TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 26, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 26, 2015 users admin

Eroica

07-28-2005

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Love the Good Witch. It is on the Hallmark channel in the US.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I watch it. I do prefer the movies to the series only because I find the series gets a little samey from ep to ep. Do you watch Food Network Cablejockey? I didn't realize Noah Cappe who plays the deputy had a show on it. He also did the Great Canadian Cookbook with Lynn Crawford. It was very good. A fun show.

I like the Lost Letter Mysteries as too. Is that Hallmark as well?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 09, 2015 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I watched the premiere episode of Agent X and I liked it a lot more than I expected to. I'm not a fan of The Librarians (feels like a children's show) and the premiere of The Librarians was the lead-in to the premiere of Agent X (the first two episodes, back to back)....so I assumed they would be after the same demographic.

Agent X stars Sharon Stone, who is the VP and learns that the VP heads a secret organization to deal with issues that endanger the US. The president is not involved at all so he can have plausible deniability.

If one were to compare this to a comic book, Sharon Stone, the VP, has her own bat cave, her own sexy batman (Jeff Hephner) and her own "Alfred" (Gerald McRaney). LOL

It's not as corny or "comic-y" as it sounds. I see it is a straight-up action series with a pretty good cast and secret agent with great intel and skills who can swoop in and deal with a crisis...sort of like James Bond.

I unexpectedly enjoyed this quite a bit!

Agent X is on TNT on Sunday nights....not sure if it re-airs during the week, though.....but it might be available On Demand.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm just curious (I know I should use the 'movie' thread) but maybe here I could get answer.
Do you know if video rental outlets still exist? I remember there were so many in my city and always huge line ups to rent the movies. Now, I can't find one. I get my movies from my library at no cost. Is that what happened? or is it that everyone has Netflix? I don't and I wonder how many are missing those rental outlets... like 'blockbusters', remember? I stopped buying dvd movies a longtime ago, piling them up and only watching them once didn't seem right...

Also, is it only me or many of you watch tv all by yourself because others in the house are watching their own tv programs?? Family viewing seem a thing of the past...

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I still rent movies occasionally from Redbox. I can go online and reserve them, then pick them up when I go to the grocery store.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Raised by Wolves? It is imo hilarious. I appreciate the fact that the CBC has not censored it all.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I miss renting movies from the video rental stores, too. Still have two membership cards from Movie Gallery and Blockbuster.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Redbox and Netflix seem to be the way to go. I think every so often you'll see a video rental in a small town, but they really have gone by the wayside. Redbox rocks. Cheap and you can pick your movie online and then return to *any* redbox.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I agree with Sanfran I was pleasantly surprised with Agent X. And will be taping it at least for now.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Do you know if video rental outlets still exist? I remember there were so many in my city and always huge line ups to rent the movies. Now, I can't find one. I get my movies from my library at no cost. Is that what happened? or is it that everyone has Netflix? I don't and I wonder how many are missing those rental outlets... like 'blockbusters', remember? I stopped buying dvd movies a longtime ago, piling them up and only watching them once didn't seem right...

I think the reason there a fewer video / DVD rental outlets is due to streaming. I've had Netflix for many years. As for DVDs, I'm down to 2 DVDs per month, 1 at a time and streaming. It's been quite a while since I've gotten a DVD from Netflix. I'm 'bout ready to cancel that. I'm buying fewer DVDs these days. I think streaming is the reason for fewer DVD rentals from wherever.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
is this the place to discuss commercials that make your blood boil because I have several to rant on?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
go for it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, this thread would work find for that Sadiesmom.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ok, I worked for GE as a techie and even if I did not I would hate their new techie ad. in one there is one guy who codes for GE like that is special! he is confronted with another techie guy who codes cats with hats - the girls (they certainly don't act or are treated like women) ooh and ah over the cats in hats like it si wonderful coding, not that they would know about that, while the poor super techie is not understood - stupid girls.
then they have the GE age discrimination thing like his parents don't know what a coder is because they are so old. I don't even want to go into how the parents ,who are younger than me, don 't understand what he does, especially the supportive mother.

hate hate hate. I have to change the channel when these ads that always seem to be on appear. PS, I don't need these ads to havte GE, I was on site watching them destroy american manufacturing with their cheating and bad planning. all to make a profit for the next quarter, for get the future, that will never come. Met jack Welch instantly hated him. Rules are for other people, not for him. he had better things to do.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You need a dvr with fast forward ;).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I feel old today. I just read this article about Goldie Hawn who turned 70 today! I've been watching her since Laugn-In in the 60's and we are of the same generation. I'm "only" 64 but now I feel 70, just like Miss Hawn. Too bad I don't look 40 like she does!

LINK to huffingtonpost.com

--------

Also, on Project Runway: Junior, Tim Gunn told one young girl that her dress looked "too Gilligan's Island"...later in a "diary cam" scene she admitted she didn't know what Gilligan's Island was! Something that was part of my memory and life experience since I was barely a teen is now so long ago that today's kids never heard of it? Time seems to be speeding up more and more the older I get!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sanfranjoshfan, I laughed at the Gilligan's Island comment myself.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sanfranjoshfan, I can relate to both comments. Goldie is 70! I hope I look like that next year. (I'm 69 next month.)

More related to second comment. I asked a friend whose son is 21 if JFK's death means anything to her son. No. JFK is long-ago history. It was in my lifetime so it can't be that long ago.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
How about a friend saying something about the rec room in the house and her granddaughter asked what a rec room was. I even had a 21 yr old employee ask what my adding machine was.

I can't believe Goldie is 70! Snake Pliskin must keep her young.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Goldie's looks, along with many of the aging actors/actresses in Hollywood is due more to the talent of their surgeon.

I think it's okay to enhance one's appearance in any way one wants but they shouldn't try to pretend they haven't had help.

a

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Getting On? It's on HBO and it's about over-worked doctors and nurses working in a geriatic ward. It's based on a BBC series. The cast is great and I recommend giving it a try. It's on it's third season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love Getting On, Kappy. I am sad this is the last season. They announced at the end of last season this is the final season.

I never understood why each season is only 6 episodes. This show had so many plot possibilities.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yikes. I just checked. There's only 3 eps left until it's over for good :-(

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't have HBO anymore so haven't watched this season yet. Loved that show! The acting is topnotch all the way around. It really hit home for me because I was taking care of my mom with dementia when I did watch it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Happy Black Friday's Eve everyone! :-)