TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 31, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through December 31, 2015 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
you truly must watch West Wing!

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Watched all of River (six one hour episodes) in one day earlier this week... it's really good. It's a BBC police show set in London, but with a twist... the detective either has a sort of supernatural gift/curse or (more likely) some mental health issues, it's up to you to decide. Either way it's very interesting and very human about all of the unresolved issues death leaves people to deal with, things left undone and unsaid, and how much we don't know about the people we think we know. Stellan Skarsgard was really good and deserves some kind of award just for the final scene. Loved it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I tried Rectify again. Still not for me for same reasons.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I've added "Mississippi Grind" to my Netflix queue. Thanks for the tip!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I will have to do the same

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Making a Murderer is not good for my blood pressure!

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I watched "Making a Murderer". It was a series I could not binge watch. I had to take a break every few episodes. I would get so upset I had to turn it off. I especially felt for Brendan. I still remember what Steven did to the cat. So I don't have as much sympathy for him as Brendan.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I lived in Green Bay when Teresa was murdered in Manitowac. She was also from the Green Bay area. He murdered her. He is not innocent.

Shame on Netflix for even suggesting the police did wrong in her case.

WI Prosecutor says Netflix Omitted Key Evidence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Avery

Steven Avery's History

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am only halfway through and honestly don't know whether I think Avery is guilty or not but at this point I have some serious concerns,

1) both Avery and his nephew have very low IQ's. Avery is reportedly at 70 and his nephew btn 69-73. So when they try to paint Avery as this criminal mastermind, sending obscure messages to his nephew through the media...I don't buy it for a second,
2) the nephews confession is painful to watch and seems 100% coerced. whether or not Avery is guilty, I cannot see the nephew being involved. Why did the authorities work so hard to get a false confession out of him if they were so certain they had the goods on Avery?
3) they arrested averys girlfriend 3 times in a month? And the interviews seem to show the whole purpose was to get her to turn on Avery since her phone calls to him on the day of the murder give him at least a partial alibi.
4) I am not one for conspiracies but when the sheriff says he cannot remember anything specific about a deposition in what has to be one the biggest dramas in his career? Then I gotta take everything else he says with a healthy dose of disbelief.
5) that key was found out in the open, yet took repeatedly searches to be found?
6) the blood is interesting since the police claim it came from a cut on his finger (that's the only injury he had at the time) but, as was stated, there were no fingerprints in the car, so was he wearing gloves (in which case there would be no blood) or not (in which case, where are the prints?)

So, as I began... I don't know if Avery is guilty is guilty or not but I sure see a lot of issues with the investigation,

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Cricket I am not saying he is innocent..but I don't think the state proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
My main question is where is all of the blood

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lake gal me too

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, but I don't buy anything the Prosecuting Attorney says.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the ex boyfriend of the victim was suspicious. The police never even asked him for an alibi, and they didn't think it was odd that he hacked her phone. Plus they just believed him that he didn't alter her phone messages.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Scooterrific, thanks for the recommendation for Rectify. Just started watching the third episode of Season 1

Lakecat, I am also putting Mississippi Grind on my list too.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Naja right?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I was suspicious of the ex-boyfriend and wondered why they didn't question him more too. I guess the Prosecuting Attorney and everyone else just had their minds set on convicting Avery. He was their guy and nothing was going to change their mind.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
One of the pieces of evidence that wasn't shown in the documentary is that her phone was found on his property with the burned bones. I read an article highlighting all the things they did not show on the show that was in evidence.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
This website documents the case pretty well. Avery's nephew told what happened. It was horrifying. I have a hard time buying Avery has that low an IQ when he helped run his family business.

http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f249/video-teresa-halbach-murder-case-156087/

Quote:
In what can only be described as disturbing, the 16 year old nephew of Steven Avery, Brendan Dassey, has also been charged in the murder of Teresa Halabach. The nature of this crime defies belief.

In chilling detail he explains how Dassey returned home from school and walked over to his uncle’s trailer house to deliver some mail.

According to the complaint, Dassey heard a woman screaming while he was still several hundred feet away from the trailer, the screams got louder as he approached the door and knocked.

The complaint states that his uncle, Steven Avery answered the door, partially clothed and sweating.

Avery then allegedly asked Dassey to participate in a sexual encounter and led the boy to his bedroom where Theresa Halbach was naked and shackled to the bed.

In the complaint Dassey says Halbach pleaded for her life.

And to think this person, Steven Avery, was let out of prison because he was falsely imprisoned? Maybe it was just a hunch. In what can only be described as just an ungodly act, Steven Avery congratulates his nephew and then tells him how he will murder Teresa Halbach.

"During the rape, Teresa is begging for help, begging 16 year old Brendan to stop that you can stop this. After the sexual assault is completed, Steven Avery tells Brendan what a good job he did, takes Brendan into the other room and now describes for Brendan his intent to murder Teresa Halbach," explains Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz.

This case was on the news nightly as it broke. It was horrible. I remember reading the above in the newspaper and seeing it on TV like it was yesterday. I have zero doubt of this guy's guilt in Teresa Halbach's murder.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Cricket, have you watched the series? Because they show several actual videos of Brandons 'confessions' and the reality was very different than the way the prosecution made it sound. As i said, i am not decided on Averys guilt but I have great doubt that the nephew was involved in any way whatsover.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The confession was coerced, completely. The documentary did contain the info about the phone, so I'm not sure why an article says it's not. There was not a speck of blood anywhere near where the boy said the bloody murder happened. Not a speck.

The documentary is 8 hours long. I hope these guys get new trials.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, and the fact that Avery's vial of blood from the first trial had been tampered with, and the only ones who had access to it were the cops who hated him for the lawsuit that was pending, well there's your reasonable doubt right there.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
The Brendan confession was ridiculous. They wanted him to say she had been shot in the head. They kept trying to get him to say it. He didn't know what they meant. They asked what was done to her head. He even said "cut her hair?" They had to finally tell him she was shot in the head to get him to say it. All he wanted to do was get back to school by 1:30 to finish his project. It was very sad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another interesting thing I thought the documentary shows was how the cops and the prosecution during their press conferences would tell complete fabrications to the public. So the public was turned against Avery and his nephew on fabrications, and by the time the truths came out, the public had already decided that the fabrications were the truth.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Scooterrific, I just watched almost five complete episodes of Rectify and decided to give up. It dragged on and on way to long. Got bored to death with it. Maybe I'll go back and watch the six episode, but not tonight.