TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 21, 2015 users admin

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
^^^Yup, I remember him from OZ!

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
How many episodes is the season?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wiki says there will be 13 episodes.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
thanks!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was so interesting tonight how they tied this season in with the Asylum season using Pepper's story. I thought it was a very creative idea. Now we know why they kept her exactly the same for this season, including her name.

And it looks like Elsa did become a TV star, judging by the Life magazine cover.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ohhhhhhhh, now a conversation I ran across online makes sense. I kept wondering why people are predicting the next season will have to do with Aliens. Another thing to tie into Asylum.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 12:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did you see the promos for next time? Neal Patrick Harris is playing a magician working at the Freak Show. In real life, NPH is the president of the Academy of Magical Arts, which operates Hollywood's exclusive Magic Castle Club.

Who else thinks he'll try to saw the "twins" in half on AHS?

So next year is about aliens? I was really hoping for vampires. But hey, this is AHS....they could have both!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yup, those pesky old vampire aliens! Lol

I saw that promo! It said his spouse is in the last episode as well.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I went to see Unbroken and the actor that plays Dandy was in it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just watched 1st ep of Asylum...OMG intense! and I knew the nun from this season was in Asylum but i didnt realize Pepper is also there playing same character!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was thrilled to pieces to see them bring back Jamie Brewer tonight! She is the actress from previous seasons that has Down Syndrome. She was incredible tonight.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I know, I was surprised to see her!

I laughed at the part when the police came to look for Jimmy and Chester begged them to look for Marjorie and Elsa is like "You mean your puppet?" with her accent. It's the little parts that make it good!

Aaaah dum-dum Dell, if only he had seen the light before he killed Ma Petite!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It took me a few minutes to recognize "Marjorie" from the most recent season. So many good actors are "recycled" each season.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Any thoughts on the finale?

I am mixed, I liked how we saw all the characters at the end but I admit Elsa's story didn't do it for me!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they really poured the Elsa story on thick. But when I think about it, I guess they had to in order to make the end feel satisfying.

I thought the rampage was so upsetting. It gave me flashes of things like Columbine.

All in all, I thought it was pretty good.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
There was another interesting character crossover from AHS-Asylum on AHS-Freak Show this season.

Remember a couple of episodes back when they did the back story of Elsa's old friend, Massimo (played by Danny Huston?

In that episode, they showed Massimo being tortured for having saved Elsa after she was mutilated on film. He said he was tortured by a German doctor named "Gruper".

James Cromwell played "Dr Arthur Arden" on AHS-Asylum, but it was revealed during that season that he was actually a Nazi doctor who performed horrible experiments on Jews during the war...and that his real name was "Hans Gruper".

AHS-Asylum - the old Dr Arden (AKA Hans Gruper)
Arden-Gruper
Image from wikia.com

AHS-Asylum - the young "Hans Gruper"
cromwelldude
image from 2.bp.blogspot.com

When I saw the flashback about Massimo this season, I recognized the torturer immediately because he looked so much like a younger James Cromwell (AKA Dr Arden, AKA Hans Gruber).

I just did some extensive online research (google:-)) and discovered that the actor who played the "young Dr Gruper" on both AHS-Asylum and AHS-Freak Show was actor John Cromwell, the son of James Cromwell:
cromwells
image from: tvgirlnet.tumblr.com

I love the way these various seasons of AHS are being slowly woven together to create a much bigger picture. I wonder if all the various crossovers will become a story of its own in the final season of AHS?.....which will hopefully not be very soon.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Jasper mentioned upthread that the partner of Neil Patrick Harris was set to appear on the final episode of AMS-Freak Show.

Yep...his name is David Burtka and he played the role of Michael Beck, husband of Elsa Mars.

David Burtka:
burtka
image from: imdb.com
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3781964/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hated the first half, liked the 2nd
such a cop out to just have 8 characters shot ..they deserved a better send off

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, you rock!!! such cool info!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was racking my brain who he was and where I e seen him,I can always count on you SFJF.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, January 23, 2015 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I have mixed feelings about the finale. As hard as it was to see so many of them blown away by Dandy, it was comforting in a weird way to see them all together again in the everlast. Even though Dandy was such a monster, I hated seeing him go like that for some reason. I think the actor the played him was great.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I was cheering when Amazon Eve was laying it on Dandy. Punching him in the face and tossing him around like a rag doll, then the ummm penis went and shot her.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Not sure what it is about this show, but for some reason I lose interest towards the end of the season. I completely forgot to dvr the episode prior to the finale, and the finale is on my dvr, but I haven't watched it yet. Same thing happened last season and I never bothered to watch the finale.
The only season I really enjoyed and watched all the way through was the first season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is so sad....

The actor that played Meep, Ben Woolf, is in the hospital in critical condition after he was struck in the head by the mirror of a passing SUV.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/20/ameircan-horror-story-ben-woolf-hit-by-car-hospitalized-critical-care/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is a shame.