TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 30, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Just wanted to add....from what I remember, both Season 3 (Coven) and season 4 (Freak Show) were less "scary" than season 2 (Asylum)....but they were still pretty creepy/weird with some humor thrown in the mix.

None of them actually "scared" me...but I love horror with creepy humor involved.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
I'm in. I started watching this season premiere without much enthusiasm, after I lost all interest in Freak Show and didn't finish the season... but this one looks brilliant. The set, costumes, music, everything, gorgeous. Except for the horrifying violence, of course. Whether the theme is addiction or obsession or guilt or responsibility, it's interesting. And whether or not you like Lady Gaga, there's just something about her that compels you to pay attention to her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That's what I was missing in this first episode, a little bit of humor and of course Jessica Lange. So far this has been my least favorite season opener.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Is it wrong that I would love to check into the Hotel Cortez and just soak in all the glitz and glamor of yesteryear? I realize I would end up completely dead and get to soak it up for all eternity, but still....

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I happened across this article about the premiere episode at the Huffington Post

It explains a bit about a character in relation to the addiction theme that I hadn't realized, but it's only a "spoiler" for the premiere episode, which has already aired.

Here's What That One Horrifying 'American Horror Story' Scene Was All About
Ryan Murphy called it "the most disturbing" thing they've done so far.

<snip>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/american-horror-story-hotel-addiction-demon-rape-scene_56155583e4b021e856d32b0f?cps=gravity_2377_-4605263646479560615

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The scene that the writer is talking about Brenda in SFJFs link is probably the most shocking I've ever seen. Like I said, I'm no light weight when it comes to gratuitous violence and sex. Maybe you should watch the first episode first,I imagine you will recommend she skip it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks. Sounds like Season 2 and 5 should be skipped. I'm not sure why she wants to watch it at all. What is it with teens wanting to be scared? I was like that too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was hooked on being scared from tv and movies since I was about 6 years old and my babysitter always let us watch Night Gallery with her. It was so much fun.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
You must like thrill rides and haunted houses Naja. I hate being scared, I'm a nervous person as it is.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I like being scared watching movies and TV, too...but I don't like thrill rides. You can be scared watching a movie but you know it isn't real and that you aren't going to die. Thrill rides actually kill people once in awhile although I'm sure it's very rare.....but the chances of a killer coming out of the TV and chopping your head is zero.:-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I prefer the thrill rides. I watch too much true crime so knowing that people do break into your home to kill you or grab you off the street is just too real to me. I can handle ghost stories because I don't believe in that. But cold blooded killers scare me! The teen is mad that I want her to skip season 2 of American horror story so she's watching bad cooking shows instead. Works for me!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I like haunted houses. I mean the kind at amusements parks. I do enjoy roller coasters, but not as much as haunted houses.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Heads up!

Looks like this week's episode (Wed, Oct 14) is 1:42 long! (I'm betting that a lot of that extra 42 minutes will be extra commercials)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How long was the first episode?

Robinm

01-31-2006

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
First episode was 1:31. Lots and lots of commercials.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is a pretty cool article. There are theories in it as to what may happen on the show based on actual events that happened at the real hotel that the show hotel is based on.

http://screencrush.com/american-horror-story-hotel-real-theories/

Be sure to watch the first youtube on the page. It is the real surveillance video of the last time a woman was seen alive in the hotel before they found her dead. It gave me chills. She was acting so strangely even though she was alone on the elevator.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found this....it looks like Mr. James Marsh, the character portrayed by Evan Peters, may be based on the nation's "first serial killer".

His name was H.H. Holmes (AKA Herman Webster Mudgett and other aliases) (May 16, 1861 – May 7, 1896)

The hotel seems to have been modeled after one he actualy built, with hidden murder rooms and secret chutes to dispose of the bodies in lime pits in the basement, not to mention the bizarre layout with hallways that went nowhere and doors that opened onto brick walls.

Creepy!

H. H. Holmes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oops. I posted mine before I read your post, Naja!

It's always fun finding the real life stories that Ryan Murphy bases his stories on....it makes his series even creepier.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Did anyone like the Devil's Night gathering?

It was good but so bad, these really were awful killers but since I like true crime and knew the back stories it was interesting.

Has anyone guessed that John may be a killer, too?

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I wondered if John was the 10 Commandments killer, but it does not seem like he has been doing enough drinking to account for the "lost time" he would need to have done those murders.

I read "Devil in the White City" which is about the 1892 World's Fair and HH Holmes. HH Holmes in reality was a lot worse than AHS:Hotel.

I kind of like this season because I don't care about any of the characters, so when someone gets killed, it is no big deal. This is the most unsympathetic group of characters in any of the AHS series. And I do enjoy the lush settings.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
My only problem with this episode was that theses were actual killers who victims had family, friends who could have been watching. Otherwise the plot is interesting and I like recognizing actors from past seasons. Love Gaga's clothes and the actor who dresses in women's clothing is great here as he was last 2 seasons of AHS and he was a hoot in "True Blood".

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont get how some people are alive but they see the dead people.

Spangs

10-07-2005

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spangs a private message Print Post    
I wish there was a more engaging plot. IMO there has not been a fully satisfying season since Asylum.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I like the show but increasingly it has far more style than substance.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree