TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 28, 2015 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think Chris is having a special Talking Dead tonight- he's been advertising it- going to also have the new twd stuff also

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt. I agree more Chris Hardwick is a good thing!

Lostfan, yes, there is one preceding the premiere of Fear... , but I was wondering if they would have a weekly show. Sounds like not, but maybe next year!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I loved it! Found it really tense because you knew what was starting but the didn't. Hubby thought it was a bit boring.

The son dressed in the old man's clothes was a cross between Rainman and when the alien was in the Edgar suit in Men In Black!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I found it a little boring too. I think they stretched it for the 90 mins. I look fwd to next weeks ep

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I was a little bored as well. I felt like I was missing something. The constant commercials didn't help either. .

I hope next week gives me a reason to like these characters. Truly the commercial for season 6 near the end was the most exciting thing in that 1.5 hrs.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I didn't see the first season of walking dead live, I caught the marathon of season 1 leading up to start of season 2, so I was wondering if they had talking dead season 1?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nope, no Talking Dead after Season 1 of TWD either, it started with Season 2.

Lots of kids didn't make it to school because of a mysterious "flu." Do you all think it was them catching the what we call "walker virus?" The one that means that when everybody dies they turn walker? Maybe it gives them a sort of flu, and with any flu some get it worse than others, and that's how everyone gets it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I would think so. Just like any virus, some people handle this new virus better than others, I gather it kills some people right off like in the case of Gloria. The other patient who died will probably come back in the morgue and unleash on the hospital.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think that kid on the bus has the virus and will turn and then that bus will be filled with walkers

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I liked it. If you compare it to TWD it was a bit slow but since it is telling the story of how it all started it makes sense that it would be. I think as the story progresses it will build momentum as the spread of the infection grows.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I sure hope this gets better, because I'm half way through and it is BORING as heck! Wth

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I also thought it was boring. I'm glad it was the first show I watched last night because no way would I have stayed awake if I had watched it any later.

It never occurred to me so many kids didn't make it to school because they were actually ill with the virus. I figured they were just scared to leave the house after what was shown on the news with the attacks.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting new info if that is the case (if the flu thing is the zombie virus).

On TWD, Jenner at the CDC when he was giving a timeline said "63 days since the disease abruptly went global." That's on Day 5 of the TWD timeline which puts it at 58 days before Rick woke up.

The original interviews with the writers said FearTWD is within the 4-5 week period when Rick was in a coma, (35-28 days before Rick waking up) so basically within about three weeks of the disease going global LA is a mess. You'd think with the international travel around a big city like LA they'd get it earlier, so maybe the disease takes a while to get to the stage of causing you to reanimate when dead. Or maybe they messed up their timelines a bit with what Jenner said ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some could be staying home because of fear (or their parents' fear), but presumably the school knows if kids are getting ill or not.

That Tobias (the paranoid one) looks like he might be coming down with something. Don't know if he's going to be a recurring character or if he's going to be killing people soon!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I am reminded of when I went to a music fest in the 70's. Blue Oyster Cult, Cheap Trick etc played and they rocked the house down, then the headliners came on. It was Heart and they started their first set with "Dog and the Butterfly" and a few quieter songs. We were all so pumped from the other groups that they brought the entire place down. A lot of folks left. We stayed and when they kicked up the pace with Barracuda it was worth the wait. The rest of the concert was rockin.

I kinda feel like this is what is happening with this one. After coming off of Walking Dead, the slow pace of Fear the Walking Dead is losing a few people, but I think if we hold on it will "rock our socks off" too.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was disappointed by this 1st episode.... I'll give it another episode.... I mean I was hooked after 1st episode of TWD.

They need us to want us to care about these characters and I don't .... With only 6 episodes this episode should have been a more powerful story which should have made a bigger impact to bring us in. They didn't do that for me. This episode made me wish the mother would have been bitten. She annoyed me, and she is a main character. 👎👎👎👎

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've never tried the "Story Sync" thing they do, where you can get something online while watching the show. With this week's one, they show a (mock) page from the World Health Organisation to hospitals regarding "Management of the Deceased."

fear who
http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/episodes/season-1/pilot/story-sync/

At the bottom it says there should be no more DNR orders, but if someone does die and can't be taken to a morgue within 15 minutes the corpse must be restrained, and any reanimated remains are a biological hazard!

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Curious if we will see intertwining of characters from this show in future seasons on TWD!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
never saw walking dead,so this is new to me. Why do zombies always walk so slow> you would think that would make them easier to contain. Also how can they walk on broken bones, there has to be some limits - if you blow off a leg, they should not be able to use it, if they are run over, they should have some physical limits.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm easy to please, it kept my interest and I was tense most of the way through, knowing what we know, even though they were in the dark. Hope it hasn't lost any viewers.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sadies, they do have physical limits, for instance if their leg is broken and the joints don't work they will drag it, but as they don't feel pain (presumably, because they're dead) then the things we don't do with an injury just because it hurts would not be off limits to them.

I'm expecting fast zombies. We've only really seen Calvin, and although he just stood there for a bit, when he started lunging he was pretty insistent. I think undamaged (e.g. died of something that doesn't limit their physical gait) zombies will be fast if motivated.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really liked this first episode. I'm trying not to compare it to TWD (this post excluded) because it is a story of its own in a different locale, different people and different kinds of people. We don't know what to expect from this family.

I take it this is a newly formed "blended" family so the dynamics are somewhat raw and they are still in the adjustment period. These guys are teachers, so there's a different POV right off the bat....they aren't cops, like Rick, who already had training in how to deal with dangerous situations, not to mention how to handle weapons.

I think the only reason this is slower than the beginning of TWD is because the outbreak is just now starting. If Rick had never been in a coma, TWD would have had to start at the beginning of the outbreak, too, which would have had a lot less drama and action. The thing is, this is still located in the WD universe, so we know it's going to get gritty and crazy and hellish. We never got a good look at Rick's life before the outbreak....he ate a hamburger, listened to Shane criticize women about leaving the lights on and then they went out on a call where Rick was shot and then it jumped several weeks ahead in time to the outbreak in full swing. I would've hated for them to jump over the initial outbreak in FTWD like they did on TWD. (and like they did on Falling Skies - an alien invasion series that started out a few months after the invasion!)

I still have high expectations for FTWD and so far I haven't been disappointed. I have read that this is a character driven show just like the original so I'm willing to let them set up those characters and wait to see how they deal with how their world has just changed. I think we need to know where these folks are coming from before we see how they learn to adjust to this "new world disorder".

The male lead....can't remember his name, but I have liked him since I first saw him as an EMT named "Rabbit" on the canceled series, "Trauma". He's been very believable in the few things I've seen him in.

The druggie son is pretty interesting....he has already changed after having seen Gloria eating some guy's face off. The mother bugs me a little, but I expect her attitude to change a lot as she learns that "let's talk about it" isn't going to work with Walkers like it does with some of her students! I'd bet that kid with the knife shows up again, too.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I have an impossible time watching the show... both TWD and this one... although I like the storylines and I can't watch because of the gore, suspense, etc. Part of my problem is that it IS too realistic. I watched (mostly) last night because I was curios to see the world before "it" began... all I could think about is...those poor people's lives will never be the same again... and they have zero clue.

I about died last night when the mom's boyfriend went to the church and was calling out names and making SO MUCH noise!!! I couldn't watch!!!! And where did Gloria go???

I will be curious to know just how fast things go bad.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some names, because they might be useful for the next few shows, before they become familiar...

Madison/Maddie - the mother, also a school counselor
Travis - her boyfriend, also school teacher
Nick - Madison's 19 year old drug addicted son
Alicia - Madison's high school age daughter

Travis has recently moved in with the mom and kids. Also

Christopher - Travis's teen son
Liza (as in Minelli) - Travis' ex-wife

those two live together.

Others:

Tobias - the paranoid school kid with the knife
Artie - another teacher

I said earlier that Nick in the old guy's clothes looked like a cross between Rainman in his tan suit and the alien in the Edgar suit in Men In Black, but I've remembered who he really looked like... There was a parody version of Scream called Scary Movie, and the Deputy Dewie character in that moved just like Nick. It's really distracting me!

One of the scariest things for me is that I feel like something like this really could happen. Not the reanimation and zombie part, but there really could be a disease that spreads quickly and suddenly everyone is sick and only a small percentage live through it. Everything could change in literally a few weeks. A movie with Matt Damon called Contagion showed exactly that scenario, and is one to watch (or not watch, if you don't like that sort of thing!).

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
I was struck by how often Nick sort of looked like a zombie from the start, the way he walks and moves. I suspect that's going to serve him well in the future, since he seems to have a survival instinct, contrary to his habit. I'm totally in!