TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 05, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: SCORPION : Archive through December 05, 2014 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I generally agree with you Karuuna and I might still in this case too, certainly won't keep me awake at night since there doesn't seem to be any victim in his misadventures except the truth. LOL

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I have watched TV for several decades and I understand the idea of TV being entertaining. However, if they are supposed to be geniuses then I do expect them to be geniuses, not dolts.

I was looking forward to a "smart" show. When I step back and realize that they are not smart, it's just a contrived serial type show, then, it's on the level of meh, not enough to stay on the DVR.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The second episode was much better than the first one. The characters were better, the writing was better and the acting was better.

As far as it being based on a true story it was pretty evident from the start that those claims were pretty specious so it doesn't bother me much to find out it's wonky.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Rissa, you put that very well! I also draw the line where there are victims of someone's misbehavior. That is, besides themselves.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
How are they dolts?

I haven't seen the latest episode but in the 1st episode they admitted to having a combined IQ of 700 but not capable of paying their bills. I took that to mean that even though they are geniuses they seem to lack the "street smarts" to successfully function in society.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Smart people can do stupid things. LOL - Just sayin'. It doesn't make them dolts.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
maybe we should redefine "mentally challenged" :-)

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I also liked the 2nd episode more than the first. I think a lot of people with high IQ's just aren't on the same wave length as "normal" folks. Their minds are totally full of other stuff that if more important to them.

One thing I don't like is that no one has suggested that Walter needs to be in a special school. It's already been determined that he's bored in regular school, so send him some place where he can excel and grow.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, November 14, 2014 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I just started watching this show and I have enjoyed it. I like how they interact with the child.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Sorry I was traveling when you were all challenging my use of the word "dolts." I watched a couple more episodes and I stand by the use of the word. Their stated combined IQ doesn't mean they actually have that IQ.

It's not that they are actually dolts per se, it's that the script has them not using their super smarts in a way that one would expect. The suspending of belief has to be used because they aren't using their super high IQ so there are completely unrealistic things they have to do to solve the issue of each show.

For example, I watch Elementary and Sherlock is obviously someone of high IQ, who doesn't function as society would expect. In my world, where I interact with high IQ persons, we say that they lack common sense, even though they are very smart. That is what I would like to see expanded upon.

I have a child with a very high IQ but who is socially challenged due to being on the high functioning end of the spectrum, living as an Aspie. Once he figures out the social then he can adapt and use it to his advantage. He comes up with ingenious methods to solve problems. I want to see ingenious methods to solve problems on this show. At this point it's been removed from the DVR, so I've given up on it, it just couldn't live up to the pre-show hype, I guess.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was going to say perhaps aspbergers, but not all geniuses are challenged like that, some are very social adequate. I like Sherlock and Elementary and Perception,not so much this show.

But part of why I don't like it is apparently driven by the guy it is supposed to be based on who loves himself no end, if he is influencing the writers or dazzling them with the fiction of his life, it is just too Walter-centric and the character Walter is just too annoying. And I like science fiction and have known strange geniuses and people who falsely claimed to be geniuses in real life and one really normal guy who just could master all things easily, was filthy rich from his inventions/solutions, but was more interested in his children than being famous. Actually obsessed, with his children as the ever changing creatures that could never be solved where before he was obsessed by work. Example - At one point and Israeli plant hired him to find the weak points in their security, after an hour, he told them to not have people hold the door open for the next person - duh. everyone had to go through the door security alone.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I quite like the show if I ignore the things that defy reality (like now they've suddenly turned into action stars) and I enjoy it on that level, but I also have a lot of criticisms if I think too much about it.

I actually find the main guy the most acceptable, in the sense that I can just go with it that he's good at absolutely everything and that's the story. The maths guy bugs me a little, in that they've made the non-socially adept part of him into some "funny" caricature, rather than the awkwardness that would more likely be there. The engineering genius woman is just "what?" How can you be a genius at soldering?! Not that soldering is engineering, it isn't, but that's what they seem to make her do. And the body language reading guy as well... I mean someone can be extremely perceptive but I don't know if that's a high IQ thing or not, doesn't seem like it to me. But what do I know.

Anyway, I roll with it, and it entertains me. Try to think too much and it's got too many holes.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Very few shows are believable. Actually, how many TV shows or movies could/would/do happen in real life? Even the shows and movies that depict real events are mostly made up. How do we know what happened, what people say, what people do as a plane goes down or a ship sinks or a platoon is attacked? Do lawyers really get away with what we are shown? Do doctors spend most of their time in the break room doin' the nasty?

I just sit back and let them entertain me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like it too. I don't analyze it too much, just nice to see characters that I find likable who would normally be outcasts do well.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Count me in as a fan. Fun show to watch on a Monday after being thrown back into the work week.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Could anybody tell me what happened in the last 15 minutes of the episode when they went to Bosnia?

I taped it and the last 15 minutes were cut off.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I have it on my DVR, but you can watch it here:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/scorpion/video/B77AEEAC-9413-6791-A69C-DEFA99E97A8D/scorpion-talismans/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Love this show!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Mamapors.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Your welcome Dogdoc. I hope it works for you. I have not watched it yet or I would just tell you :-)

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Everyone is likable on this show even (kindasorta) the ex hubby and dad to the little boy. The storylines may be far fetched but the characters make up for the strechy storylines.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was glad they made the ex a nice guy. Just because they didn't work out doesn't mean he has to be a baddie.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 05, 2014 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Didn't the father take off again after he got a baseball job in another state?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 05, 2014 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure he has taken off again...the plot line is that he thinks if he gets the job he will take his son and Paige with him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 05, 2014 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, I forgot about that....but I think Paige and the son can't leave without changing the entire character of show. The father will go alone if they don't choose to go with him.