TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 04, 2016 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Grandfathered was cute. The Grinder was really funny.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch much of Grinder. Gave up after 'bout 10 minutes. Enjoyed Grandfathered. Like the cast. Also like the California scenery. Been there once in '60. I'll keep watching.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Grandfathered, Grinder and Life in pieces

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched the cutest new show on IFC called
Gigi Does It

It's a comedy about a 76 year old Jewish woman who finds out she inherited several million dollars from her dead husband. And the fun begins.

The funny thing is, David Krumholtz plays the old woman....LoL
Poor guy must be sweating under all that costume. He said he based the character on his own grandma. The first 2 EPs are in ondemand.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have to mention that if you watch "Gigi Does It" from ondemand, watch the 101 ep before you watch the watch 100 ep. It makes no sense watching them in the numbered order. Watch 101, then 100.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Of all the new shows Blindspot seems the one to get better in each new episode, while others like Quantico and Minority Report are getting less interesting. Blood and Oil totally scratched from my list and so is Code Black.

The only thing that bugs me in Blindspot is the lead actor, he's attractive enough but the way he speaks sounds a lot like he just came out of the dental chair with his teeth still freezing... funny that.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
really? Blindspot put me to sleep yesterday, ok, not a hard thing to do when I am sitting on the couch, but still, I just found the show irritating for some unknown reason. Did they find out if she were the friend, I missed the end
zzzzzzzz

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes she is the missing friend. I like the show. Minority Report, I can take it or leave it. I will probably get jumped on here, but could Vega wear her clothes any tighter. :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I love Blindspot. It keeps me jumping throughout the show. I was shocked when that guy got killed so early on in the episode.

Spunky, it might be that Sullivan (the actor playing Kurt) is Australian and he is speaking with an American accent.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That's the funniest accent ever, he should move his mouth a big more when speaking and he won't sound as if his teeth are still frozen... :-)

I too got mad seeing the fellow shot dead, he was the only guy I liked and boom, he's dead. Well, at least he had enough time to warn her not to trust the FBI and now we know why!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I gave up on Minority Report, I liked the main guy but it seemed like it was going to be he same thing week after week.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
Lol...I thought I was the only one who found that Kurt's speech makes it hard for me to understand. I wear hearing aides and lip read but his face shows no expression. He looks constipated. Always frowning and mouth not moving. I miss a lot of what he is saying.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I keep seeing a promo for a new show titled Wicked City that appears to be about a couple who enjoy killing together. Am I the only one having a bad reaction to this premise?

Yes, I have seen some brilliant movies about serial killers - Silence of the Lambs comes to mind - but I have never ever wanted to watch them beyond the first time.

Yes, I love Criminal Minds which usually features cases about serial killers but the focus is more on how the team profiles and solves the cases rather than making the killers two of the main stars of the show.

I'm passing on this sight unseen.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Supergirl premiering tonight... I never knew Superman had this cousin or any other relative... will have to watch the first episode just to see what all the fuss is about this show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Erika Christensen, Julia in Parenthood, is in Wicked City. I'll at least try it for that reason.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Wicked City is supposed to be an anthology. Each season will focus on a new case set in a different era in Los Angeles. Sounds like the way American Horror Story is set up, only with true crime stories instead of horror.

Wicked City (TV series)

<snip>

It was first reported in September 2014 that the American Broadcasting Company network was developing a true crime anthology series created by Steven Baigelman, and executive produced by Baigelman with Laurie Zaks, Todd Lieberman, and David Hoberman of Mandeville Films.[15] The project was described as "a character-driven, true crime procedural that explores sex, politics and popular culture across various noteworthy eras in L.A. history."[16] On January 23, 2015, it was announced that ABC had given the project a pilot order.[17] The original pilot, then titled L.A. Crime, was directed by Tom Shankland.[18]

<snip>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_City_(TV_series)

Looks intriguing to me. I'm all in. And I am curious to see "Julia" (Erika Christensen) playing a psycho serial killer! :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seems that kind of thing may be the wave tof the future ala AHS and Fargo. I like it. I liked Ed WestWick from Gossip Girl. He's so sexy and British too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For anyone that is a fan of the Evil Dead movies, the new series
"Ash VS Evil Dead" premieres Saturday night, Halloween, on STARZ.

https://www.starz.com/originals/ashvsevildead/

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Ash vs Evil Dead is listed on my TIVO schedule to air "tonight" at 12:17 am (Friday night/Saturday morning) I've been thinking the schedule is wrong, but I'll know for sure in about an hour and a half.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like Starz has high hopes for Ash vs Evil Dead....they've already renewed it for season 2 even though the premiere of season 1 hasn't aired yet! :-)

I've been looking forward to this one...hope it lives up to the hype.

Starz Renews ‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’ Before Series Premiere In Latest Example Of ‘Early Renewal’ Fever

http://www.ibtimes.com/starz-renews-ash-vs-evil-dead-series-premiere-latest-example-early-renewal-fever-2163371

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't mention that first odd hour showing since it was at such a strange time and so late, I thought it may be a mistake, whereas Saturday's showing for sure is no mistake.

I did check and it recorded the premiere tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've started wartching this new show on STARZ called
Flesh and Bone.

They have released all the eps at once in on-demand and online.

https://www.starz.com/originals/fleshandbone/featured

It's a very dark drama revolving around ballerina "Claire". It's really good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I want to point out exactly how dark the show "Flesh and Bone" is that I posted above.

Some of the dark dramas on the show concern incest, drug abuse, human slave trafficking, eating disorders, and more. It's a very dark disturbing show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 01, 2016 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody has Showtime, the premieres of "Shameless" and "Billions" are already in on demand a little early.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A timetable for January's premiere dates is here:

https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/jan-calendar-2016-r3.jpg

from the nice people at tvline.com http://tvline.com/2015/12/18/tv-calendar-2016-january-premiere-dates-finales/