TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 20, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Emmy Awards: Archive through September 20, 2015 users admin

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Starting this thread early, because I want people to be aware that the Emmys are on a different day this year, so it will be this Monday, August 25 at 8 PM, as opposed to Sunday. They are holding it early in the season and on a Monday because of football evidently.

There will be a special tribute to Robin Williams by Billy Crystal.

Also, I am wondering if there is any way to see the show other than live Monday night. I was rather distressed when I realized it was going to be on Monday rather than Sunday, because I am tied up part of Monday evening, not sure when I will get out. I only have my old VCR, and do not really want to create another tape, no DVD, so do I have any options here in seeing a delayed version? Any suggestions appreciated, thank you.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Maybe hulu or youtube or the official emmy site.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
im so pissed they are on Monday!!! I used to love watching all the preshow stuff! and its one of the few times I could watch live with east coast since they showed them at 5pm here. wonder why they moved to mon grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I hate the move to Monday also. Sunday is such a relaxing night to watch. The reports say it's due to avoid conflicting with football (note there is a football game on Sun 8/24 and I think a possible VMA award conflict was also mentioned? In any case, it's a shame.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
No one watching??

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm watching. Don't like that it's on Monday night. Horrible choice. But I'm thrilled to see Breaking Bad grab some Emmy's. Fargo too!

And I think the funniest bit was Jimmy Kimmel giving Matthew Mcconaughey a hard time. I was laughing so hard it made my very quiet dog start barking at me.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
If I didn't already think Billy Crystal was a genius I would now. Beautiful tribute to Robin Williams.

Loved the play back and forth between Brian Cranston and Julia Louis Dreyfuss!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, really nice tribute. Crystal really is something special himself.

And yes, Cranston is a comic genius as is Julie Louis Dreyfuss. Such talent.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love that Breaking Bad won most of the big ones tonight.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I miss Ellen. she really made last year's Emmys fun!

Here's irony...guess who gave the tribute to comic legend Jonathan Winters last year? yep Robin..who woulda guessed he would not live to see the next Emmys!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 3:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Of what I caught, and because of it being Monday, it was bits here and there, I give the gold star to the "In Memorium" segment but not much else. And thank you above for reminding me of Ellen hosting last year...she was great!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
the ONLY part i got to see was the tribute and boy am i happy i got those few minutes - yes, Billy Crystal is pretty special himself!!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Beautiful "In Memoriam" this year. We sure lost a lot of great ones though; I was choked up before Billy even started talking...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Ellen did Oscars not emmys!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think the song alone that was sung during the memoriam had me tearing up almost immediately. But yes, so many good ones.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Pamy, actually Ellen did the Emmys first, right after 9/11. She was great as usual and helped everyone laugh again.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
For those of you who missed it, this Billy Eichner/Seth Meyers clip was, by far, the funniest part of the whole show. I dare you not to laugh!

http://time.com/3179533/emmys-2014-billy-eichner-seth-meyers-billy-on-the-street/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
aahhh that's right NYeratheart!!!

UncleRicky, that was the best part of the show! LOL that and Elaine and Tim Whatley's make out session LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Take your pick... taping Big Brother while trying to also tape the Emmy Awards on Sunday, all competing with Sunday Night Football...

Then get ready, set... fast forward... stop, play, fast forward... here we go again.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
My favorite time of year...award season. But tomorrow definitely is a busy one!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I always feel discouraged that the major network shows so rarely win anything. I guess the implication is that the networks produce low quality material for the general public's consumption.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Crossing my fingers for Tatiana Maslany tonight. I would also love it if Tituss Burgess took home the comedy supporting actor. He is a hoot. Oh, Amy Schumer winning would be great too. I'm rambling.

Uncle Ricky, I re-watched that Seth Meyers/Billy Eichner clip. I just love it! Ha!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
JON HAMM!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Crossing my fingers for Tatiana Maslany!

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
Me too, Naja! She's why I'm watching.

My complaint about the Emmys: the same actors win year after year for the same role. I guess that makes sense, but it's kind of boring.