TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 27, 2015 users admin

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy, you are probably not old enough to remember the original Muppets show in the 1970s. It was very similar to this version and very much geared to adults (but still in a pg way). As an adult back then, I loved the show and its humor. I don't feel they are taking anything away from the kid's show (sesame street) but are adding so that all ages can enjoy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Loved loved LOVED "The Muppet Show"! It was filmed in that fake documentary way like "The Office" and "Modern Family".

Kermit's diary comments about Miss Piggy were priceless! LOL

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
I watched Scream Queens last night. Anyone else catch it? I loved it. Silly, campy fun...plus an intriguing mystery as well. Will definitely be watching next week.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Spoton, I'd bet I'm probably older than you are. I had kids in the 70's and would not call The Muppets show in any way geared to adults. (except perhaps for the old guys in the balcony...they were adult funny). From what I have read this will not be kid friendly. I'll still take a pass.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked Limitless. Didn't love, but liked.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I liked Blindspot. I wanted to like Limitless but did not.

These first weeks of new shows are so hard! I can't dvr everything I would like to check out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have Scream Queens recorded. Wasn't going to but when I saw Leah Michelle was on it and Ryan Murphy is involved I was interested...although if you tell me Ariana Grande is one of the first to die I would be so happy ... LOL!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Rflol I WAS a kid in the 70's and couldn't be bothered staying in the room while my parents watched the Muppets. It was true family fare, pg for kids and skits with the current celebs of the day for the rest.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Roxip--I think you will be a happy camper...lol!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh good -- regarding Scream Queens. Grande was giving me pause. Love Leah Michelle and of course Jaime Curtis.

I tuned into the muppets just because the million moms don't want me to. I didn't see anything inappropriate. I have a hunch they haven't seen the show. The adult humor will go right over kids heads. Things like the dinner with Fozzie the bear and the girl's parent's comments. It was funny.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I did like Limitless, action was fast and special effects just as good as in the movie. It felt a bit like a sequel to the movie (I don't think Bradley Cooper will be seen often enough) on this show but it was a good kick for the premiere episode.

I saw a thread on Minority Report but not on Limitless which I think was better than Minority Report.

Also Blindspot was intriguing enough for me to keep watching.

Next on my pvr future recording are Quantico, Blood and Oil and Code Black.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm not feeling Scream Queens at all. I couldn't get through the two hour premiere. It's too much camp. I guess I don't like horror and camp together. Is it a comedy or a horror? It was too sophomoric. Too bad, because I really wanted to love this.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Watched Castle over Blindspot but would like to see both.

Watched a few minutes of Scream Queens and admit I loved the take on the Ariana character texting with the red devil rather then talking to him while he's standing right in front of her. Text til you drop - literally!

I liked Limitless enough to give it a try for a few more episodes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So is Grande off the show now, I might give it a look.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wanted to like Scream Queens! I agree with Lake, it was just tooo too much.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it! It's what you'd get if American Horror Story and Glee had a baby!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Limitless even though it looks like they used the formula for "Castle" to make it. Just throw in some sci-fi and voila!...Limitless!

A female detective pairs up with a male consultant...a civilian with great deductive reasoning...and she establishes a sublot of wanting to find out the mystery behind the death of her father. Sound familar?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, thats what I was hoping for but ...I dont know something not there for me

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heroes Reborn on tonight! And I'm curious about The Player.

Bearlee

05-18-2005

Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bearlee a private message Print Post    
Is there a possibility we could have a thread for Scream Queens so we can discuss it?

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
Bearlee I just started a thread for Scream Queens.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Heroes Reborn. I wasn't sure if I would but it kept me hooked. And I was so happy to see HRG!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dang I missed it. Figured it's not for me (didn't care for the previous HEROES) but wanted to give it another chance.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to Supergirl... when is that starting or have I missed that too?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I liked blindspot and the player enough to keep watching, as well as Heroes Reborn ... But Quantico definitely is the best so far for new TV - I am engaged in all the characters and want to know ALL their back stories...(the audio cut off on limitless so I have to watch it online later and post in that thread)