TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 11, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 11, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ah yes. I understand that Black Friday Eve has some special significance in the U.S.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Not as much significance now that stores open on Thanksgiving

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was so happy that we had free movie channels all weekend. I got to get caught up on Getting On and on The Affair.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the last episode of Code Black and it was wonderful to hear the cast of the Lion King sing. Brought tears to my eyes.

Made me want to go and see it again. Have to check if it will be in SF anytime soon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sort of watching the Sinatra 100. It was great at the beginning and it is nice to see some of these young performers actually sing a song.

Didn't really like Tim McGraw's Lady is a Tramp.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I do like that all the performers are using the original scores. These old songs had some great lyrics.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Man I was waiting for Seth McFarland, I knew his voice would sound a lot like Sinatra.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Usher doing a fantastic job singing, That's Life.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 1:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I was impressed with Adam Levine. I've never heard him singing a straight ballad. Very good. "Lady is a Tramp" was sung by Garth Brooks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, LOL Granjan....I knew I recognized him but got the name wrong, thanks.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Who is Seth McFarland. I liked him. I thought most of the performers did a excellent job. I really enjoyed John Legend, Trisha Yearwood and I am a big fan of Carrie's, but I thought she screamed 2 of her songs, she is better then that and Frank Sinatra never screamed a song in his life. Celine is too dramatic for my taste. I just love Tony Bennett and especially Lady Gaga. I thought she and the dancer handled the screw up on the stairs very well. I hope the dancer didn't get yelled at after the show. Good show!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm so sorry I missed this. Will it replay? Seth McGarland is the brilliant mind behind The Family Guy and the movie Ted. He voices some of the characters on Gamily guy and has a wonderful singing voice. I just downloaded some of his Christmas album. His music has that big band sound that iove.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank you Lakecat

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the preview of Superstore? I thought it was a hoot and look forward to the premiere in January.I got far more lol moments than I got with Grinder or Grandfathered.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 07, 2015 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I plan to watch it Jasper. It looks so much fun! I noticed the first 3 eps are in on-demand already.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ya, I hope they repeat the third one Naja. It only showed on NBC, no Canadian station so I can't see it on line and I don't get NBC, ABC or CBS on demand.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone catch "Telenovela" starring Eva Longoria? I like it....I've been a Longoria fan since Desperate Housewives.

Of course, I have enjoyed the first few episodes of a lot of different sitcoms but then I start getting bored with them due to the repetitiveness inherent in the genre.

I have kept up with "The Middle" and "2 Broke Girls" and "The Last Man on Earth" and I did watch "Raising Hope" to the bitter end. And I'm still watching "Life in Pieces" but I dumped "Grinder" after 2 episodes.

I love the hair blowing fan effect in Telenovela. And her co-star, the very vain and insecure character named Gael Garnica.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Been watching an old sitcom on Crave, "Grounded for life". Anyway else remember it? Isn't the greatest but passes the time while I am on treadmill. Anyway, I am more than half the way through the the third season and it just occurred to me that Dean (the daughters boyfriend) is Mike Vogel ( from Under the Dome). Took me over 50 episodes to catch on. Lol can't believe how much he has changed in just over a decade, making me feel old!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I remember Grounded for Life. It was a cute show.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't remember Mike Vogel being on Grounded for Life, but I did watch the show years ago.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when The Odd Couple and Mike & Molly are coming back on the air?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
According to The Futon Critic:

April 7 for The Odd Couple:
http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/odd-couple/

January 6 for Mike & Molly:
http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/mike-and-molly/

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you.
They are certainly late in the season. Of course a typical run is only 22 episodes or 5.5 months so maybe no reruns. Perhaps only 13 episodes of The Odd Couple?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Both of them only got 13 episode pick ups this year.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I did not realize that. Melissa McCarthy too busy with movies I suppose.