TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 25, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH I am laughing so much, Stupid Human Tricks, my fav was the guy catching the bathroom plunger on top of his head.

I loved the Jack Hanna section, it was hysterical. Dave was good with the baby cats, LOL. They played Katy Perry's eye of the tiger and showed some darling pics.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't know what I like the best, someone did a really good job on this special...Johnny Carson bits, all the politicians, then all the chefs, really funny.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And then the musical guests, Oh my, Amy Winehouse! All these guys/gals are great even if I can't recognize some of them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was really touching to see the first show after 9/11, and then after that they showed the many faces of Dave as he aged. It is amazing how long he has been on!

Man he used to have a lot of hair.

Wow, that was a great show!! I might have to start watching him again at night until he goes off the air.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody watch tonight's new Lifetime channel movie called "Stockholm, Pennsylvania"?

I just had to tell someone that the ending totally caught me by surprise. It was a very good movie and I recommend catching one of the reruns.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Letterman special -- Harry. What a cutie!!!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Naja ~ I made it through 1 hour and 45 minutes of Stockholm and then changed the channel, LOL! We were so depressed by that time that we decided to watch a comedy. AT some point, I will go back and watch the last 45 minutes. They really could have made it shorter.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I watched Stockholm, Pennsylvania last night. Found it very slow moving and agree it could have been a shorter movie.
Without giving away the ending, it didn't catch me by surprise, but I thought it was ridiculous, especially for someone who didn't even know how to make toast!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it. I don't have a single primetime show scheduled for tonight. I guess I'll make it a movie night.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else watch "Salem". My goodness, this show has gotten so good. Ridiculously good! I hope it's renewed for season 3.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I cannot wait for this. Their Lifetime movie premieres Saturday.

The Full Trailer for Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell's A Deadly Adoption Is Uber Campy and Perfect

http://www.tvguide.com/news/kristen-wiig-will-ferrell-deadly-adoption-full-trailer/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow - I thought that Wiig/Ferrell trailer just looked creepy.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'd like to see the outtakes... I bet there was a lot of funniness in between takes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Awhile back there was some discussion about Queer as Folk. I finally got around to binging on it in showtime ondemand.

Wow, what a great show. And what's really funny is seeing how dated it is already even though the first season was only 15 years ago.

I'm up to season 2, ep 5, so I have a lot left to see.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Naja! My favourite TV show EVER! It has its off episodes but I don't think I've ever felt so much watching a tv show before or since. Seen the whole series about six times! There's talk about a reunion show 10 years later, that some of the cast are trying to get made, so you better get the show finished before then ;).

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Don't worry, Kitt. I'll be done within a couple weeks :-)

If anybody else with showtime wants to watch it from the beginning in on-damand, be sure to get it done over this summer because they are supposed to be removing it in Sept or Oct.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, I'd love to see a reunion show. Which cast members are interested? I loved QaF. The whole Brian, Michael, Justin thing. *sigh* Great show, great story. Love that Gale Harold. Wish we'd see more of him. I do occasionally watch Lab Rats on Disney just to see Hal Sparks.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You know what is funny? I remember back when the show was airing and hearing the name of the show all over the place. I had no idea what the name of the show meant....LOL

I think I finally realized because my internet friend Jerry kept using the word "folk" in all the places he used to use the other word in our emails... And one day I thought "Ohhhhh, that's what it means". LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Brenda, they're trying to get netflix to do it. There was a Comic-con-like thing about the show recently, so they've been talking about it again. From memory, Peter Paige, Randy Harrison, Scott Lowell, Gale Harold and Thea Gill have said they'd do it, plus Rown Cowen and Daniel Lipman (Cowlip). I don't hear much about Hal Sparks, he doesn't seem part of the group who chatter on twitter.

Naja, "there's nowt as queer as folk" is an English saying, basically meaning truth is stranger than fiction, so it was a pun on that. (There's a UK version of the show with the same name, and the US version was based on that.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
p.s. here's a youtube of the 15 year reunion panel at ATX, if you're interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBXVxnwWN5M
(might be too spoilery for you, Naja!)

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I will hold off, Kitt :-)

Rieann We just finished watching "A Deadly Adoption".

OMG, I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at something where they tried to be serious....LOL

It had every Lifetime movie cliche, and they played it serious to a T!

I think the funniest moment for me was when just after the girl shoots Will Ferrell in the arm. And will says "Oh you're sick".

And the girl says "No I'm not".

You have to see it in context to see why it's so funny....LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh shoot, I forgot Deadly Adoption was on, darnit. Oh well I am sure it will air a few times.

Oh yeah, I just checked, its on tonight at 9pm, LOL.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I watched Deadly Adoption this afternoon. Couldn't decide if it was a badly acted serious movie, or a campy takeoff on the Lifetime movie general theme. Either way, it just didn't work for me. It just wasn't funny enough to be cheeky/campy and was slow and boring.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I missed A Deadly Adoption. Argh! I'm waiting for it to become available online.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I have a quick question. I am 3 eps into season 4 of QAF. Is the opera voice coming out of Ted the the actor's real voice?