TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 09, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now this is crazy. I'm not sure what to think.

Lady Gaga to Star in "American Horror Story: Hotel"

http://www.people.com/article/lady-gaga-american-horror-story-hotel-season-five

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
love it!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read that Ben Wollfe passed away from his injuries

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Awww, That's so sad :-(

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That is so sad about Ben Wollfe. A terrible accident.

If anyone is interested, FX is airing all the Haunted House eps this Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Lady Gaga may surprise us and be a very interesting addition.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, July 03, 2015 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here is some more casting information for American Horror Story Hotel...

There is new cast member Lady Gaga, and both Matt Bomer and Chloe Sevigney are coming back (along with most of the regulars except Jessica Lange and I didn't see Lily Rabe's name mentioned either). Oh yeah, both "Dandy" and "Edward Mordrake" from Freak Show are back!

It returns in October, just a little over 3 months from now. Woo Hoo!

[No spoilers - just casting information]

American Horror Story: Hotel
Everything About Season 5

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/American-Horror-Story-Hotel-Cast-An-Updated-List-71347.html

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Won't be the same at all without Jessica Lange!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Season 2 Asylum...I am finally watching it. OMG! it's the best one. Every ep is so intense and scary!

fun fact, the Asylum is the old Santa Ana courthouse. I work across the street from it and walk around it every day at break.

Im going to walk around inside of it this week looking for some of the spots they used. I was off work (for carpal tunnel/surgery) when they filmed there so I didnt get to see them filming. My friend said it was crzy how much they changed the trees and things around the outside. Im thinking what a waste of money, we have only seen the outside a couple times.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the premier this evening? I DVR'd it but did see a little.
Wondering what anyone's thoughts are.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize it was starting.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I am sure it will be shown many times!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Couldn't stomach it. Just not for me.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm still deciding, on what I thought. I dunno.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure what I just saw, but I feel like I saw vampires, aliens, and ghosts.

It looks like the cop's son didn't age in the 5 years since he was kidnapped, so I'm guessing he was made into a vampire, too.

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
First season I can actually watch, umm so far. I liked it a lot

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 1:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Great cast and it looks to be especially twisted this year.

Oh yeah....the biggest surprise for me was seeing Max Greenfield! He plays the very funny Schmidt on "New Girl". I've never seen him in anything except New Girl and recognizing him as that junkie with bleached blond hair was totally unexpected.

Naja, I think you're right about that boy. I noticed a listing for "vampire boy" in the ending credits.

Looks like a fun season....

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty numb to gratuitous violence and sex scenes in film but I thought the sex/rape scenes were pretty graphic. Naja,What character did you deem an alien?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I think that whatever age you die in the hotel, you remain that age and live on in the hotel. Only certain people are "turned" (by Gaga?). There is the drug addiction theme, so maybe the new addiction for those that "live on" in the hotel is blood? I'm not convinced they are your garden variety vampires. lol

I laughed when 'Hotel California' came on at the end...

"you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I love the re-caps at Vulture. Brian Moylan is so funny. Check this out for a bit of a laugh...

http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/american-horror-story-recap-season-5-episode-1.html

I agree with him that it's going to be about all kinds of addiction this season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I didn't deem anyone an actual alien, but that creature running around the hotel felt alien-like to me.

The more I thought on it, I wasn't very happy with the premiere. On a talk show I was watching, the host said to Lady GaGa that he had seen the premiere, and told her she was an incredible actress. Then I watched for myself and I sure didn't see any incredible acting from her....LOL

I have been so over Lady GaGa for quite awhile now, and she pretty much just makes me roll my eyes anymore.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Okay, can someone give me a "common sense media" type assessment of each season. My teen wants to watch them and I've discouraged. She watched season 1 and seems to have survived, but season 2 kind of freaked her out, so I told her to stop. My impression is that the seasons don't have the same level of creepiness, scariness, perversion,violence. How do they compare?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Asylum was the scariest of all and most disturbing. If she made it thru that Coven and Freak show will be fine for her

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It sounds like she should skip Asylum. She made it through the first season, which was Murder House.
How is season 5 - Hotel?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966 - season five so far (from the first episode): It has lots of sex, some nudity, lots of gore, and lots of drug use, and some murder here and there....but it's very stylishly beautiful (Art Deco).