TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: Archive through January 07, 2016 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think the title was Manners of Downton Abby. I just looked and could not find any more showings of it. Sorry. It was very interesting.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tonight!!!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Yay!!!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Ready! So ready!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
So nice to watch them again. :-)

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes, so happy to see them all again! And The Dowager Countess is still a pip!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I loved the episode but did anyone else feel as if the writer crammed too many stories in. I guess they have a lot to finish.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I was thrilled when Anna and Bates were finally vindicated. Now, please, Mr. Fellows, allow Anna to have a baby.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OG, I was thinking the same thing! Maybe the reason she's having difficult conceiving is due to the stress they've been under. Maybe now she'll have better luck. And thank you, Mr. Fellowes, for letting that dismal storyline finally be over!

So lovely to see all of them again, but everything seems especially emotional this season, since we all know they're going to be gone soon. So sweet to see Thomas taking such an interest in the children. How cute was it seeing him give Marigold a piggyback ride?

This is going to be a teary season.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
I will make a prediction...Lady Edith seemed to admire Daisy's spunk and that she had her own opinion. I believe Edith will hire Daisy to work with her at the paper/magazine.

I just hope we see Edith very successful and happy and it brings Lady Mary down a notch or two.

I also predict Anna will be pregnant when the season ends.

Nothing to base this on...just my thoughts

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've already seen season 6 but I wanted to point out something that isn't a spoiler, but just a sign of the changing times.

Remember when photos were taken in past seasons and how serious everyone looked in them? Be sure to pay attention to photos being taken this season. It's so different!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that tip Naja! I will be watching for that!

I am also hoping for a baby for Anna and a happy ending for Edith! Mary already seems a bit jealous over Edith's new ventures!

Boberg- wouldn't that be great if Edith did take Daisy?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm still waiting for Edith to acknowledge that Marigold is her daughter.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The best scene, hands down, in that season premiere was the Dowager Countess hurling that verbal lightning bolt on Denker's noggin after Spratt reported Denker spilling the beans about the staff reductions.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
I liked the Dowager describing the 1860's lady of the house, of the next-door estate that was being auctioned off: "She stuffed the house with royalty. They used to say she was addicted to curtseying."

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Violet got off a classic zinger at Isobel, when I had stopped by for a bit. Can't for the life of me remember what it was, but Maggie always gets the best lines! And delivers them as only Maggie can. Love her!!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here is the movie for which Maggie won her best actress Oscar. I've been smitten with her ever since. If you've never seen it please check to see if your library has a copy. Our library system has 8 copies.

The Prime Of Miss Jean Brody
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064840/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Csnog

07-18-2002

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Always had a soft spot for Edith as I thought she grew more than Mary.
Mary was and is stuck in her ways, while Edith lived. Edith was the neglected one, yet still took chances and worked. She learned to drive, cared for the injured during the war, took a job as a writer against her fathers wishes, had an affair, and kept the child as best she could during that time period.
I think the writer wrote her that way all the while making Mary a somewhat spoiled brat.
Mary still has growing up too do, but it was Tom who brought Mary into a world of work of directing the estate, and that was only after a year of grief over Matthew.

The writer gave us love stories with the older group which was something I liked. Most writers neglect the oldsters except for meddling.

Daisy would never speak that way, during that time period. The writer simply took it upon himself too interject that.

Thomas is going where? He is, but we don't know quite yet.

The Anna and Bates crap storyline went on for years, and I was moaning each and every season to get it OVER with. Nothing made me well with tears more than seeing them as the true love story when they looked at each other. Call me sentimental, but they were great together on screen.

We went from 1912 to 1925.
Now we have to wrap up this family in one season, and make all of us happy.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
OG - I haven't seen that movie in such a long time. I didn't even remember it was Maggie Smith. I definitely will have to watch that again. I have never seen her in any role that I didn't think she was amazing.

Csnog - I feel the same way about Edith. She was so neglected and the awful comments her parents used to make about her taking care of them in their old age were so mean. I think she has really grown so much.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Edith black sheep of the family is my favourite character.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I will never forgive Edith for ratting her sister Mary out to (was it the Indian government?) over the death of Mr. Parmut. That was really awful, no matter what Mary's ever done to her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Pamuk was Turkish, and Edith wrote to the Turkish Embassy in London to snitch on Mary. Yep, that was a horrible deed, but I find Mary much more cruel.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Frankly I forgot she'd snitched. But it wasn't out of a vacuum, but in retaliation for a lifetime of being on the end of Mary's cruel barbs, which hasn't stopped.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I thought Mary kind of deserved it.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
For every act of cruelty Edith has directed at Mary, the latter has directed at least 10 of them at Edith. And that's just a lowball estimate!