just spoken to him online years ago in a ~make a witty comment to something he said and have a short exchange~ kind of way. And the dog thing, which was just random.

But I really enjoyed the show once it got going. Some of the twin acting at the beginning was a bit hammy but once it found it's humour I thought it was pretty unique.

Scoot, it's about an old Sheriff who is killed and is brought back in a young really strong body by some tech people who wanted something in his dna. Then I presume he's going to help solve crime with his detective son, who of course doesn't know it's his dad.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the son and his sister think he might be a half brother that they don't know. The son knows enough not to tell anyone but his sister about him. But, he's back with enormous strength and needs to regenerate back in the tank otherwise he rejects the change. That creates sort of a 'race' to get back so that he does not die. Pretty exciting. Hopefully, I'm not spoiling too much. This is the first time, in a long time, where the pilot of a new show was exciting to me.

I kept thinking the "techie" twin brother looked familiar. Then, I got it! He's the guy who played David Spades assistant on that show with all the couples. I can't think of the name of the show. A complete transformation to be sure.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I noticed Second Chances after it had started. I don't tend to watch Fox and I can't get American stations On Demand. It doesn't appear to have been picked up on a Canadian station. That said it is repeating on Saturday for those that want to catch it.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thank you everyone!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Scoots, here's the trailer for Second Chances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XfujuzhmCs

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked Colony enough to watch again but wasn't thrilled.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see Colony last night with josh holloway and the Rick's wife from Walking Dead? Great beginning but I think I would like Josh in anything!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I watched Colony and liked it. Josh has aged some, but still looks great, especially when he's all scuffed up.
I'll continue watching. The previews for the season looked intriguing.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think it's going to be interesting to see how it goes with his wife being in the resistance and him being hired to flush them out. And I too would just watch Josh standing there smiling for an hour.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dang! Missed it.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I watched Colony, but it's hard watching "Lori" in this. I kept confusing it with TWD...lol And I really didn't like Lori in TWD, so I'm having a hard time. I kept thinking, 'run away, Will, run fast, she's bad luck and the son that's on the Santa Monica side is probably Shane's!' Rofl

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Ha ha Blue! Too funny!

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I loved seeing Josh again, but it was kind of an underwhelming start.
Proxy Snyder looked too much like an evil Michael Scott.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow morning, Saturday, season 46 of "Sesame Street" premieres on HBO. I am recording it just because I can't believe Sesame Street is on HBO now....LOL

After reading up, the new eps will also be on PBS after several months.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I watched Colony and enjoyed it.
Josh is still pretty darn hot looking.

This is on the watch list!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Finally got to see it. Pretty good show. On my PVR list now.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Netflix announced some of their premiere dates, the biggest ones:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - April 15
Grace and Frankie - May 5
Orange is the New Black - June 17

http://tvline.com/2016/01/17/netflix-premiere-dates-2016-kimmy-schmidt-season-2-oitnb-season-4/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched my recording of Colony today - definitely DVR-worthy!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
There is a really good Wiki explaining Colony.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Shades of Blue is really good, better than I expected!