TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 14, 2016 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So at whom were Liz and Iris targeting their guns at the end?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, I'm sure they had to be shooring at the Countess and Donovan! A bit earlier Liz said to Iris something like, "We should take over this place". Looks like they're giving it the old college try!

Too bad we have to wait 3 weeks to see what happens. There are only three more eps of this season...and they air on Jan 6th, 13th , and the 20th.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks SFJ.

Something interesting I have to say is that last season and this season you feel like every ep at about this point should be the end, but then they shock you with more. I love it.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I liked this episode. One of my favorite little parts was when James March popped in quickly to tell the countess she shouldn't have killed Will in the hotel.

Iris and Liz, what a team! LOL

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I loved when they played I Hope You Dance. If anyone saw the movie The Family That Preyed, the song was in it, along with Kathy Bates. I thought it was such a cool little touch!!!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I didn't think you could kill vampires with bullets?

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
They are not what we think of as vampires. It is a virus. They can live forever and not age, but are not invincible. It was mentioned in an episode, cannot remember which one. But, I believe it was the Countess, said that they have to be careful, just like anyone else.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 2:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Cool, Thanks Carlpsmom. I guess I missed that or maybe just forgot.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
After the first couple of episodes I fell behind, but just finished catching up this past week during vacation time... nothing like a little American Horror Story for the holidays :-) I think this is my favorite season so far, but I haven't seen Coven yet. Liz Taylor might be my favorite character, but I think I must have missed why she still stays in the hotel when she doesn't have to? They've said the other people who have died there or have the vampire virus are trapped there, but she isn't, is she? So is it her fear of the outside that keeps her there, or something that I missed?

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I'm confused about which ghosts seem to come back. Sally is desperate for someone to be with. If the two rockers that she loved died in the hotel why aren't they there with her?
And also how is Sally even trapped there? Didn't she die outside the Drake?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I want to know that also.

Seems like last ep was finale. They wrapped up most storylines, not sure what else they will give us next week

I would love this season to end with Jessica Lange ringing the bell at the hotel checking in as a guest

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Pamy - that would be a great way to end it!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"not sure what else they will give us next week"

Well, here is the very short IMDB.COM description for the finale:

S5, Ep12
13 Jan. 2016
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Be Our Guest
Iris and Liz oversee a new era at the Cortez. John and Alex struggle to adapt to life outside the hotel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1844624/episodes?season=5&ref_=tt_eps_sn_5

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Scout, Sally jumped from a window and I'm not sure exactly where she landed outside the Hotel Cortez. I know they had to drag Donovan all the way past the curb and onto the street so he couldn't be trapped there.

As for the two rockers, that does seem a bit odd. We've also only seen a handful of James March's victims and he killed LOTS of folks in his "murder hotel".

I guess we could just assume that the two rockers might actually be in the hotel somewhere but they go out of their way to avoid Sally. :-) Or maybe they ALL might pop up for a reunion in next week's finale!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
anyone think Iris may have trapped her son there by bringing his ashes into the hotel?

TY for the info Sanfran!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I think it's the act of dying on the property itself that traps the spirit there....so his ashes shouldn't matter...unless there was till a flicker of life still left in him when Liz took him back in and cremated him in the incinerator.

Or maybe we'll get to see him again in a flashback. :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Forgot to add - I just looked at the last episode again and when Liz walked into the room and handed Iris the ashes, she said, "You did it", and Liz replied with a smile, "Big hotel, big furnace..."

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just a note about Sally. Sally was pushed out of the window on the alley side, not the street side. She landed next to the hotel garbage cans, so I think that's hotel property. There's even a sign there that says "No Parking, Private Property".

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Also, my understanding is if you die with unfinished business you are stuck in the hotel. If you don't have any unfinished business then you're "free".

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
That's what I've read a bunch of people saying, Rieann. I also thought about why we haven't seen Will's ghost yet. And where is his son?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought there was a scene with Will's ghost. I seem to remember that after he was killed he had a conversation with the Countess(I don't remember if that conversation was the same episode or a subsequent one). Later after the conversation they showed his decomposing body up in that walled off hallway.

Aha! I found this:

(it has some messed wording)

While Elizabeth testifies the false by denouncing his disappearance, Will makes his entrance in the penthouse wearing a stylish black suit and the man lies to the detectives, saying that he had lost in the corridors that they are renovating at the Cortez. The two spouses then have a discussion about whether Elizabeth had killed him and the woman threatens Lachlan's life [Drake's son], the current heir of the Drake fortune; Will, recently became a ghost, realizes Elizabeth's inclination to vampirism. Will's corspe is later found in the armored hallway by the group of bloodsuckers child[7]. "

And there was a quote between Will and the Countess (AKA Elizabeth):

Will (to Elizabeth): "You murdered me, you ."
Elizabeth: "Oh, get over it. You pissed me off."

http://americanhorrorstory.wikia.com/wiki/Will_Drake

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I think I remember hearing that about the "unfinished business", too. I would think everyone would have something that they would consider unfinished, though. But I guess it would explain why we aren't seeing many ghosts.

Of all the vampire shows, and different vampire rules, the ones on this show certainly seem to be the weakest ones ever.

I think Gaga does okay in her part, but I can't believe she won an award over Kathy Bates or Angela Bassett.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Thank you SanFran. The Xmas break made me forget!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Was there some sort of significance to the Sally and the psychic being played by the same actress? If there was, I missed it

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Billie Dean Howard was the character she played in the first season.