TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Making a Murderer (Netflix): Archive through January 08, 2016 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Maybe mods can move some posts over here?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Here is something new to add to this ongoing saga.

Investigation Discovery Refutes Netflix Docuseries

Quote:
“As the country’s most experienced true crime network, we feel compelled to address some critical details missing from the case as presented in the Netflix documentary,” said Henry Schleiff, group president of Investigation Discovery, American Heroes Channel and Destination America, in announcing the project today at TCA. He added that ID will air a “special edition” of Front Page “to provide critical, crucial evidence and testimony that will answer many questions surrounding Steven Avery.”

Front Page will air at the end of the month. Dateline correspondent Keith Morrison will host this special.

I read about the following yesterday in an article about the woman who accused Avery of rape. She stated the producers of the Netflix series asked her to be part of it but she refused because she wasn't sure he was innocent. She stated this:

Quote:
Meanwhile, when asked why she did not speak with the producers of the Netflix documentary, she said; 'They were very convinced that he was innocent. I was not convinced.'

This was in the Daily Mail yesterday. So much for the producers going in with an open mind as they've stated in interviews.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, more and more comes out about what they left out, and what a scumbag this guy is.

And a new juror has come out refuting what the story that jurors were bargaining and pressured to vote a certain way.

He even threatened to kill the mother of his children. Guess you won't hear about that from Netflix either.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was in the Netflix doc, Karuuna.

eta: he threatened her while he was in prison.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. I"m surprised, given how they left out 2 rapes, holding a gun to his cousin's head, masturbating on her car hood, molesting other family members, and they glossed over the incident with a cat - letting him act like it was an accident.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Would someone mind showing me where these 2 other rapes they left out are mentioned?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I posted the link in the original thread, days ago.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, I looked back and couldn't find it and didn't want to read every single one of them. But thank you for your help.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
All I can find is you saying saying it. I can't find the articles saying it. I have no idea why you are so hostile.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nevermind, I found an article in a search. I thought you meant he was convicted of these things, but it was all alleged.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have no idea why you think I'm being hostile. It's the way you are reading it, unfortunately. I'm just being matter of fact!

I just spent somet ime looking for the *original* source for you, in fact. It was the PostCrescent, the local paper, but I haven't found that article yet.

What I did find, is that he had settled the "$36 million" lawsuit for $400,000 in 2006 so he could post bail in the murder case.

Why did he settle for such a small amount?

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/steven-avery/2016/01/07/avery-settles-36m-civil-lawsuit/78437030/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's the Daily News quoting the Post Crescent:

The docuseries mentioned Avery once held his female cousin at gunpoint, but the list of violence apparently didn’t end there.

The now-53-year-old allegedly raped a young girl and threatened to kill her family if they spoke out, according to a story by the Appleton Post Crescent.

Another older woman told to keep quiet also accused Avery of rape, according to the paper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/evidence-s-missing-making-murderer-article-1.2485213

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You seem to be wanting to prove him guilty to me and others when that's not even the point to me. The point was how the investigation and trial were handled. He deserves a retrial in my opinion.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I watched that special on ID Discovery and I'm even angrier about that police department. They knew within one month after Steven Avery was convicted of rape that he didn't do it but left him in jail, leaving the "real" rapist continue raping women. The police are the ones responsible for that. And if people believe that Steven Avery killed teresa, then the police are responsible for that too. If they had let Avery out right when they knew he was innocent, he would've been in a completely different place in his life. That show just proved to me how crooked those police really are.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Exactly naja.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, here it is!

This story was printed in 2006, it details the *original* court documents filed in the murder case, including two *sworn* affidavits of other women raped by Avery.

The filings also include statements from a woman, now 41, who said she was raped by Avery, who told her "if she yelled or screamed there was going to be trouble."

There also is an affidavit from a girl who said she was raped by Avery.

"The victim's mother indicated that the victim does not want to speak about the sexual assault between her and Steven Avery because Steven Avery told her if she 'told anyone about their activities together he would kill her family,'" the filing said.

The affidavit said Avery admitted to his fiancee that he had sexually assaulted the girl.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/steven-avery/2016/01/07/da-says-avery-planned-torture/78437876/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ranger, the man is a psychopath. He has a long history of violence.

If anything those 18 years in prison *kept* him from committing other crimes.

But yeah, let's let him out. Then when he kills someone else we'll have proof.

Naja - they are sworn affidavits. As are the other acts of violence. You think they are are all in on this conspiracy? Really?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The point was how the investigation and trial were handled.

That may be your point. But mine has also been that Avery is not some poor victim. He has a history of violence, and people on the internet are acting like he's pure as the driven snow. It's insane.

And no, I don't think theink he needs a new trial I have posted repeatedly that Netflix omitted crucial information, and distorted other evidence. He's guilty.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
And just let another known rapist stay out there and continue to rape other women while Avery sits in jail for a crime you committed. Sorry...I don't think it's right for anyone to sit in jail for a crime they did NOT commit. Especially when the people who put you there know you're innocent.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ranger, I don't think that's right either.

But I most assuredly don't believe that somehow magically this psychopath's life would have been any different! Read that article and his long history of violence!

He did commit this murder, I firmly believe it. However innocent he might have been of that rape. Even his uncle, who is a local police officer, thinks he did it.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
You're right his life may have not been different. He probably would've committed other crimes and been in jail for something else. And if that were the case, he probably never would've crossed paths with Teresa halbough.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, he would have raped or murdered someone else. Or how many someone else's before he got caught?

My point is that this guy is not deserving of concern, sympathy, or hundreds of thousands of signatures asking the *President* to PARDON him. (not for a new trial).

Aside from the fact that the President has no jurisdiction in a state matter, if people are truly concerned about the innocent being wrongly prosecuted, they should send a donation to the innocent project.

The same people that got him freed the first time, and that are staying miles away from THIS case. Because he's guilty.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched that special on ID Discovery

I'm confused. The article says it won't be released until the end of the month (January), so how have you watched it already?

I checked Front Page on On Demand, and it isn't there yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think she means the special right now on ID. It's called "Killer in the Making: Steven Avery". I'll post the path to it for comcast on-demand.

ON-demand main> Tv shows> by Network>
ID Discovery> New on ID> Steven Avery (all the way at the bottom)

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Still, have 1.5 episodes to go. Yes, documentary biased towards Steven Avery . I don't know if he is guilty of THIS crime or not. However, if one watches this documentary, I would hope at least a majority would believe he deserves a new trial. So much so wrong.....none of that part biased.