TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Humans: Archive through July 19, 2015 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 3:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching this show about robots that look like humans? Seems to be a British based show. I Think this is going to be a good watch and full of suspense.
I read a positive review in People magazine and set the DVR.}

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
In People magazine 6/29/15 this series plot is described as:

"A frantic English suburban husband hires a "synth" a perfect android designed to be nanny and housekeeper but the beautiful Anita has a stealthy way of turning up in a room that freaks out the missus."

Good and scary !!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I so want to watch this as Tom Britney is in it, but we don't get that channel. Hoping it will show up on Amazon Instant or a youtube channel somewhere.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I liked it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was very good. It reminded me of the movie "AI: Artificial Intelligence".

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Teachmichigan, I didn't know who Tom Britney was so I looked him up to see which character he played on Humans....but on IMDB.COM, the show "Humans" has no Tom Britney listed:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4122068/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

...and on Tom Britney's IMDB page, he has credit for the show "Humans":

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5938631/

Maybe you're thinking of a different show...and hopefuly it's on a channel you get! :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Tom Brittney was who I was thinking of, but not only did I spell his name incorrectly, I got the wrong show! LOL He's in unReal, but I connected him with Humans because of this magazine cover paired with the Tweet. Sorry for the confusion!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, hopefully he'll soon show up on a channel you can access. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) Lifetime puts their shows online, so I'm all set.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this is AMC.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch? I recorded episode 2, but wondering if it's worth it?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's worth it! I think it's my favourite new show (after Mr Robot when downhill abruptly)!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yeah it has some real surprises. And I am getting very fond of Anita.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I'll get epi 1 on Demand then, and keep recording the rest.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you completely captured my exact feelings. Mr. Robot totally deflated, and this show caught fire.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I got caught up on this series last night. I agree with you all - I really like it so far. Anxious to see where they will go with it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Do you all think Anita spoke to the daughter (she said something like she was trapped) just to freak her out? Because from the story so far it doesn't seem like the 'soul' or whatever it is that Anita and the other odd synths have is suppressed, so why would it need to suddenly break out like that?

Or are they hinting at a reason for why these synths are special, like perhaps someone trapped something odd (the memory engram or whatever it is (don't know if 'engram is a real word or a Star Trek word)) from a real human in there?

I was confused.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Anita was plugged into a computer and the daughter was tapping her source code, i.e. digging deeply and could have triggered the outburst.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, but it seems to me that the soul or whatever it is inside Anita is always there, she just acts like a synth. Whereas the outburst seemed more in line with an entity trapped within the synth, who can only take control in certain circumstances.

If the daughter, say, prodded a bit of RAM that loosened Anita's inhibitions, or however it could be described, then why did Anita need to express that she was trapped? She is trapped in her role as a synth, but I didn't think he mind was trapped at all. She is fully aware but just plays along.

I'd have thought she'd be more likely to blurt out something like "I hate it here," or something else that she's not allowed to say as synth.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
There is the trapped in the car when it is underwater, trying to get the person out, but trapped. the doors are locked. the are trapped. perhaps the memory had to be the present by her messing with the code. The second anita was unplugged, she went back to in control synth

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
it seems like Anita can have feelings and is aware that she is more than a Synth, but doesn't have her previous memories. Still just flashes. I thought when the daughter tapped into the code, she tapped into the total recall of those memories and that's when realized completely who she was and begged for help in retaining them. Like she is trapped inside herself.

Every time they plug themselves in at night it reminds me of the grandmother plugging herself in in I Sing The Body Electric.

I feel so bad for William Hurt. It's interesting - and scary - how when the government is in control of the synths, the patient has very little say in governing their own lives.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, she can't access the memories of the car. I thought she knew everything but was just playing the part of a synth, a bit like the blonde prostitute one, because she didn't know what else to do without her friends.

Me too, re William Hurt. Such a sad situation and so very realistic (except for the synth) in may ways.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt realize we had a thread. Im all caught up on this show and love it!

I thought they said they had wiped Anita's memory, I dont think she is as aware as the blonde hooker girl is

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Poor Anita, having to put up with her human

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When synth Karen pulled that bladder from her throat, it reminded me of that David Bowie urban legend....LOL