TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 20, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 20, 2015 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good point on having supplies ready. I'd have thought they'd all secretly have been excited, as well as a little fearful, and really started planning ahead.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I watched the 5 min clip of Fear the Walking Dead... and from the watching TWD... why doesn't anyone (on the show) refer to the walkers as zombies? I've always wondered that?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No, none of them use the zombie word. The explanation was given early on during Talking Dead. This show takes place in a world where no one ever heard of zombies. There was no such thing as zombies in movies or books, so of course no one knows the word zombie.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first episode for I think the 6th or 7th time. It really was good. Rick was so great in those openers when he had just woken up. If that episode alone doesn't keep hooking people I dunno. (It was so nice to see Dale again.) And my goodness baby Carl! I keep forgetting 5 real years have gone by.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I tried for ages to get a friend into Walking Dead, and in the end this summer simply bought season one and two dvds for him, thinking it was for his own good ;). He couldn't get into it! I just don't understand how - if you don't mind the gore, I get that might be an issue for some - someone can not get obsessed by this show!

His wife on the other is now desperate for the season 5 dvds to come out, having caught up with all seasons before that within a couple of months! I always knew she was the sensible one!

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Technically the walkers/biters/rotters/etc. would be classified as ghouls not zombies. Real zombies are the product of drugging a person to appear dead then digging them up to be your slave, as is the Haiti Voodoo tradition. Voodoo zombies are not flesh eaters (or at least not people eaters). The whole reason zombies and ghouls became mixed up was due to George A Ramaro's (might not be spelled right) movie "Night of the Living Dead". However if you watch that movie, I don't believe they ever say zombies either. It's somewhat confusing.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Finally got caught up with you guys. So the only notable death was Deeannas husband and Pete?
I have a question about Morgan. The last we saw him a couple of seasons back he was a crumpled mess who had a mental breakdown. How did he get so strong and back to normal?
I wonder who will die in episode 1 of season 6. The writers always seem to take the popular characters. Hopefully none of the originals. Any of Abrahams Gang can go or the preacher.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We don't know how Morgan recovered, last we saw of him before this season was the episode you mentioned, were he was crazy and had built his own camp. Maybe it just took time. According to my "ish" style timeline it was approx Day 261 when the gang met him at his camp, and Day 477 when he was first seen at the beginning of Season 5, following the Terminus signs. So he had about seven months to pull himself together.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree I wont care if any of Abraham/gang dies. Everyone says they will riot if Darryl dies..my riot will be if Glenn dies. He is my fav. I love him and Maggie's storyline.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My fav is Carol but I like all of the originals. I thought Glen was a goner this last episode.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Last week on the TD special, the writers said Morgan change will get told this season sometime.

Also, I would really really like to see the preacher die a slow and agonizing death for him turning on Rick and his gang after all the help they gave him..... Good ridden to him or Eugene, Abe and his girl - they are boring characters and not really likable to me.

Oh yeah , along with the preachers slow and agonizing death, I'd like to see the guy who tried to kill Glen and caused Noah's death added to that

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh yeah forgot about the preacher and his weak ass. I want him gone more than anyone! and also agree about wanting that loser that dared tried to hurt my Glenn to die too. LOL I just rewatched the season and I forgot about those parts.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ps Lost, I adore Carol...esp this season's Carol, she has cracked me up with her little susie homemaker act.

There are some great memes out there with Carol and her cookies LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think you meant Lake not Lost on Carol. Stepford Carol.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been watching the first couple of the seasons of the show, and the gang are now at Hershel's farm. Hershel tells them he lost his wife and someone else "in the epidemic." I never noticed that before. I presume "the epidemic" is the "flu" we're seeing in FearTWD.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I have been rewatching as well and noticed the CDC guy saying that it's day 194 since Wildfire was declared and 63 days since the disease abruptly went global.

So, with Fear the Walking Dead, I am assuming since the cops know what's up that Wildfire has already been declared and we are getting ready to see it go global.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Wildfire was a CDC thing, and might not be known to the other authorities. I think it's already gone global in FearTWD because that's how the people are turning, they're already infected. And probably what the "flu" thing is too.

Also they said it was set in the four to five week period when Rick was in a come, which puts it within the 63 days since it went global.

I think it started with such madness in LA because of the population density. If you lived somewhere rural in Georgia, like Hershel's farm, and no one around you died from the "epidemic"/"flu" you wouldn't necessary know what was happening, except for those infamous few stories on the news.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Lake, yes! I meant you and LOL at Stepford Carol Perfect!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the last of season 5 again. I swear if I could I'd start at season 1 all over. October 11 can't come soon enough. And the previews during the reruns on AMC, wow! I can't wait.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We've just watched season one and have so far got to Barnageddon in season two. We rewatched them earlier on, but to see them again now we know so much about the characters, and care so much about them is another thing altogether. At the time I was only just warming to Darryl, but now I see his heart long before I noticed it first time round. And I forgot how annoying Maggie was at first! And Hershel was just a curmudgeon.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ditto Kitt. I loved revisiting every season again (and again and again). I rewatch just before each new season starts and I find it just as good if not better each time. Even seeing and feeling new things. And all those little things you forget. Like Darryl and his chopracuda and his walkabout experience looking for Sophie.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ITA! I watched season 1 - 5 over the last month. I agree its actually better watching now cuz I love them so much! and watching Carol's transformation is amazing.
I had forgotten what a little hot to trot girl Maggie was at first lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I just watched the Randall episode. Shane tells Rick that there were just a few crazy stories on the news, then two weeks later was when he went to the hospital for Rick and found the police/army shooting people in the corridors. It happened that quick. Gotta feel sorry for them on FearTWD!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Something else that just occurred to me on re-watching. We've been saying the FearTWD people knew pretty early on that you didn't have to be bitten to turn after death, whereas no one seemed to know on TWD... well Hershel and his family knew!

Hershel said his wife and stepson died in "the epidemic" (which I mentioned above) but later on they are in the barn, so they obviously died of (somewhat) natural causes, must have turned before Hershel was able to bury them, so they put them in the barn! For some reason no one in Rick's group knew but Hershel's family did, they just didn't mention it, and it wasn't until Randall and Shane that Rick's group found out for sure.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ricks group was pretty isolated though and I guess if you hadn't seen it happen it would be hard to believe. I can't remember the timeline of when Rick confirmed to them what Jenner told him. Maybe Hershel thought that particular flu caused it?

I don't know that the Fear people know that yet. They don't know that Susan hadn't been bitten or the neighbour. No inspection for bites or scratches. ??? The principal had something in his back. The only one who they saw reanimate up close and personal was Nicks dealer and they still may think this flu caused it. Time will tell. Or because LA is so populated maybe they were exposed to the "how's" earlier. Where Rick et al are seems more rural and if the tv and radio collapsed early......just a thought. Feel free to disabuse me of it, I love all the theories, timelines and thought process from everyone.