TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through October 29, 2015 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My two favorite characters got killed off,I was hoping the writers would have a way of recycling the actors. Im not on the Colin Hanks band wagon,maybe I need to go back and pay more attention to his nuanced performance since Malvo and Lester were such scene stealers.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No best drama nod for The Emmys?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lakecat... they got the nom under Best Miniseries or Movie.

Acting nods for BBT, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, and Alison Tolman.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Was so glad to see Fargo gets the noms...actually very happy!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh. Thanks. Why is it considered a mini series?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming because it was only 10 episodes, and if it comes back it will have an entirely new cast.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I think they considered American horror story a mini series too. I hope some of the actors come back. Maybe they can come up with enough $$$ to bring back BBT in another role like they did Jessica Lange.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Pre-order Fargo Season One Blu-Ray on Amazon for only $25. , link

Spoton

09-16-2005

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Happy dance! Fargo's new season starts in September. Here is the first trailer and a short article front Vanity Fair.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/07/kirsten-dunst-fargo-season-2-trailer

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
So I heard an interview on EW radio this morning. Fargo will be a "prequel"; Keith Carridine's character when he has just returned from the Vietnam war and starts working for the police department.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Wooo Hooo !!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm so excited... I saw a teaser for Fargo. I think it premieres the first week of October.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
This series begins tonight, Monday the 12th. It looks like it may be a whole new cast and is set in 1979. Should be fun!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Woo Hoo!! Thanks for the reminder.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was finally able to watch my recording. I absolutely loved this show. I was curious how they were going to handle a second season and it was brilliant to go back to 1979 when Molly was a baby and her dad was a cop.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Just watched the season opener! It's going to be good! It's funny, the character I miss the most from last season is grown up Molly!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I read a story over the weekend that pointed out that the actress who plays baby Molly's mother (as well as Ted Danson's character's daughter) had no idea that Danson had been on "Cheers" because she had no idea what "Cheers" was. (!!!) Danson had to explain the show to her and his part in it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
WOW Uncle Ricky!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's so funny she wouldn't know about such a big sitcom, especially since she got her big break on a sitcom. (She ended up being the mother on "How I met Your Mother")

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I agree especially with reruns on Comedy Central, not sure if they have been on lately. Cheers was so funny and in it's heyday I often wished I had been a writer for that show.
Ted Danson has awesome grey hair like big Bill Clinton.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly, he's bald or balding and wears hairpieces. He did when filming Cheers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have a question... is the trucking company in Fargo (owned by the Gerhardts) the same trucking company/family that was in the first season of Fargo?

At some point I became confused and I'm not sure what the typewriter dude has to do with any of this - including the KC mafia.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The trucking company in the first season was Hess and Sons. That may or may not foreshadow the collapse of the Gerhardts, I don't know.

I have to admit to disappointment about what's happened to Jesse Plemons since his portrayal of Todd on the final season of Breaking Bad (or even since his appearance in Oliver Kitterage [sp]). Yeah, he was a horrible, but complex, character in that show, but he had a certain kind of hotness in his sociopathy. Now, he must have gained 70 lbs and lost all of it. Last week, when he was standing in front of the fire shirtless, I was amazed--and not in a good way.

Anyhow, I'm super impressed that Fargo's writer and directors have managed to totally reinvent the show for the second season and, if anything, it's better than the first, at least at the level of writing, direction, and cinematography. The split screens and murky colors of the video are just beautiful, giving a sense of the late 70s without relying on typical tricks like garish colors and outrageous costuming.

I only wish the second season of True Detective would have thought of something half as clever cuz that was a real stinker.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Tishala, I'm glad to see you back with your astute observations. We miss you over at the NFL Pool Game!

I totally agree about Jesse Plemons. And it's strange to see him play such a subservient character after what we saw on BB and Olive Kitteridge.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Mr Uncle_Ricky. But believe me, the football pool is better off without me. I was just terrible last year. I think I'm the sole reason my team didn't win the season. /sad face