TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through December 27, 2015 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Season 4 Call The Midwife is back. Love this show.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
\spoiler {this is just a tryout}

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How to do a spoiler box:

\spoiler{put spoiler text here}

Which looks like:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
put spoiler text here

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
/spoiler{this is a test if it looks like a spoiler box then I did it right} lol

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
that is it I give up....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
test

The key is slash facing this way: \
Then NO space between spoiler and {
spoiler{

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jane Fonda was on Stephen Colbert last night. She said they just finished shooting the second season of Grace and Frankie. She said it would take 6.5 hours to watch the season so would seem to be 13 episodes.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
I'm down to the last two episodes of Jessica Jones and it rocks :-). Without having seen the finale I don't know if there even could be a season two, but I'm hoping there will be. I'm not a comics person, I only watch some of the movies if they are supposed to be good. When I think of the superhero fantasy thing I think how cool it would be to have some super power, but I'd never thought about how lonely it could make you, not knowing who to trust and who only wants to manipulate you and use you for your super power or how it can hurt other people when you don't intend it to. I also love that Jessica Jones is a female 'superhero' (very flawed though) who does not wear a skintight costume and stilettos or show lots of skin. She wears jeans, boots, hoodies, a regular girl. I liked Krysten Ritter in Breaking Bad and Don't Trust the B*, and she is good in this.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I got half way thru JJ and switched channels. I'd probably like it better if she was just a Private Investigator and didn't have the super hero angle. I'll give it another chance.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
There is a second season lined up but not sure when, I do know that in 2016 there will be a season for Luke Cage and then a combo season for when they form the Defenders.

Eta.. Small misspeak, Jessica Jones is a second series, the first being Daredevil. There is also supposed to be a season for Iron Fist but that hasn't even been cast yet. The Defenders membership changed a lot apparently but according to Wikipedia it looks like these are the four members Netflix will be going with,

Loremma

04-25-2004

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
Glad I'm not the only one loving Jessica Jones. Since I loved Daredevil I thought I'd give this show a try. I had to force myself not to binge all the shows in one day. It was so different, and dark, and more "normal" than The Avengers or other superhero shows.

I'm glad there will be a second season, too.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
For all that like Broadchurch...Netflix has the second season up for viewing.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying Jessica Jones as well. Krysten Ritter is always great. I need to get back to it. I'm up to episode 6 or 7.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I'm almost done watching the new Netflix series Making a Murderer. I couldn't sleep last night, my mind would NOT shut off! This documentary was so hard to watch at times, my heart just hurt for this family. I have to admit that I couldn't stop myself from looking this case up and I know the outcome, which I just can't understand at all. I'm eager to hear what others think about this series.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am just about to start episode 3 Ranger so will let you know (although I looked it up too lol). Something they said in the first episode has stuck with me. He has an iq of 70? It was mentioned almost casually and (so far) not repeated, as a reason he responds to stress the way he does. This has to be a huge contributing factor to the overall story, it's obviously the reason for all the initial interactions with the police and its those interactions that led to the hostility/prejudice he was later shown.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
It just gets worse Rissa...this whole process was so hard to watch. At times I was screaming at the TV. If this family had money, I think things would've been so different for them.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
It is mind boggling, frightening, and gut wrenching. I couldn't make it through the whole thing.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Friday, December 25, 2015 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I really liked Jessica Jones, and I LOVED Daredevil!

Now I'm watching Bloodline - just finished the 3rd episode and really like it!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 25, 2015 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bloodline is one of Netflix' best original series. Season 2 is currently filming in the Keys.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching "Making a Murderer" today too. It was so difficulte to watch, but I kept thinking something good has to come out of this. Well, that didn't happen. The one good thing that did come out of it is when the Prosecuting Attorney got caught with a few of his own misdeeds and eventually had to resign. He was the biggest jerk of all.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I am watching it now. On about episode 7. I am YELLING at the TV.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I think there needs to be a law that an underage minor can not be questioned...or interrogated...by the police without a parent present. I would say lawyer, but after seeing what Brendan's lawyer did, that wouldn't even matter. Without that coerced confession from Brendan, I don't think they would've been able to go after Steven. And what happened to Brendan was just disgusting.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Didn't take long after that lawyer showed up and I was yelling, "Loser. Loser." He was after publicity the case could bring him. Early on he was smiling when he said it was "high profile". When his investigator pushed Brendan to check the box that he was or wasn't sorry for what he'd done and then write a confession . . . . What?????????? You are supposed to be proving his innocence.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
You could tell that the lawyer was there for publicity, and was loving it. That man needs to be disbarred. Sickening.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw the first episode don't think I'll watch the rest. I'll look up what happened to him. Did they ever interview his wife? Did I miss that?