TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 20, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Orphan Black: Archive through June 20, 2015 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
plus they have the military look, short hair, fatigues. So not much in wardrobe or appearance changes to differentiate. Also less wardrobe to help the actor get into the character before they shoot.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
They already have a lesbian clone (Cosima) and there was that one transgender one last season (a transgender male version of Sarah) whose name I forgot, so I think it's high time they come up with a male clone that happens to be gay for Felix to relate to. I could see him falling for the guy and then having to deal with a dozen more that look exactly the same but who aren't as friendly.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had recorded a horror movie on SYFY channel called "Ginger Snaps II: Unleashed (2003)", and to my surprise, there was a little 13 year old Tatiana! (actress that plays the girl clones). Her hair was dyed the same color as Helena's and she played a little psycho girl in a sanitarium.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody is still awake and catches this, Tatiana is going to be on Late Night with Seth Meyers in about a half an hour. I guess later out in the west.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
In the movie "Woman in Gold" that was released last month, Tatiana plays the younger (1930's) version of Helen Mirren's 1980's character. And speaks German. (Flawlessly, of course.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
She really is amazing.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I knew Helena was going to leave Sara behind! Her and her weird Kafka-esque scorpion. And I liked that Paul found the journal and is questioning now. And what about the infected women? It just never fails to keep me pulled in.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Question:

How many of the male clones are there? It seems like there have only been 5, and 2 of them have already died.

1. There is Mark, who was in love with Gracie in the cult. He was shot by Gracie's mother and he's now in the infirmary in that military compound where they were keeping Helena, right?

2. Helena killed one male clone who was being experimented on (the one with the exposed brain)....unless I got it wrong and that was Mark, but I don't think it was...or was it?

3. There is the one with the big scar across his face who tried to kill Sarah. (Mark is his superior officer.)

4. One male clone was killed by one of his brothers when he suddenly became mentally unstable in the field. I think this happened in the building where Felix's flat is.....and then Sarah and Felix chopped him up in the bath tub and disposed of his body, Right?

5. One male clone brings food to Helena and Sarah...he does not have a scar on his face but he isn't Mark because Mark is incapacitated in the infirmary.

Have there been any others? I can only think of 5 male clones that we've seen altogether. 4 of those 5 were in that military compound where they were keeping Helena and only 3 of those 4 are still alive, by my count.

Of course, they are identical clones, so, for all I know, every time we see one in the military compound, it's a different person with an identical face. The scarfaced clone is the only one I can recognize by just looking at him.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
last year at the end of the show, when Helena was being marched to the plane,I think we saw a lot of them. I have to admit that I was surprised there are not more clones involved in the guarding of Sarah and Helena. someone mentioned other clones who have already died. I think our number of clone exposure is limited because they are not as unique as the females.

as to the clone in the bathtub, was he chopped up or just kept there for his brain extraction and then tossed?

everyone lies to Helena, can't blame her for having trust issues.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"as to the clone in the bathtub, was he chopped up or just kept there for his brain extraction and then tossed?"

I only remembered Felix being freaked out and covered with blood because they were cutting him...I'd totally forgotten they were after his brain!

Now that you mention it, I remember a bunch of clones marching or something in the final moments of last season, too.

I guess it just seems odd to me that we have seen so many different Rachael clones but we see so few soldier clones. I've only seen those 4 (that I listed above) at the military camp (and one of those is dead). They should throw in a shot or two of a dozen of them eating in the mess hall or several of them playing cards or something...just enough to keep the illusion alive. Even Helena seeing the same face every time she peeked around a corner when she was escaping would have helped.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Not Paul!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Mamie.

That was a great episode! I think I need to watch it a second time.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, not as many clones left. Rudy is gone, maybe. and the one with Virginia. - we do need the show to provide a list of them and their names, heh. That was pretty big grenade, wonder how many it took out.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found a wiki page with all the male clones that have been introduced in the show (thus far) listed:

Mark Rollins Unknown
A Prolethean, with a past in the military, extremely loyal to Henrik Johanssen, killing Tomas and twice retrieving Helena under Henrik's orders.

Miller Dead
A male clone that witnesses Helena being forced onto a military plane. He is first credited as Corp. Styles.

Rudy Unknown
A male clone with a large scar on his face (hence called “Scarface” by Orphan Black's executive producer Graeme Manson[19]) that was initially being held in Marion Bowles' house after the failed abduction of Krystal.

Seth Dead
A male clone with a mustache. (Described by Graeme Manson as "a little below Rudy in the pecking order."[20])

Parsons (tagged CTR093 by the Military) Dead
A male clone who is the subject of brutal experiments performed by Dr. Coady and other military supervisors. He remains immobile, restrained in a chair, and the top half of his skull has been removed in order to allow for attachment of electrodes directly to his brain

Abel Johanssen (the baby whose body they dug up) Dead
An infant created by Henrik Johanssen in an effort to have a son from the original Castor DNA stolen from Ethan Duncan.

<snip>

LOTS more info on the male clones (and all the rest of the characters on Orphan Black) at the link:

Scroll down about 80% of the way down the page to the section called "Project Castor".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Orphan_Black_characters

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
whoops Rudy was with the grenade, so he probably survived, it was Miller gone.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
eeeeee - new clone next week.
great story minus all castors.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Ooooh! Rachel escaped. Poor Krystal.

I had to laugh at Helena the flirt.. You have meat on your bone and you are built like a baby ox.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh at "straight" Felix flirting with his sister's clone, the manicurist. I do hope this new clone becomes a regular. Maslany is amazing. When the manicurist smiled, she looked entirely different than all other smiles I've seen on Tatiana Maslany's face!

She deserves an Emmy.

Has any one else recognized Allison old high school boyfriend and current drug dealer? He played Fiona's on again/off again "Jimmy"/"Steve" on the American version of Shameless. (Showtime)

I hate that there are only 2 more eps of Orphan Black's third season. :-(

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
had to laugh at "straight" Felix flirting with his sister's clone

That was great too! I read on Twitter that Tatiana based the Krystal character on a friend of hers. Here is the tweet...

Orphan Black ‏@OrphanBlack · 2h2 hours ago
"Krystal was born from this character that Tat does on her off time, based on a friend of hers." @GraemeManson1

The actor is Justin Chatwin.

I'm bummed about only 2 more eps! I didn't know that. It seems like the season just started. Argh!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did you know Straight Felix is the real Jordan Gavaris? he's actually Canadian, and Felix's British accent is fake, which is pretty remarkable as it's impeccable (unlike Sarah's one which is really bad at times).

I'm getting a bit confused over what Delphine is up to, and how ~bad~ she is and how much she is just trying to get on with the science. And I really hope they were being honest about getting a perfect prosthetic eye for the one eyed clone using the manicurist clone!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here are a couple of great youtubes about Orphan Black.

Orphan Black in 4 minutes
Posted on Feb 23, 2015
(after season 2, but before season 3):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds5z5lVtY-8

Orphan Black - Meet The Clones
Posted on Aug 11, 2013
(after season 1, but before season 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCMLQW-YaAc

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I hope that was a typo and that you really meant:

"And I really hope they were being honest about getting a perfect prosthetic eye for the one eyed clone and they are NOT using the manicurist clone!"

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes Sanfran! And I hope that afterwards they let her go about her life, rather than having her succumb to some "accident." I think Sarah and co will have to rescue her.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OMG - how do they capture me at the season finale every year another clone ending. GD neolutionist - they had to get to Delphine - sheesh,

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But what was with the worm thing?!?!