TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Affair

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Affair users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Showtime is now available for streaming -- no cable needed. I've binged on The Affair for the past two days. Just half of episode 10 (last episode of season 1) remaining. What a mess those lives are!! How does anyone write that? All seems plausible.

Don't have to wait long. Season 2 starts on October 4.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, September 07, 2015 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The show is beyond delicious - I can't wait for season two either. That Ruth Wilson is just as amazing on this show as she was on "Luther."

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I love this show. It has its slow parts, but otherwise it's really good.

Ruth Wilson is so gorgeous, it's hard not to get lost in her face and then lose track of what's going on for a moment or two.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Ruth Wilson is so gorgeous, it's hard not to get lost in her face and then lose track of what's going on for a moment or two.

True!!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Not sure if I'm going to love the 4 perspectives or not. I really enjoyed picking apart the 2 perspectives but this is going to require more work.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
This show is such a tasty treat, I always hate it when the hour is up. That screaming-match scene between Noah and his evil mother-in-law was yummy. The actress who plays the E-M-i-L is wonderful!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm a little confused about real time and dream time. Are Noah and Alison now married?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if they are married, but it does seem they have a child together. When the detective came in to the cell to try to get Noah to confess, he said he had a baby at home. Noah's kids with Helen are way past being babies.

Ep 2 is already in ondemand, so maybe there will be some answers there.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja, guess I know what I'll be doing when I get back from dinner.

BTW, I'm new to the show because we've just added Showtime back on our account. I watched all the shows over the weekend and didn't realize that I watched S2E1 before it aired. I like this instant gratification.

One of the differences that stood out to me was that when Noah and Helen came to get Whitney, Alison is on the front porch in all white (looking angelic, from Noah's perspective). Then, when it's Alison's perspective she is in a green top and white skirt. These details are fascinating.

I heard an EW talk radio show discussing things and now I have to go back and check to see if Alison is cooking with the Le Creuset when she is making dinner. Things that don't really matter are so interesting on this show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
One of the differences that stood out to me was that when Noah and Helen came to get Whitney, Alison is on the front porch in all white (looking angelic, from Noah's perspective). Then, when it's Alison's perspective she is in a green top and white skirt. These details are fascinating.

I noticed that too. How can they remember the dress so differently? What about what Noah and maybe Whitney were wearing?

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
She was not using the Le Creuset when cooking, in either perspective.

What is the rule on what is spoiling for this show? Since ep 2 is available online but hasn't been on TV yet is it considered spoiling to discuss what is available?

I'll just say that I found it fascinating what Cole thought she was wearing versus what she thought she was wearing. Ha! Am I going to be obsessed with what they're wearing? I think it really plays to what is going on in their minds.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That hot tub scene in last night's episode was one of the most shocking (and creepiest) scenes of the entire series. Too delicious!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At first I thought it was bartender that kicked Helen and the doctor out of the bar. But when she yelled "Dad", I shrieked!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I saw one episode of this show. I would like it, but I didn't see the first season.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am all caught up now. I am so enjoying this season with the viewpoints of Helen and Cole added. I am really loving Helen. I find it funny that in all of the viewpoints, they all seem to know their flaws and are becoming stronger people. Except Noah. He's a douchebag in all the stories, including his own. And I would lay money on Cole being the actual father of Joanie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I were having a discussion, and we both agreed there isn't a single likable character on the show. When something bad happens to any of them, they pretty much deserve it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just watched the finale. Interesting. Where is the next season going to go?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
So that was the season finale??!! I binged season 1 not too longer before season 2 started. Been watching (streaming) that weekly. When will season 3 air? Is it just annual?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Both seasons have started in October, so I expect it will be Oct 2016 before we see Season 3.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt. Long time.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it's been nearly three years since any of us posted about this great show. I have a feeling I'm only one who still thinks so (or is still watching it).

The past season has been quite a rollercoaster. The finale this past Sunday was delicious, as per usual. But that next-to-last episode of the season! Wow! A shocker of epic proportions - I'm still trying to recover from it. (Next season will be the show's last.)

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I still watch and love it. Bummed how it ended though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They must have thought this was going to be their last season, because this last episode sure played like a series finale.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You all got me worried that it was the series finale (it wasn't, fortunately!). This is from the show's Wikipedia page:

On July 26, 2018, Showtime announced it had renewed the series for a fifth and final season to debut in 2019.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, I knew it was renewed. I was just commenting how the episode felt.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The series finale this past Sunday -- if ONLY all series could have an ending as great as this one was. I'm going to miss this show very much, especially Maura Tierney. I loved her on "ER" and I loved her even more on "The Affair." I can't get over how the writers were able to combine the super sad elements with the uplifting ones by the end of the episode -- very, very impressive.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed The Affair. Haven't watched for a few seasons because I have a hard time waiting a year between seasons. I forget . . . . Maybe start from the beginning. I stopped at the end of either season 2 or 3.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the finale, but throughout the season I wasn't really enjoying the future with Joanie. But I suppose it was necessary in order to bring Noah and Alison's story to an end. Did you notice both Helen and her mother died the same year? 2051. I thought that was interesting. Her mom lived to 100 and probably tormented Helen her entire life. Helen never got a break from her.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Naja, that tidbit was my favorite part of the episode. The actress who played Helen's mother, Kathleen Chalfant, is absolute perfection! Did you know she was nominated for a Tony award -- in her debut on Broadway in "Angels in America" -- for Best Actress in a Featured Role? I sure did love hating her on "The Affair."

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had no idea she's been on Broadway, but I agree she is an awesome actress.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: