TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: Archive through August 21, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Great information. Thanks so much. My DD's and I attend Fan Expo every year in Toronto and Doctor Who is a huge part of it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Blink was one of the scariest episodes ever! It still gets me on repeat watchings. (And yes the Weeping Angels were new with the new doctors.)

Sanfran, the first episode I saw was the last episode of Planet of the Spiders in 1974, where Jon Pertwee regenerated into Tom Baker. My parents let me watch it for the first time, and I was so scared I spent most of it hiding behind my hands or even the settee. I was only six though, so that might be why I didn't pay any attention to the production stuff... or maybe that was pretty standard BBC viewing those days. I probably watched every episode from 1974 through to the mid-80s when I had better things to do than watch tv, but I can't remember most of them now.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Fun youtube clip that gives you a peek at early Doctor Whos:

Doctor Who hellos and goodbyes 1963-2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpe8P0hH-3w

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
There was a ComicCon in Boston this past summer. I wish I had known about it. I'd love to attend one some day. They had a Torchwood panel with John Barrowman (Capt. Jack) and Eve Myles (Gwen) that was a hoot. You can find it on YouTube.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The Christmas special was pretty good, and I do like Nick Frost as well. The last episode of the season, I found the Mistress deliciously insane! But I will say the couple of episodes prior to that lost me a bit. I'm not sure whether it was Clara and the Doctor's interaction, the stories or something else.

Enjoy the catch up Jimmer. And it you get the chance Torchwood is really good.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some good memories of companions in that video. My brother had a little K-9! A couple of the early regenerations went through a ceramic stage which was a curious way to do it, maybe it made the transmogrification easier.

But there are no regenerations so poignant as David to Matt Smith, sigh.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I still get teary eyed with David Tennant's "I don't want to go," regeneration and I can't say how many times I'veseen that. It's just heartbreaking.

Enjoy it Jimmer! If you feel lost at any point, don't worry, eventually it all makes sense and you get the backstory. It's a show that has totally hooked my whole family, including Dakota, who has only liked Firefly for sci-fi shows, and my barely 7 year old niece. We have Doctor Who debates, what are favorite episodes are, who are fav doctor/companions are, best bad guys, etc. Lots and lots of fun.

And yep, Torchwood is great. James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) is on a couple episodes and he's a lot of fun.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wargod and Kitt, I am in tears anytime the Tennant to Smith (10 to 11? which is right if Capaldi is 12) is shown. Just watched it on Neflix the other day and I was a teary-eyed mess.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Do Tennant and Smith sort of look alike? I am not sure which Dr was on when I first watched a marathon and got interested.

Also, today seems to be with the new doctor, why is he so upset about Clara having a boyfriend, jealously just doesn't seem like it goes with The Doctor.

Also, I saw you guys talking about how you were surprised that Clara came back, did she (the actress who plays her) not get along with the doctor that she filmed with?

Thanks, all this information is fascinating.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3226590720/tt2779318?ref_=tt_ov_i#

Here's Matt Smith on the left, David Tennant on the right. David's Doctor moved between fun and sensitive, Mark's between fun and eccentric. Mark Smith is actually a more typical "Doctor" but I think a lot of people fell a little in love with David Tennant.

This new Doctor was a bit strange for a while, not sure which episode you're talking about but he seemed almost apologetic for regenerating at first, it was a bit strange. I guess he's just finding his feet.

I don't remember reading about the Clara actress having any trouble with anyone, but I thought I read that it was confirmed she was leaving this Christmas, but instead it was all just rumour. I think she's better with Capaldi than with Matt Smith, or maybe it's just they've tweaked her character a bit. In the beginning she just seemed so entirely together and self-sufficient and not particularly interested in the Doctor. Now she seems a bit more into it all!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know I fell in love with David's Doctor.

I read too that Clara was leaving after the season, maybe they changed their minds and took the story in the direction to get rid of Danny to have her stay on. I thought in the Xmas special when they had her old, which I loved that the Doctor could not see, that that was her swan song, then she reverted and they are back together. Sometimes the pace between the two of them gets a little frenetic and I wish they'd dial it down a notch, but otherwise I like their chemistry and humour. There still was a couple of eps that I just couldn't mesh with.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Someone somewhere suggested that the Santa was another incarnation of The Doctor and the sled was a version of the Tardis. LOL!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
So I am watching the Christmas special with my daughter and she looks up who is playing Santa, she sees the role is listed as Nick Frost and laughs and says "I get it". I had to hunt down my laptop and bring up imdb to prove it wasn't some inside joke.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No more Doctor today, I am missing him, LOL. They are showing top gear instead.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Rissa, that tickled my funny bone. I sort of thought it was an inside joke also.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The doctor is back, LOL, and this is a hysterical take on Poseidon Adventure, they even have a Shelly Winters, LOL. It's the first episode of season 4, Voyage of the Damned.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For anyone watching on Netflix, the streaming episodes now have expiry dates on them . Sometimes things with expiry dates get renewed immediately, sometimes they're not available for a while.

So you might want to get your watching done by Feb 1st!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I am watching. I'm up to the Amy/Rory episodes. I watch several episodes a day so I will be caught up by the end of the month.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've finished Season 1 of Torchwood, but am having to watch the Doctor Who episodes with Jack between S1 and S2 for continuity. Even so, should get through the rest of Torchwood by the end of the month. I forgot Jack started off so cruel, he's much nicer in later seasons.

It's funny, there's nothing to watch for almost all December, then January comes and I'm struggling to find time amongst the new shows.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Head's up to the Rory fans out there. Arthur Darvill (Rory) will be playing the priest in Season 2 of Broadchurch. Wow, 10 is teaming up with Rory again. Now if Karen Gillian (Amy Pond) could make a cameo, that would be really neat. Now I am REALLY looking forward to March!!! I just double checked with IMDB and he was also the minister in Season 1. I was just checking the sidebar on IMDB and Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper, Torchwood) is playing a character named Claire. Whoa! It's a Whovian/Torchwoodian extravaganza!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Season 9 starts September 19th.

http://tvline.com/2015/08/12/doctor-who-trailer-season-9-video-maisie-williams/

Trailer at the link!

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
can't wait! It seems like it's been forever!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
There have been two very good trailers posted and now I REALLY need September 19 to be here. They are starting a Doctor's Special or something like that this Saturday night on BBC America. If you are watching the newest trailer (BBC America has both of them) check out Clara's hug and check out 12's face after she hugs him. That and the hug he gives her in the first trailer. Those two scenes will make it worth watching the series for me. Oh yeah and the aliens too.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Can't wait!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am disappointed, I simply do not care for the new Dr. Who and have never liked Clara. I didn't even finishing watching all of the last season. I used to really enjoy Dr. Who, my fav being David Tennet.