TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 21, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through November 21, 2015 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You're one of the best contributors at TVCH, Tishala, and I noticed you hadn't been posting in recent weeks, so I was pleased to see your "Fargo" post. (The NFL Pool game is fun, but frustrating!)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 02, 2015 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This post half off topic but I just had to mention a movie I saw over the weekend.

If anybody is interested in seeing a movie that has the same atmosphere and type of plot as Fargo the tv show, you have to see
"Cut Bank (2014)"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1661820/reference

It even has a few of the same actors as the TV show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 02, 2015 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
eta: to my post above--
If you subscribe to STARZ channel, it's in their on-demand right now.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The second half of last night's show was pure visual poetry and beautifully suspenseful. From the moment Hanzee arrives at Ed and Peggy's house, through the scene in the back of the car with the Gerhardts--Mama Gerhardt refusing to console her son, twice, before she acquiesces--to Lou's speech to Peggy and Ed about being already dead, to Lou's wife looking at her placebos/experimental cancer drug, to Mama Gerhardt enveloping her husband in bed before declaring "this is war," it was all so amazing.

I don't understand everything yet, and suspect I'm going to need to re-watch the entire series after it's over, but this episode was a complete wow for me.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
BTW Jean Smart as Mama Gerhardt has to be a front runner for an Emmy. Her speech about her children, including the stilborn ones, could earn it for her without voters needing to see the scene in the back of the car or her scene in bed with her husband.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tish, I agree about needing to rewatch the entire season over again. The first season was so much easier to follow.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The Indian who tracked Ed and Peggy's car to the auto body garage and him casually strolling through their home was awesome ...The scene where Ed realizes, without speaking, that someone has been in the home was memorable. If Lou was referring to a "look" surely that was the one where ED sees the fireplace..
The clothes, hair, cars and home furnishings brings back memories if one is of a certain age.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
So what's the deal with Hanzee, the Native American guy played by Zahn McClarnon? During that scene when he was looking up at the sky it appears that he lost two hours.

Before he walked out of the Waffle House and went back outside there was a clock on the wall that showed it was 7:07. Then Hanzee walked outside and found a piece of a car's broken headlight in the snow. That's when he looked up at the sky and we see the sun moving very fast across the sky. Then he puts the broken headlight in his pocket and pulls out a pocket watch which shows the time to be 9:07.

Was this some kind of epilepsy event? Or some other kind of blackout or something?

Just before Hanzee leaves the Waffle House:
clock

Just after he puts the broken headlight shard in his pocket:
watch

(Images are screen caps from this episode.)

Whatever that lost time was caused by, I'm guessing it will play a part in some future episode.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I thought the 2 hour lapse had to do with the UFO Hanzee was looking at through the trees. In Episode 1, I recall there being a UFO when Peggy hit Rye with her car. I would hope we are eventually filled in with the UFO scenes but I suspect we won't. It'll probably be chalked up to one of those FARGO type of bizarre unknown moments.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/27/fargo-val-johnson-incident

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Interesting article Tishala, thank you for posting it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Great catch SFJF and Eggie. I never even caught the two-hour time difference. If this was Lost, I would have been looking for it.

Great article Tish... thanks for posting.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I can't believe nobody posted about this week's AMAZING episode. But it was AMAZING!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Egbok! I had totally forgotten all about the UFO!

This week, the scene that stuck with me the most was the guy with the bow and arrow who said (paraphrased) "Anyone can shoot a gun. The longbow is in art"...seconds before a bullet blew his brains out.

Gotta love the little bits of irony that pop up every time you turn around on Fargo! :-)

I also cracked up at the seemingly innocent and naive girl in the butcher shop when she was talking about death moments visited the shop....."It doesn't matter what you do with your life....you're gonna die anyway". (paraphrased) I can still her accent when I think about it.

This really was an excellent episode.

The second season has been really good, but also it's been a much slower burn than last year when bumbling murderer Lester (Martin Freeman) was going head to head with professional serial killer Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton). Finally, this year's latest episode really ramped it up and a lot of the actions/plans from all these different people started to mesh. It really snowballed when it got going!

ETA - I agree, Tishala...it was truly AMAZING!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
That was some episode!!! I was surprised that the Kristen Dunst character hadn't left town! Her poor husband!!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I really feel sorry for anyone who is missing this show (knowingly or unknowingly) -- each and every episode is delightful and menacing fun. Yummy on all fronts!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched my recording this weekend. I agree with SFJF that this season's episode was a much slower burn but this past week's episode totally ramped it up. I think it is going to really hit the fan between those two Gerhardt brothers and I can't wait.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It's not one of those shows that you can check your facebook, check News and Views etc or you will miss some small nuance. We watched the first two episodes and then binge watched the last 4. We were having a hard time remembering and catching up but we are good now.
Whose head was that in the hat box?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
The head in the hat box was Brad Garrett's character, the Kansas City mob boss Joe Bulo.

I am enjoying this AMAZING show filled with such a rich cast of actors.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I'm also, once again having a hard time understanding some of the conversation. I must start using CC. I also don't know all the characters names that would help in keeping up with what's going on.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Someone please refresh my memory. I can't remember. How did papa Gerhardt get the way he is? Was he shot in the first episode?

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
I think he had a stroke in the first episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, this link might help...it matches the actors with their characters. No photos, but most of the actor's names link to their publicity photos (but they aren't in character for their Fargo roles).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_%28season_2%29#Cast

------

A few weeks ago, TV Guide had a double page of showing pictures of each main Fargo season 2 character along with a short description of that character and the actors who play them...but I couldn't that anywhere online.

If you can find the Oct 12-25 (DOUBLE ISSUE) of TV Guide magazine with Michael Weatherly's picture on the front, go to pages 22-23.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks! This is probably what you are talking about.
http://www.bustle.com/articles/117925-the-cast-of-fargo-season-2-is-full-of-familiar-stars-this-guide-puts-a
I think Mike Milligan is my favorite character. I didn't recognize Ed in the first episode, he's gained quite a bit a weight from Friday Night Lights and Breaking Bad. I wonder if that was for the part of " Ed"?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That wasn't the same thing I saw in the TV Guide, but it had similar info.

I wonder if that was for the part of " Ed"?"

Maybe so....Kirsten Dunst says she had to pack on some extra weight for her role on Fargo. Sounds like she enjoyed it!

Kirsten Dunst: "I Sat in Bed, Watched Friday Night Lights and Ate" Cheese and Bread to Gain Weight for Fargo

Kristen Dunst was 100 percent okay with having to gain weight for her role in FX’s Fargo. The usually slim actress revealed to Jimmy Kimmel on Monday, Oct. 12, that she pretty much just chilled and ate cheese and bread to pack on the pounds for her role as Midwestern beautician Peggy Blomquist.

<snip>

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kirsten-dunst-reveals-how-she-gained-weight-for-fargo-role-20151310