TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 14, 2015 users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Regarding the knife...I was cracking up when he went to stab the zombie and his knife grazed off the side of it's head. That was so funny.

Now what else cracked me up was the inconsistency in the editing department. When the brother had the seizure and the sister was in the clean up she took her gloves off. Then they pan back and once again she is taking her gloves off. How were they on again to take off?? I caught that one haha!

I am liking this show so don't get me wrong. I am yelling at the the characters to get it together. Mom just tell that brat daughter what is going on please. So I am understanding no new show next week. Bummer Well I will just watch again what I have.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy, the son reminds me of young Keanu Reeves in "Parenthood" or "Bill & Ted's Excellent Journey".

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh yes, he is 'most excellent'!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Don't forget!! The big marathon is on today (right now) don't blink because you might miss it, being the marathon consists of only 2 episodes! Lol

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Thank you HSKRFAN for the reminder that most of us watching are 'smarter' than the people on the show, we know a few things they don't. I was watching the scene in the school with Artie and I kept going, aim for his head people! lol.

I loved the scene where Madison keeps her daughter from running out the door to help the neighbor lady across the street, and stands with her back to the door, knowing full well that neighbor lady is probably being killed right now. Amazing how quickly people can suddenly realize this is not life as we knew it, and we are in full on survival mode now.

I really like it so far.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Who do we think shot the principal? appears he never left the school, so who is in there with a gun?

Also, the showed the cops stocking up on water, so I assume law enforcement knows more than the public knows.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Who do we think shot the principal?"

Did they say he had been shot? If so, I totally missed it. I never thought he'd been shot...I just figured he'd been attacked and bitten a few times by a hungry walker. Maddie and Tobias were attacked by the principal the day after she last saw him at the school, right? That's plenty enough time for a walker bite to kill a person and cause them to turn.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
From what I remember, the principal had a wound on his shoulder... I think he was bitten and turned.

And yeah... the police know more than they are letting on. Noticed at the protest scene where the body of the homeless man was covered and a walker was approaching the crowd/police... the police fired, aiming for her head. She was shot through the eye. The mother of the teenager was looking at the body of the homeless guy when his sheet blew back revealing he had been shot in the eye as well. That is when she decided it was time for them to get the heck out of there... something was happening. I also got the impression that her training has to do with medicine somehow.

Wonder WHO the first "main" character is that will turn??? You've got the mother, her 2 children, the boyfriend, his ex, and their son. My money is on the ex-wife. Doubtful all 3 add'l people that are in the barber shop with them survive when they have to flee the safety of their shop.

I would like to see more of the news coverage... I wonder how much it has spread. Are the "authorities" (whoever that is) going to issue PSAs warning the public???

It is easy to see why it spread so fast in a large city.

Looking forward to seeing the mother try to explain to her daughter what is happening.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a bite too. Everyone went home from school and then the Principal stayed to close up, and it was later that evening (I think) that Maddie and Tobias came back. It's very likely a walker could have come in before everything was locked, or a sick and dying student was left behind (say in one of the toilets) after everyone went home or that he went out for some fresh air and was bitten. If the walker who attacked him was in the school then he could have bashed them with something and killed them, so that's why we only see the turned Principal. I see plenty of ways it could have happened.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Two of my friends said the wound appears to be a shot in the back...maybe they suck and totally got it wrong! LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
didnt the cops shoot someone in the eye and they kept coming at them?

but they did make a point of showing that corpse shot in the eye

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 11, 2015 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think they were body shots... then someone shot the walker in the head and that brought them down. So the police have been able to piece together enough information that head shots will stop them.

It would interesting if, at some point, the main characters meet up with a cop or other first responder... and they are able to get their perspective of the events.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I really wish there was a talking dead.....😞

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know how much there is to talk about yet, although I always welcome more Chris Hardwick.

I'm a bit nervous that the Barber is going to be trouble at some point. And clearly his wife (Griselda I think) is going to be trouble but only because she's going to need medical attention, or might die and turn.

I thought they did Susan, the neighbour, really well. And the discussion between Maddie and Travis about what was the right thing to do to help her - kill her to put her out of her misery or leave her in case someone can help her at a later date. Pretty heartbreaking if it was someone you cared about.

And interesting the army at the end didn't know how people were infected, even though I should think some sort of government people do by now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It would tick me off right now to have another Sunday show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Every day's going to be like that soon, I think I have 8 hours of shows recording on Monday once the season starts .

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really like this show! This was only episode three but the character development has been done well so far and they are already in the thick of it. The suspense is jarring, especially since I understand more of what's going on than most of the characters. I'm surprised that Maddie has accepted what's happening but Travis is still in denial, Unfortunately, it seems the one with the most sense in this situation is Nick, the junkie.

I get anxious every time one of them runs out of the house for something and just leaves the door wide open. I always think, "NOOOOO! Don't they know how dangerous that is???"...followed by..."Oh yeah, they don't."

Seeing their friends and neighbors succumbing to this plague before the family has even grasped the seriousness of it was really impactful. In TWD, Rick was never faced with seeing friends and family turning into monsters....he found Morgan and was clued in on the first day.

I knew that dog was toast...he hadn't been a major character and we all expected that someone in the family would become walker-food pretty soon. Too bad it was the dog...I was kind of hoping for a pet dog as an ongoing character in this spinoff.

When (if) they get to their place "in the desert" I'm wondering if it will be too dangerous and they have to keep traveling East. If they do, in a couple of seasons or so, they could bump into Rick's group! :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The thing is, The mother and Travis have already seen what happens with the 'dead' from when they found the son's friend and they've seen other 'dead' people eating live people. The mother chooses not to tell the daughter what she's seen when it's obviously becoming pretty dang important that everyone share whatever information they have with others. They've seen the woman across the street attacked by the other neighbor. And yet when gunshots are heard in their neighborhood, they still continue to leave doors wide open. Seriously? And suddenly, Travis is going to go back to being a pacifist?

At this point, I'm thinking this is poorly written and yet I know I will tune for another episode or two to see if it gets better simply because I love the WD.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm also assuming they're in the LA region and know how large and vast it is so how come the military pops into their neighborhood in such large numbers? Are they are ground zero?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I just freak whenever one of the adults sees a walker, they run right up to it, getting close to its teeth! They cannot absorb the fact that these are not people anymore.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's poorly written... Maybe it's that the characters aren't behaving the way we think they should. We're trying to project OUR knowledge of the WD onto them. I have to take a breath and realize they are into the first few days of the outbreak... How fast would any of us be able to adapt to the situation? Perhaps these characters are under the delusion that life is eventually going to get back to normal... and we all know it's not.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think so. Travis told Maddie that she shouldn't put down Susan the neighbour because she might be able to be saved. And I'm sure her husband hugged her because he just couldn't believe she would harm him, in any state. Of course seconds later the army shot her and ruined both of those moments, but I think that's where "normal" people are right now, just thinking it can't be true.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I like Papa the barber and cant stand Travis!

I did LOL when travis said Morning Susan...so I wondered if I was the only one and sure enough it was trending on twitter LOL!

this ep was the best of the 3 but still not totally in love with this show

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
another LOL moment...the neighbor is probably being eaten across the street! what should we do??!!!

play monopoly! hahaa

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think it was more a game of "distract the kids" than "play monopoly"! :-)

I like all these characters now....as characters in this particular series...although I might not want to live next door to a couple of them. They still bring a great dynamic to the WD world that I've already grown to love (and fear) over the past 5 years.

I'm happy to finally see what was going on in a totally different part of the country with a very different set of characters. Seeing how it all fell apart in L.A. is great. To tell you the truth, as much as I love WD, I am getting kinda tired of seeing them run back and forth in the same woods in almost every episode for the past 5 years.

I understand that Maddie has already seen and been up close and personal with hungry walkers so I know why she understands it....but when the series first started, I had her pegged as completely different than she's turning out to be. When we first met Maddie, I really expected her to be the one that would refuse to see what was happening. Heck, she caught a kid with a knife at school and figured it was best to just talk it out! I had expected that kind of "diplomatic" attitude to be one of her faults that would prove to be very dangerous in this world. She just really didn't seem to be the type of woman that would want to beat her neighbor/babysitter in the head with a ball peen hammer! And I thought that Travis was going to be a loose cannon that would go overboard when he took charge because he has three kids, a girlfriend and an ex wife to protect...but he has shown himself to be the exact opposite. Those were my initial impressions of them so that's why I was surprised at how they are dealing with this mayhem in the first couple of days of the apocaplypse. I expect them to change and grow just the TWD characters have, but they may grow in different ways because they are very different people whose life experiences have been a lot different than our TWD friends who mostly came from a small town in the south.

I hate that FTWD already half over...but at least we'll have TWD back in about 3 1/2 weeks. :-)