TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 12, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 12, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I watched it but I was a bit underwhelmed at the pilot. I still think it has potential so I plan to keep watching at this point.

My main issue was that it felt like a typical cheap SYFY channel TV space movie that mostly takes place inside a claustrophobic spaceship's dark steel rooms and corridors. However, they did leave the ship and travel to a planet to do some stuff in the pilot, so if they continue expanding the stories to other worlds and places and don't remain confined to the spaceship set, I'm in.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Karuuna and Sanfran we were talking about Dark Matter in the New Scripted Show's thread. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks Miz... it probably belongs in the Sci Fi thread? I could move the posts later maybe?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sure, thanks!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind Dark Matter either and will keep watching although the second episode seemed to have than a few echoes of Firefly, one of the best shows to ever have been on TV. The comparison and contrast between the two makes me a little sad.

How about Killjoys? Premiere was enjoyable enough, will see how it unfolds. I usually find the first couple episodes to be a bit lacking since they need to devote so much time to the explanation of plot and characters, so I tend to lower the goalpost when it comes to judgement.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I liked both well enough to keep watching.

Reminder: The Last Ship returns tonight.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sharknado 3 anyone?

I miss the badly clever tweets of the first one.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm dvr'ing it. The Sharknado movies are family movies here, lol.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I can't wait, I have to watch it at 11pm, but I am currently watching #2.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kappy....

Wil Wheaton ‏@wilw · 46m46 minutes ago
The story they managed to squeeze in among the product placements in #Sharknado3 is as silly and entertaining as I hoped. 3 of 5 chainsaws.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ah, I am too crazy following news today, seems quite nuts today, The will repeat it and I will read the tweets then, But, heck if I can watch Zoo, I can watch Sharknado.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Woman gives birth while being trapped inside of shark that is dropping from space to earth with no parachute and not only lives through it but comes out with make-up intact and her stomach gone.

Only on SyFY!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, Kappy, I cracked up when the baby came out first!!

EntertainmentTonight ‏@etnow · 10h10 hours ago
We ranked the 13 craziest celebrity cameos from #Sharknado3! http://et.tv/1ImJu6d

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello · 2h2 hours ago
#Sharknado3: 44% of readers gave it an "A"... 22% gave it an "F" http://tvline.com/2015/07/22/sharknado-3-oh-hell-no-review-quotes/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO...I can't believe that the are already working on 4...
Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello · 1h1 hour ago
SHARKNADO 4 Is Coming! But What's the Big Twist? And Will Tara Reid Return? http://tvline.com/2015/07/23/sharknado-4-ordered-syfy/ … via @MattMitovich

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha...Ryan Reynolds ‏@VancityReynolds · 22m22 minutes ago
I wonder if sharks are huddled up underwater, scared shitless while watching Human Week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tony Hicks ‏@tonyhicks67 · 17m17 minutes ago
To kill (Tara Reid), or not to kill (Tara Reid)? @SharknadoSyfy @TaraReid #TaraReid #Sharknado3 http://fb.me/4J2jcq7nB

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Spoiler ALERT ahead . . Is it really a spoiler if we get to vote? Oh heck - It's already aired!

If falling from space didn't crush her, what's a little 25 foot piece of space shuttle going to do to her?!

Is that crunch you hear Tara Reid or the sound of her bionic saw cutting up the space shuttle? You decide.

That crunch sound at the end made me think of a cockroach - you can smash and smash it and it still walks away.

In Sharknado 4, I want to see Mark McGrath hook up with Ann Coulter. He saved her life after all!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My guess for the big twist in #4 is that Tara is an alien. It would explain so many things, wouldn't it?!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
would it explain why she is such a bad actress? Maybe can't identify with human emotions?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Apparently Sharknado 3 will repeat on Saturday at 7pm. Maybe they will do all 3 movies in a row, that would be really fun.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's what they did yesterday, all 3 in a row. I recorded 3, but can't get to watching it until tonight.

I have comcast and I see all 3 Sharknados are also in free on-demand.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Watching a replay and I would like nominate Lucas (Freddie Muniz) for the Medal of Bravery for giving up every one of his limbs literally - one at a time - to save the woman he loved! RIP Lucas.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Continuum has a start date for the USA on Syfy: Friday Sept 11th! Just six episodes to finish the story.

On Canadian Showcase channel the start date is a week earlier, Sept 4th.

It's going to be fun trying not to spoil for each other!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Two scifi shows based on Arthur C Clarke novels are coming up from Syfy this December, and both sound good.

Childhood's End (good guy aliens invade earth) is a "six hour event," Dec 14th through 16th, two hours a night.

The Expanse (space detective case set 200 years in the future) follows Childhood's End on Dec 14th and 15th, then will run weekly.

http://tvline.com/2015/08/12/syfy-childhoods-end-premiere-date-the-expanse/