TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Gigi Does It (IFC)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Gigi Does It (IFC) users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I tried to start a discussion about this show in the premiere thread, but no one seemed interested. I am starting a thread because I think Gigi may be the funniest show on tv. It's filmed in the same way as Modern Family. The fake documentary style.

It's a sitcom about an older retired widow named Gigi who inherits millions of dollars after her husband passes. She had no idea he had this money hidden because he made them live like paupers.

Gigi hires an assistant and goes on adventures of a lifetime.

The funniest part of this thing is that it's David Krumholtz in total drag playing Gigi. And he said in the interviews that he based the character on his own Grandmother.

You guys, this show is so funny!

Monday nights on IFC.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. I'm going to go look for it now.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The funniest part of this thing is that it's David Krumholtz in total drag playing Gigi.

That seems the craziest thing ever, I almost can't believe it's true!! I've set up a season pass for it, looks like they are showing all episodes so far (Eps 1-4) early on Saturday.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 23, 2015 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was quite disappointed in this show. You could see all the "jokes/bits" coming a mile away. It is an interesting idea but a poor production. Too bad, literally, too bad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 23, 2015 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
awww, Sugar :-(

I really enjoy the show. I think the fact that so much of it is improv makes it so much more fun. Plus the fact that it's just so freaky to watch thinking that's David Krumholtz in there somewhere....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 23, 2015 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was thinking about one of the funniest eps. Gigi decided she wanted to buy a gun, so she and her assistant when to the gun shop together. Gigi had a lesson but then in the parking lot, she accidentally shot her assistant. And then in the diary session she blamed him for getting himself shot since he didn't have his own gun....LOL

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I get a kick out of Gigi! I also love Ricky.

I forgot to post that I watched the first two eps after seeing your post in the other thread. I need to catch up on the latest.

I'm amazed at the makeup. They even did a great job on "her" hands. I don't see David Krumholtz in there at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ricky is the best! One of my favorite parts is when Gigi accidentally shoots Ricky with her new gun, and then in the diary session she said she blames Ricky. If he had had his own gun, he could have prevented it....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 02, 2015 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Gigi was so raunchy tonight that DH and I were truly laughing out loud. Gigi was on a mission to learn more about sex, and oh boy did she...LMAO!

Poor Ricky....hahaha

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Gigi is a mess. Imagine this Gigi meets Madea......hilarious.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: