TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 07, 2015 users admin

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch the full house movie on lifetime?

It was tamer than expected but that goes with full house, right? :-)

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Oh Mamie...I am so, so sorry that I left you dangling for almost two weeks, for a reply to your question!

Yes, 'tis I, sweetie....returned after all these years, because of all the good times we shared those many years ago. :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Legal, I'll admit it, I watched.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I recorded the Full House movie, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm more interested in the "beyond the headlines" show that followed. I recorded that, too.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians - starting Sept 1 @5:00pm daily Ironsides will be on Vision! I love Raymond Burr.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded Public Morals on TNT. Can anyone tell me if it is worth watching or should I delete from my DVR? In other words, is it season-pass worthy?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I half watched. It wasn't Must See TV but 1 st episodes usuly aren't. I'll give it another try. One thing that stuck out to me was the bad langauge. No one is more numb to gratuitous violence and language than me, I nevER seem to notice it or be bothered by it, but oh my,Every.Other.Word.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up, Jasper. My Dad loves him too and Doc Martin.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
He may like Our Zoo as well Rupertbear. It starts Sept 2, a 6 pt mini with Lee Ingleby who I know best from George Gently.

Plus I know a lot of people like Great British Baking and Series 2 is starting Sunday on KCTS9 a PBS station on Sunday Sept 6 at 7pm

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks LC

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jasper. I'll mention it to him.

I only caught one episode of Great British Baking but I loved it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else catch the premiere if The Daily Show with Trevor Noah?

I'm not really liking him. Maybe he'll grow on me, but for now I don't see that happening soon.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Thought this might be interesting for some of you to see- these are the rates for a 30-second ad on all the shows on the major networks this season:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/tv-advertising-prices-football-empire-walking-dead-big-bang-theory-1201603800/

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Naja, I just watched premiere this morning, haven't watched second one yet. I enjoyed it!! I like Noah, have watched his stand up which may make a difference in that I was already familiar with his style. He has an interesting background if you are at all interested in checking it out. His mother is black, father white and at the time they were married it was illegal in S. Africa to be a biracial couple. His mother was imprisoned and dad took off back to Switzerland, yrs later his mother was shot in face and back by 2nd husband and, again thanks to S. Africa's policies at the time, the guy only got 3 yrs probation. It's kinda amazing that he turned out to have a sense of humour AT ALL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the "unauthorized BH 90210" movie last night on lifetime? It was funny, and then there was a terrible show afterward that Tori Spelling appeared on.

Anyway, it was a fun watch, pretty stupid, but entertaining.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I watched both the Full a House and 90210 Lifetime shows, oddly, I didn't watch either TV show when they aired in the 90s.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Of the three unauthorized movies thus far, I think this was the best in casting but that isn't saying much. I would have liked extra time with "Tiffani" and "Vanessa" joining the cast but oh well... And why didn't they include the parents for even a second? I thought season one was supposedly about the parents too and then they shifted totally to the kids but none of that backstory was portrayed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the 90210 movie was fun. A couple of a the casting choices were amazing! (but more than a couple were pretty bad) The girl that portrayed Jennie Garth could have actually been mistaken for her at that age. But I thought the girl portraying Tori was completely off mark.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
My Lifetime station totally snookered the airing of this, cutting to commercials in the middle of someone talking and ending it in the middle of a scene. I have no idea how it wrapped up. But other than that it was a fun watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jasper, the first showing of the night on Lifetime is almost always screwed up. I've missed the end of many movies and learned my lesson. You have to add 5 minutes to end to be safe, or record the second showing of the night. The second showing seems to start and end on time. (but I still add 5 mins to be safe)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'll keep that in mind for future. Thanks Naja

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I finally watched Life in Pieces and I did enjoy it, was really laughing when the cops arrested the dad and the MOm was mad because he was getting a break.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, November 02, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Man_on_Earth_(TV_series)

The Last Man on Earth is an American post-apocalyptic comedy television series created by and starring Will Forte.[2] The series premiered on the American broadcast network Fox on March 1, 2015.[2] The pilot episode was written by Forte and directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.[2] On April 8, 2015, the show was renewed for a second season,[3] which premiered on September 27, 2015.[4

I get such a kick out of this show. Probably my favorite sit com on TV right now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 02, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We love that show in our house, Lilfair. I think Kristen Schaal is one of the funniest women on TV.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch The Good Witch? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3906732/ I have a feeling its only shown in Canada. Its a fun whimsical tv show, with good characters and feel good stories.