TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 30, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through December 30, 2015 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just finished it.

Len Kachinsky

Lakecat, whose wife?

It all happened in the Manitowoc, WI area. I'm in the Chicago 'burbs. My former boss whom I'm having lunch with Tuesday was an investigator for county prosecutors in the mid '80s. He was one of the first on a murder scene which became a high-profile case. I think he'd find this series interesting.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Steven Averys wife.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Rectify?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I haven't yet Scooter. Is it good?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, IIRC, no, didn't interview his wife. My memory is sooo short. The divorce was brought up in first or second episode. Steven is currently in second relationship after divorce.

At first I gave up on the series during episode 1. Went back to it the next day and finished the series. Try again, Lakecat?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
A while ago I watched app. first 6 episodes of Rectify. Then quit. Writing, directing, something like that wasn't for me.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I watched Rectify. Loved it. It is mesmerizing. I love the way that they build the characters. Loads of depth.

I imagine that some people might find it a bit slow if they prefer something action-packed.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I am not into a.c.t.i.o.n. Much more into characters. Something about rectify didn't work for me. I quit it a few months ago. Maybe I'll try again?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I'm glad I watched the whole series of "Making A Murderer", but certainly can understand your apprehension.

It was so frustrating watching the Manitowoc police get away with all of their own deception; seeing the Prosecuting Attorney act so smug during the proceedings; and then hearing the judge constantly deny motions Steven's attorneys put forth.

The whole case was so lopsided and unfair. The only bright spot is when the Prosecuting Attorney got caught in his own trouble.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I loved it! Can't wait for season 3

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We watched "Making A Murderer". It was gut wrenching. I hate that I sometimes wanted to reach through the screen and shake some sense into Brendan, the nephew. It was very frustrating watching and listening to him. I am so angry that he didn't get proper representation. My God, his own lawyer was helping the prosecution.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Season 3? What was Seaon 1?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just started watching the comedy "Catastrophe" on Shomi. It is 2 seasons and so funny and well written. I highly recommend it.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Rvon season 1 only had 6 episodes

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I am currently watching Bloodlines

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Scooterrific, Bloodlines is a great show. Can't wait for Season 2 to start.

What was the title of the Season 1 that only had 6 episodes?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I finally finished "Making A Murderer" last night and I shared everyone's frustration with the criminal justice system in Wisconsin.

One day Halbach's real killer will be exposed and I'll bet it's the ex-boyfriend who "just happened" to guess her voicemail password. He's probably the one who was acting stalker-like in the days leading up to her disappearance.

I hope the Avery family establishes a GoFundMe type of fund-raising effort to pay for Steven and Brendan's future legal costs. I'll contribute for sure if they do!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Put me in line for Season 2 of "Bloodlines"! There is a Facebook page for the show and its a fun group. Lots of pictures of the current filming.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Reenie, that would be the Bloodliners.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Rvon that was Rectify

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Color...yup!!!!!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky- I heard today that Project Innocence is loking into the case. I have it on my list to watch

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That's encouraging, Scooter. Yes, please share any news that might surface to help Steven and Brendan.

P.S. I'm glad you're liking "Bloodline" - that Ben Mendelsohn is amazing; the total star of the show!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I watched Mississippi Grind with Ben M. He made the movie. Of course Ryan Renyolds wasn't too bad either.
We liked bloodline so much that I purchased tickets to the Fla Keys where it's filmed. We never got there bc our dog is sick but maybe one day. Thankfully the airfare was cheap.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am a couple of episodes in to Making a Murderer. I remember seeing this story on one of those news shows before. I also have read that there is a lot that wasn't put into the documentary, evidence-wise that shows Avery was an active participant in the killing. Somewhere, there is the truth.