TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: UNReal starts June1 on Lifetime: Archive through July 07, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I honestly don't know if this fits an existing category.. but I plan to watch tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
From the Bachelorette Thread:

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:09 am New show starts tonight on Lifetime, UnREAL. It's a scripted show about a dating show... Here is an exert from an article about it on Reality Steve's website... I don't think the Bachelor producers care at all who they embarrass or shame...

The cat fighting, the drama, and the manipulation all play a big part in the show, but when you dive deeper into it, there are definitely some more emotional and deep-seated issues within the context of these shows. You’ll see one in future episodes with Rachel and also one of the contestants on the show. Is it healthy? Is it exploitation? Or is it all about ratings and producers don’t care who they embarrass or who they shame to get their end result? You’ll find yourself asking yourselves the same questions as the season rolls along. Can you still attain good TV by not going to these lengths, or, is their behavior justified? UnREAL will take you on that ride every Monday.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, scripted show, so I'm moving it over to that area..

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I like the actresses in the leads so I may continue watching but it's already looking as predictable as a reality show - or maybe that's the point?!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
was it me or did throwing the teddy bear away sort of out of character for the lead?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think she was throwing it off to one of the production staff. This is an interesting show. I wonder how close this is to the truth of what goes on behind the scenes.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing... I would LOVE to know. If this is even remotely close to being realistic then it's a miracle that ANY Bachelors/Bachelorettes have married.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
'UnReal' Co-Creator Sarah Gertrude Shapiro: How I Made It in Hollywood
a bit on the creator, she does indeed seem a bit crazy and obsessed about this time. I wonder how deep she can go on any other topic.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was reading the discussion on previous TV I think one person is saying they were on the bachelor, but either, I can't read or it was cut, but I can't find them saying they were on it, just saying how things run and that they were given a lot to drink and assumed they were talking about being on the show.
here is a link to that thread
http://forums.previously.tv/topic/27190-s01e01-return/

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
The creator, Sarah Gertrude, of UnREAL was a “Bachelor” producer for 9 seasons.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't enjoy it much, at least the one episode I have seen.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I thought it was interesting. But also a bit sad.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Does anyone, besides me, feel less enjoyment in watching the Bachelor shows after watching this show?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Our eyes have been opened, Roblover! After watching this show, this season of The Bachelorette makes a lot more sense.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think it pretty much represents every reality show out there right down to BB and the influence of the DR.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I never really believed the "fairy tale" the producers were trying to sell us... or at least it's been YEARS since I did...

I figured producers had a pretty heavy hand in things... but the stuff that surprised me was all the production around them... the food service and such.

I've read several articles of people who have attended the Women/Men Tell All. It is very interesting to get the other side of the camera perspective. The editing of the show really is what really interests me...

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I was surprised too, Cass_cat, of all the production surrounding the filming. I wonder if the sets are as hectic as they are being portrayed? Think we all have known for a long time the producers orchestrate the drama but still watching it made me a little sad.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I think there is a little bit of dramatization of the reality behind the scenes, but it's purpose is to show how unreal the reality show business really is (pun intended). Yes a lot is "scripted" and manipulated and edited. There is very little reality in some of the shows, a little more in others.
I'm just worried we're getting set up for a fairy tale ending where the Prince falls for the Producer.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Konamouse, after watching Monday's show, I thought the same thing.....Price falls for the Producer....happily ever after.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
then it would be a one season show. anyway, why fall for a man prostitute?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im liking this show way more than I should LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too. Shhhhh!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, me too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I almost gave up this week when the producer tampered with Mary's medication. I have family members who take meds of that type and have actually taken anti-depressants myself for a while (my dad died and my husband left me within six months of each other--it was a very tough time). You just don't mess with someone's meds. It can be fatal. It really upset me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup, I told you that was a bad idea. That woman who tampered with her meds should be up for manslaughter at least!