TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 13, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 13, 2016 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody watch the season 11 premiere of
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" last night on FXX?

I think that may be in my top 3 episodes for the show. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. It's got me in the mood to go find the original episode when they first played "Chardee MacDennis" and rewatch it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just caught the premiere ep of "Angel from Hell" on CBS with Jane Lynch and Maggie Lawson.

It was so cute. I loved it. Jane plays Maggie's nutty guardian angel.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I did too. It wasn't bad, but I'm not sold yet on it.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I am so anxious to see Colony this Thursday. They are having a special with behind the scenes and cast interviews tonight. Can't wait to see Josh Holloway again!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Me too, Scout! I have missed my Josh.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh and it's already on demand so I might have to watch it ahead of time.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Mamie - lucky you! I wish i had that option. I have so missed Sawyer and this show looks really good.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Second Chance starts tomorrow on Fox. Someone is killed and comes back to life in a younger super-body, and has to decide what to do with it. The main actor is an absolute sweetie in real life (and is very muscle bound in this but hates working out and loves eating) so I'm going to watch it even though the character is a bit odd for him.

I also excited for Colony. I'm kind of shocked it's taken "Sawyer" this long to get his own show.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Kitt - he had the show Intelligence but it didn't last very long.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you do recognize the star of Second Chance, right?

He is Robert Kazinsky, who played the sexy Macklyn Warlow / Ben Flynn on True Blood! link

Just reread your post....you sound like you know this actor. Are you holding out on us? :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's a reminder of who he was on True Blood:

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/ben-flynn

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not really, Sanfran :-). I followed him when he was a young actor in the UK, and spoke to him (directly) a few times on a chatboard. I also named his dog, well kind of! He asked his followers what to call her and he chose my name (which was Roxy, and to do with one of his soap storylines). But now I just follow his geeky stuff and lamentations about food on twitter.

I'd forgotten about "Sawyer" on Intelligence! It's funny how a promising career can sink when a new show doesn't work. Hopefully this will do better for him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
An "online" brush with fame, huh?

Okeedokee....if you say so.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No brushing ;).

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Kitt,
what about those two new shows... Lucifer.. and the new X-Files coming soon.

And the 100 is starting soon, finally!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch Shades of Blue last Thursday? Eight minutes in JLo is going at it with a young guy. Oh well, so much for that show. But I didn't turn it off. Happy I didn't. Plot got interesting. And there is Ray Liotta. I'll keep watching.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm not that crazy about police dramas but I tuned in for J Lo. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but more fascinated by her. The story line seems good, I'll give it another shot.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
It's on the DVR, and I haven't watched it yet, but Hubby did and said it was pretty good.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it, but I've watched every episode of Blue Bloods and was a huge fan of Hill Street Blues back in the day. (Not gonna' admit I watched CHiPs...nope, not gonna' say THAT! )

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Teach, Cagney & Lacey? First episode of that with Margot Kidder as Cagney was on an OTA channel here recently. But before that was a two hour episode with Loretta Swit as Cagney?! I never knew about anyone except Kidder and Sharon Gless in the role?!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think you mean Tyne Daly (not Margot Kidder).

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Did some digging on Cagney & Lacey.

According to IMDB, it looks like Tyne Daly always played Mary Beth Lacey. And Sharon Gless always played the role of Christine Cagney. At least, they are the ones listed for the series, and for the TV movies made after the series was cancelled.

So I did some more digging, and decided to Google, "Loretta Switt as Cagney." And came across a Widipedia entry. If you scroll down to the Television section, you'll find an entry on Cagney and Lacey. It reads: "In 1981, Swit played the "Christine Cagney" role in the movie pilot for the television series Cagney & Lacey, but was precluded by contractual obligations from continuing the role. Actress Meg Foster portrayed Cagney for the first six episodes of the television series, with Sharon Gless taking over the role from that point on."

There's also some interesting info on Wikipedia on the show Cagney & Lacey itself. Especially under the "Original Cast" section, and why Meg Foster was replaced in the series by Sharon Gless. Interesting too was the original take by the producers on who Christine Cagney was. I never thought of her that way when I watched the show back then.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Where I've said "Margot Kidder", should have said "Meg Foster". I usually get the names mixed in my head. I know who I'm talking about, but use wrong name. Have always been aware Meg played Cagney in the first number of episodes. Was not aware of Loretta Swit in the pilot TV movie.

As Who said, Tyne Daly has always played Mary Beth Lacey. Not confused about that.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Popping in to join Scout and Mamie in waiting for COLONY on USA.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It looks to violent for me, but might check it out to see SAWYER.