TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 29, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Under the Dome: TV Show Discussion With No Book Reference: Archive through June 29, 2015 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just now watched the last episodeā€¦and am freezing to death. I need a hot cuppa.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What a finale! I knew they would have to end on a cliffhanger, else how could there be another season, "under the dome".

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Dean Norris was on fire last night! His acting was superb. Now, where in the world is the story going?! Can't wait till next season.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
OMGGGG!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So they're stuck in the tunnel until the new season starts.... LOL

The dead woman who lures them outside... will they follow her?? That's the question. I was actually waiting for Barbie's father to come through the 'red door' but nothing came of it... maybe in the new season.

There is definitely a clash between sci-fi and horror but I hope Spielberg wins over Stephen King... (so far King was winning).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They are not exactly stuck in the tunnel. They can go to the white light and go "home", wherever that is....

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Is Pauline really dead and cremated? How about all the others that are "dead"?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The girl who played Angie is in the new movie, "The Longest Ride." I knew she looked familiar. The show is back June 25.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That was very confusing! Maybe alternate universes?

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
Very very confusing.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
OK, thanks. I thought it was just me.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
Very confusing...Maybe too much trying to happen in one episode?

The girl who plays Norrie is much prettier than I remember. Something is different about her face.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Showing my age here, but this reminds me of the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Instead of seed pods, here it is an egg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This show started with a simple premise and it made a very compelling story.

Now it just feels forced, unnecessarily complicated, and directionless....like they are just writing anything to fill up more TV hours, not to tell a compelling story.

Connies

03-11-2010

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Darn it is all I can say. I really enjoyed this show last year but I was totally confused and lost last night. I am still not sure what I was seeing. Sure hope they get it back under control or they have lost me as a viewer for sure.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Add me to the totally confused. It might have just confused me out of watching the dome anymore.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
If they end up in a church waiting for each other to enter the light, I'm really going to be mad.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Rflol Mamabatsy, I was thinking the same thing but your economy of words beats my would-be wording.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"If they end up in a church waiting for each other to enter the light, I'm really going to be mad."

I was thinking of this perfect little Chester's Mill as being their "flashforward" (a la "Lost") more then the church at the end!

I guess the writers felt that they could just hop on the high concept train and everyone would love it. The problem is, this is no "Lost", which was one of the best series of all time. There is a big difference between "high concept" and "hodgepodge".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - That's for sure.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was a little disorienting. But they are all back Under the Dome now, their fantasy lives (for some of them) over.

I wonder about how whats-her-name kept saying they had to prepare these people for something. And apparently the two new female characters (Ava and the therapist) are in on it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was like the whole two hour show was a waste. My take on it is that they were all in those eggs/cocoons somewhere, and Melanie (or actually un-Melanie, as she told what should have been her dad that it wasn't her) was controlling them and their dreams/hallucinations. When their hallucination went somewhere she didn't want them to she had to fix things to change their hallucinations. All because of some "process," whatever that is.

And now they're out, and presumably back/still in the tunnels Under the Dome, except Marg Helgenberger and Barbie's girlfriend are with them. Curious.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
This reminds me a love affair that ran its course and then years later they meet again but the original spark is gone.

This show was a nice memory but they're trying to add something that doesn't seem new any more.

One show that had a knack of renewing with the 'new' was the 100, oh whatever happened to that show!

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
The 100 was renewed. It wasn't a summer show.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
What I don't understand is, if Melanie was controlling all the visions, why was Barbie and the friend of Joe's seeing her inside the vision but no one else was?

And why, with setting up something so complicated, would she use the same "extra" for all the different parts so that Barbie would know something was up?

Also, why was he the only one that seemed to remember that Junior's name had been on the memorial but no one else could?

I don't really know why I am asking why because i don't think this show is ever going to explain it anyway.