TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 15, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through December 15, 2015 users admin

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Honest to God, Kirsten Dunst is so bad-ass in this show, she should get nominated for something. And funny while she's at it too, lol. Best part she's ever had, I believe.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Totally agree! She has never been better in anything else. The show actually grows dim whenever she's not on the screen. Last night's episode -- laughed my head off, especially when she punctuated her authority with that knife!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I can hardly wait for next week ....that Indian is small but mighty and quite menacing in his appearance. Was anyone else surprised at the person he shot at the cabin ? How will he explain that ?

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky, you've got me laughing again thinking about Peggy teaching that big oaf manners. And then, the way she turns to Ed with a "Hi hon!" and beaming smile. Oh yes, Peggy has definitely "actualized" herself. She's totally, deliciously bonkers and yes, she does light up the screen when she's on. I love this show. And the cinematography has been simply awesome so far.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You totally nailed it Holly - Peggy is "deliciously bonkers."

What was up with Hanzee shooting Dodd?

Bowl4sport

07-21-2008

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bowl4sport a private message Print Post    
Did Fargo just jump the shark? Don't want to spoil but 'those lights'?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We knew it was going to materialize again at some point since it was in the first ep, too.

But I don't get it either.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
....and we still don't know what's up with Hanzee.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
DUring the late 70's there were numerous "UFO" sighting in that area of the country. That's why we have gotten them a couple of times during the series.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Kona is right. If you scroll up to Tishala's post of November 4th, she shared a link that has information on a specific sighting that an officer named Val Johnson had in Fargo. I'd repost the link here but I don't know how to post links. It's an interesting read.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's the true story (according to Val Johnson, UFO witness) that the UFO in Fargo is supposed to be based upon. Granted, the ball of light in Val's story was a lot less impressive than what Fargo presented, but, hey, that's just poetic license! :-)

Whatever happened to the Marshall County cop who hit a UFO?

At 1:40 a.m. 36 years ago, Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy Val Johnson was on night patrol along a rural section of State Highway 220 near Warren, Minn., when he drove into a ball of white light.

"I noticed a very bright, brilliant light, 8 to 12 inches in diameter, 3 to 4 feet off the ground," Johnson said in a taped police interview. "The edges were very defined."

Johnson drove toward the light, and woke up in the ditch a half-hour later with burns around his eyes. The windshield and one headlight of his 1977 Ford LTD were smashed. Both radio antenna were bent sharply back. The watch on his wrist and the clock on the dash both ticked 14 minutes slow.

<snip>

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/08/26/minnesota-deputy-squad-car-ufo-mystery

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The funniest moment in this episode was when the heavy sheriff was questioning the Blumquists and he said Ed was "stupid" and Pegyy suddenly says (in her very stern "you-better-watchg-it-mister" voice), "Hey!" (Everyone who has a mother has heard that sharp warning at some point.)

The guy was lucky Peggy was tied up and didn't have something pointy in her hand! I swear, I had to replay that moment about 3 or 4 times!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
When the season began I didn't have very high expectations about what Kirsten Dunst would deliver to the role. Now that we've all gotten to see just how good she is, I really think she's been as good this season as Billy Bob Thornton was in season one. Absolutely mesmerizing. Totally agree about the "Hey!" San Fran!

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
This show keeps getting better, if that's possible!
My favorite line was when ED and Peggy are escaping near the end and Ed looks up at the UFO and says, "What's that?" And Peggy says, "Oh, that's just a UFO".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This last episode...WOW!!

How many episodes left?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
One, Lakecat.

ETA- On the bright side, there will be a season 3, according to imdb.com!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
we agree, Kirsten should get an Emmy nom for "Peggy".

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, DH and I weren't thrilled with the slow burn ending. As a matter of a fact, when I turned to him to see his reaction to the ending, he was flipping off the TV.

I'm going to re-watch the finale when I have a chance to see if there is something we missed that makes it more interesting.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
So good. So very, very good. The finale quietly closed the story of each and every character in such a human way. In a way, each story was a surprise to me. From the evil killer ending up in a corporate job, to the young Camus-reading girl learning a life lesson from the dying mom. Loved the finale . Loved the whole season, every character and every actor.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If all my shows "quietly closed out", I would really be ticked off.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I have to admit, I was left scratching my head at the end of the finale. I did like it but I was left with unanswered questions regarding Hanzee. So, I did an internet search on tonight's finale and read a Vanity Fair review that did help to answer my questions. Once my questions were answered, I felt better about the quiet ending and I'm totally okay with it.

Bring on Fargo, Season 3!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Eggie, I was also left scratching my head. I guess I'm going to have to google that Vanity Fair review because I was also curious about Hanzee (and Peggy).

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Add me to the head-scratchers list! But I'm hoping they left Peggy and Hanzee open-ended to guarantee their return for season three. (Fingers crossed!).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm ready for next season....according to IMDB.COM, there is a season 3.

During this whole season, I kept expecting to see Lou get shot in the hip...in season one that character was played by Keith Carridine and he had that limp so I was sure that would be addressed this season. It wasn't and that was a pleasant surprise because it just reminded me that one cannot always predict the storyline on Fargo! Yay for unpredictability!

I'm glad I waited until after the finale to read an interview in the TV Guide with Patrick Wilson who played Lou this season. He said something like (paraphrased) - Don't necessarily expect to see Lou get shot in the hip or see his wife die in the finale because this season takes place in 1979 and a lot of stuff can happen between then and the time frame of season one.

That makes me believe that season 3 will fill in all the blanks....unless they decided on several more seasons to really do it up right! :-)

I was fine with the slower, wind-down finale...the last thing I'd want from a Coen Brothers inspired story would be a cliffhanger! Besides, the final episode was very much in keeping with the laid back, no nonsense attitude most of the characters demonstrated all season anyhow. This season started slow and had to wind up to everything that happened in the last several episodes, so the winding back down worked very well for me. (Poor Milligan )

Excellent end to another great season!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SFJF.. it is killing me to know what happened with Peggy and Hanzee. I was dying laughing when Peggy asked if she could be charged with a federal crime so she could be transferred to a prison north of San Francisco overlooking the bay. I'm assuming she was talking about Alcatraz but I thought that was always men's prison.

I don't know who the actor was that played Milligan - but he was outstanding. He was always so cool, calm and collected, and then he could kill someone five seconds later, and then go smoke a cigarette. He was absolutely brilliant.