TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 31, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 31, 2015 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I found it slow too. It seems to me that this could only be a one season show ALA The Asrtonauts Wives. One can only stretch out 45 days so much. I want to see more of The character Liza. The actress is on Orange is Tbe New Blck.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's definitely two seasons, this season of six episodes then 15 more will air in 2016.

I think there are plenty of stories, partly because we're in such a different part of the "apocalypse" compared to TWD. What would you do if society was falling down around you? What would the government do? Would you trust them or run to the countryside? By the time TWD started these big issues were already decided.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
True, I guess one day could last through several episodes with different story lines and sub plots.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
isnt 6 seasons of WD only about 2 yrs?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It doesn't look like its even on next week - just rerunning the first 2 epis?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We've only had one (90 minute) episode so far, so they're rerunning Ep1 but then Ep2 (60 minute) is new.

The five seasons we've had of the original TWD is about a year and a half.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, but next Sunday there are no new episodes on my DVR. :-) Just repeats of 1 and 2.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh sorry, next week, I misread. Yes, looks like it. I guess it's because it's Labor Day weekend.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, good point!

I guess the "next" is confusing, sorry about that!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this show frustrates me! they see the boyfriend has injury to his neck and the first thing they say is "you've been bit?" and then dont ask by what/who? and how the hell do they even think to ask you have been bit when they have no clue whats going on!!???

and they film this show like a B horror film. The way she walked into the school all slow and sketchy...just walk directly to the nurse office for the meds and get out of there...the slow turns, the billowing music UGHHHH!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they asked if he'd been bitten because it looked like a bite, but yes, I was also shouting for them to ask "by what?" I think they knew (from Calvin trying to bite Madison) and just didn't want to face hearing it again.

And Artie went from ok at the beginning of the show (which I think was meant to be a continuation from last week's show, so just after the end of the school day) to walker by the time Madison and Tobias met him later that night, but before dark. I don't think he could have died of the "flu" in that time, so was he bitten too?

I wish Tobias had stuck with Madison. Hope he meets up with them again later.

I don't mind the filming style. I am still finding it holds my attention and builds tension.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Artie had a blood streak down his back, so maybe he was bit but by who?

I still feel they are taking too long to tell a story. This ep was more exciting than the first, so i have hope by #3 I will not be so irritated LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The thing is, what they're showing is the story, at least for this season. It's about the slow downfall of Los Angeles and how this family (presumably) survive it. A family drama but in unusual circumstances. They've said all along they're filling in the bit of the story they missed with TWD, where everything went from hunky dory to walkers on every corner.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed the show. There are a few things that bug me but I overlook them.

a) From what I understand when the "virus" first began it was from people getting bit. Calvin was not bit, he turned after he died and rather quickly.

b) The pacing bothers me. One minute they are in full panic mode. Lady calls daughter.. pack what you need, pack some food, we are leaving, we will be home in 10 minutes!!! to getting home, puttering around, going to the school etc.

What i took away from the show last night is to watch what the police are doing. If they start packing up and getting supplies... the end is near.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Right from the beginning when anyone died of anything they turned, just our main gang on TWD didn't realise it. I guess if things happened quickly at the beginning most of the deaths they saw were due to walkers, so it made sense to assume that's what caused it.

So it is consistent, just more obvious here because the natural/accidental death to death by walker ratio is much higher. Remember many people, like the family opposite with the bouncy castle, haven't seen anything first hand, and are going off the strange stories on the news, so won't know the whole story until it gets closer to home.

The other part, yeah, but I think when everything around you is changing so wildly you're going to make plans and then have to change them with new information. So it hasn't bugged me. But why there aren't four "go bags" near the door and a big sack of food and water ready to take I don't know!

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Just my two cents. The characters know nothing yet. Those who have watched the Walking Dead know more. So if something "bugs" me I try to remember, I know more than they do.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Agreed. How well would ANY of us act in those circumstances with ZERO knowledge of what is REALLY happening.

How would I act/react if a member of my family "turned"...

I understand the need for go-bags... but everything has gone downhill overnight. It was the night before that they saw the news cast and only that morning that Calvin turned and tried to bite/kill them. I think they are behaving appropriately considering really don't understand what is happening. They've made it home... plan to go to the desert... gather rest of family/loved ones.

These people are screwed!!! They are in the middle of large city... no knowledge of what they are dealing with... others and neighbors are turning at an alarming rate... they have no weapons to defend themselves and kill walkers...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm still loving this show. Maddie (the mom) has already adapted enough for me to like the character a lot more than I did in episode one. She seemed a bit too serious in the premiere episode but now she's starting to understand....and she's adapting quickly. She's already made her first kill and she's starting to realize what they're up against.

I don't get how this can be considered unexciting at all. The characters are believable and we know that their predicament is a lot worse than they realize but they are only just now starting to realize how bad it is. The suspension keeps me on the edge of my seat because they actually can walk around outside without being immediately attacked by walkers....but *I* still cringe every time someone is seen not being hyper vigilant either out in the open or entering a building! I was scared to death when the daughter was seeing walkers outside the windows of her house and she shining a flashlight out the window! I was thinking "NOOOO....turn OFF all the lights and be quiet!" LOL

I've always wanted to see a bit more "freedom" in the WD Universe. Rick and his group are always in a tight group holed up somewhere (a prison, a church, a town run by a crazy man, an all-you-can-eat cannibal diner, a weird gated community) or they're scattered and wandering in those same woods week in and week out. It wasn't as claustrophobic in season one when they spent some time in Atlanta. A city setting allows a lot more options/possibilities/danger than constant squirrel/walker hunting in the woods.

Fear the Walking Dead is meant to be a character driven show like TWD. The walkers aren't the main focus of either series. The living survivors are. We are so invested in Rick and his group because they've gone through a LOT of changes and we were with them (and had to adjust right along with them) every step of the way. I think the only characters still alive from the first season of TWD are Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl, and Morgan. All the rest were added in season 2 or later.

I think once a character or two in this group on FTWD get eaten, we'll get a lot more attached to the survivors.

It's only the second day(?) in this series at this point...and the story is already moving along a lot faster than I had expected. I'm glad these characters still have at least some leeway to move about the city and avoid walkers at every single turn....but that isn't going to last so they need to get their shit together fast! I'm wondering if they'll find a relatively safe place in the city for awhile or actually make it out of the city to the desert town they talked about. The main character has two families and he's trapped with just one of them (the one he doesn't get much respect from) and can't do anything to help his new family. We don't know if they'll reunite soon or remain apart for the rest of the season.

I am loving all the options they have in FTWD!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I hope they connect with Tobias soon... I really hope he survives!!

I'm with the others who are liking the show and think it the pace of the show is good. All I think about when watching the show is that the people are soooo screwed, they just don't know it yet!!

One day you think your biggest problem is your son's drug addiction... Next day your world is getting turned upside down.

This is what I've always wanted to see... the beginning. How fast did it happen and how fast were people able recognize and adapt. I'm anxious to see how the daughter is going to handle the new reality.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I never saw the walking dead, unless I can catch something from the beginning,I am less likely to watch.
guess I need netflix of something.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I love watching how quickly civilization falls apart. Especially in a city where once you lose electricity and phone, and all the highways out are blocked with crashes and \zombies popping up, you are screwed if you dont think quick. So far this show is good and getting better.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ok, so it was a little bit better than the first episode. But I still agree with this funny or die article about FTD and yet so very true. - LOL

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/3a58b48e2e/the-8-most-ridiculous-things-from-last-night-s-fear-the-walking-dead?_cc=S0t___&_ccid=t0lpdk.ntlzt6

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I crack up that the son hasnt changed from the old man clothes that he stole. He reminds me of a young Johnny Depp. He is my fav and the only character I am invested in at this point

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lost, hahaha that was great!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LMAO re the little knife
Maybe you can assist a zombie who needs to spread peanut butter on an English muffin.